Hi all.

I had a... Pressure issue... And my storm 2 chrome bezel got cracked vertically almost above the left convenience ...

I saw replacement parts for every other model, even the newer 9700, but for the storm 2 I was only able to find the while body for 42 bucks.

Can I get only the chrome bezel? Or should I go for the complete set? (minus battery cover)?

I post here since I have no pc right now, and using my blackberry I could only find what I mentioned.

I'm not in a hurry either, I have an invisible shield on it, so the "crack" isn't a problem, but it will be, if I decide to sell it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 08:28 AM
    You cannot buy the chrome bezel by itself, as its not removable from the body.

You need the whole mid-plate, found here: OEM Blackberry Storm 9550 middle plate housing faceplate :: 9550 :: Blackberry :: Housing/Faceplate :: Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories & PDA Accessories wholesale Co.
    01-19-10 08:33 AM
    I didn't know it was possible yet to do a proper disassembly and reassembly of the Storm2. I thought the disassembly involved a procedure that makes it impossible to put the phone back together.
    01-19-10 08:56 AM
    I see, that settles it then

Was it diferent on the storm 1?

01-19-10 09:04 AM
    The one you linked was the one I had found.
    Will I be able to exchange it? I'm kinda skilled for this things, but shinkodachi got me scared.

I know that @britishturbo disasembles storm 2es and mors them, so it might be posible.

01-19-10 09:12 AM
    I'm also "kinda" skilled for these things and had no problem taking apart my previous BlackBerrys (take a look at my signature), though the Storm2 is a mystery to disassemble and put back together, at least for me. I read this somewhere, though can't find it now.

Anyway a full disassembly video can be found here:
    01-19-10 09:23 AM
    I see no signatures from my BB
    Ill see what I can't find before buying anything

01-19-10 09:45 AM
    If its under warranty still you might as well take it back into the store and ask them about it, they might exchange it.
    01-19-10 09:50 AM
    I bought it on eBay and a friend brought it to Argentina, so that's not an option.

01-19-10 11:36 AM
    My storm2 just dropped off my desk and now it has a crack right next to the left side button which I dont use. First, Im not too impressed that it cracked THAT easily. Maybe a three feet fall onto work carpet stuff. But anyway, this site has a video on how to disassemble the storm2. Right around 1:00 it looks a little dicey. But here you go:

BlackBerry Storm2 9520/9550 housing set - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories - 3G,
    01-27-10 06:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD