So after the newness started to wear off I noticed that my signal was always weaker (yes its a known issue) is there a way to increase reception strength? In the programers screen you can change speaker gain. So can you increase cell radio gain as well? Forget. Battery life. That's what chrgers are for

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 10:19 AM
    If I remember correctly, I read that if you dial ##000000 and type VZW for the SIP password, it should help increase your signal. I've noticed some better service as least.
    01-19-10 12:02 PM
    I'm going to give that a try, I've been running it for quite a while and my signal stinks!
    Thanks...
    01-19-10 12:16 PM
    You type it where the email address that has ur phone number?

01-19-10 12:58 PM
    What? When you dial the ##000000 scroll down to where it says SIP user ID "[email protected]. If that is what you were referring to then yes. That is where you type VZW for the password.
    01-19-10 01:05 PM
    Hahahahah! Me and my short memory...... I was the one that suggested doing that after speaking with a vzw troubleshooter hahaha. Thanks for reminding me of a tip I gave so that I may use it again. :-)

01-19-10 02:21 PM
    Hahahahah! Me and my short memory...... I was the one that suggested doing that after speaking with a vzw troubleshooter hahaha. Thanks for reminding me of a tip I gave so that I may use it again. :-)

Does it affect the battery that much and what is it supposed to do to the phone?
    Last edited by db306; 01-19-10 at 02:31 PM.
    01-19-10 02:27 PM

lol I was wondering who I stole that from!
    01-19-10 02:34 PM
    Can you clarify for me? I've noticed the weaker radio on .419 also, and I just tried the ##000000, but after entering the password, I didn't know what to do. Just disconnect? I hit "enter" after the password (the return key on the keyboard), but all that did was effectively move the cursor to the next line. Is there something else I'm supposed to do?

Thanks!
    01-20-10 08:32 PM
    I tried this and the radio seemed to have gotten worse
    01-20-10 08:36 PM
    Can you clarify for me? I've noticed the weaker radio on .419 also, and I just tried the ##000000, but after entering the password, I didn't know what to do. Just disconnect? I hit "enter" after the password (the return key on the keyboard), but all that did was effectively move the cursor to the next line. Is there something else I'm supposed to do?

Thanks!
    You need to hit the bb button>save and then the device will reboot.
    01-20-10 08:50 PM
    I tried this and the radio seemed to have gotten worse
    That's strange, after doing it, my coverage has seemed to increase more than when I freshly installed .419.
    01-20-10 08:51 PM
    Thank you!!! I did this, and now I have 4 bars instead of 3 while sitting in our house (we're out in the country, so this is great!!!) -

Thanks for the help!
    01-20-10 09:00 PM
    Might wanna consider the .419/451 hybrid. Its really great. It has all the good stuff of .419 and good radio.

01-21-10 03:24 AM
    So umm, how do I do this? Where would I find the phone number email address thing at? I guess I just never noticed this. Someone please help on this.
    01-21-10 09:00 AM
    1) Hit the bottom, left hard key (send button -green button - phone application)
    2) Enter ##000000 and hit the same button again (that should take you to the CDMA Service Edit Screen)
    3) Scroll down to where it reads "SIP Password:" and enter vzw
    4) Hit the BB menu key and select "Save" from the menu

After a second or two, your phone will reboot.
    01-21-10 02:36 PM
    what do the other functions in that service menu do? Are there any other tweaks?

01-21-10 03:27 PM
    .419 radio rocks!! I have never been able to use my phone at work in this god-foresaken, metal framed, chicken wire and stucco encrusted outer walls building. I now have a constant 3 bars, never drop calls and can surf the net with ease using bolt...BB browser sucks in IMO, but that's a whole nother topic
    01-21-10 03:46 PM
    ever since i installed 419...my radio BA LOWZ. I work in an old big corporate building and its hard to get a signal. ever since i put 419 on my phone...the radio can barely get 2 bars...most calls dont even ring...they go straight to voice-mail. i get txts and net though. it drains my battery like mad bc it is always searching for a signal.

i never heard of this tweak...just tried it...after reboot it went from 3/4 bars to a full 5. unreal...cant believe i just learned about this!!!!!!

very cool...can anyone explain why this helps...what does putting the SIP pw in do for the phone...im very curious

EDIT: just noticed when i checked phone after reboot...there is no SIP password visible...it looks the same as it did previously
    Last edited by RedBank; 01-21-10 at 06:51 PM.
    01-21-10 06:47 PM
    Press your phone key. When the dial pad appears press ##000000 and press the phone key again. A screen appears and you scroll down to where it says SIP password. Type VZW and press enter. Press the Blackberry button and select SAVE. Your phone will reset.
    01-21-10 07:10 PM
    ever since i installed 419...my radio BA LOWZ. I work in an old big corporate building and its hard to get a signal. ever since i put 419 on my phone...the radio can barely get 2 bars...most calls dont even ring...they go straight to voice-mail. i get txts and net though. it drains my battery like mad bc it is always searching for a signal.

i never heard of this tweak...just tried it...after reboot it went from 3/4 bars to a full 5. unreal...cant believe i just learned about this!!!!!!

very cool...can anyone explain why this helps...what does putting the SIP pw in do for the phone...im very curious

EDIT: just noticed when i checked phone after reboot...there is no SIP password visible...it looks the same as it did previously
    It forces your bb to rebuild some data services or something whereas when you just do a battery pull it just uses the same information gathered before....Yeah someone can do a better job at stating that lol
    01-21-10 07:16 PM
    And, can the procedure be reversed if the trade-off is not favorable in my situation?
    01-21-10 09:41 PM
    And, can the procedure be reversed if the trade-off is not favorable in my situation?
    Not that i am aware of. But then again i hadnt known about this trick until a few weeks ago

01-21-10 09:51 PM
    I had never heard of this trick before, but I tried it and it works great. Thanks for sharing Amavit
    01-21-10 11:24 PM
    I had never heard of this trick before, but I tried it and it works great. Thanks for sharing Amavit
    Notta problem i didnt know about it till i read it in a different thread posted by whoolio

01-21-10 11:44 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD