My pearl took a nose dive into a puddle of water as I was trying to make my way from the car during a thunderstorm. After retrieving it from what I was sure was its watery grave, I removed its parts and left it to dry for over a week. I just put everything back together yesterday expecting the worse and was surprised when it turned on and starting working like a champ. After I started it using it, I noticed that the "L" key didnt work. Ok, problem. Now the "L" key has started working, but it also engages on its own. Meaning that without my touch, it will start typing "L". I have AT&T as my carrier, and when it starts typing, it ends up calling *669. I'm not quite sure what the association is, but it must be a shortcut or something. Its not like this is eating my minutes as its a free call for AT&T, but it really eats my battery.

Any thoughts on what I can do to fix this problem or at least keep it from calling this number?? I've resolved myself to getting a new phone, but I am eligible for an upgrade in a month, so I am trying to hold out for that.

Thanks!!
    06-04-08 12:40 PM
    I feel your pain but iam glad its working I would say try downloading auto lock its a program that automaticaly locks your keypad that may help from dialing other than that my only suggestion would be to keep in stand by

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-08 05:47 PM
    I hope that helps also I was looking for the lin for autolock but couldn't find it since I am at work but if you do a search it should be in the forums

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-08 05:58 PM
    did you try a battery pull?? Also maybe keeping it in standby. I hope your berry gets back to normal!
    06-04-08 06:13 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have been placing it into standby mode. That so far has been the only thing I can do to keep it from dialing every minute. Now I have issues when my phone locks and I try to enter my password. Not so nice. I did call AT&T today and ask if there was anyway to upgrade a month earlier and of course with their superior customer service and understanding they said NO! Go figure. I've only been a customer since 1995 but hey, I guess consumer loyalty isnt what it used to be. Blech!
    06-05-08 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD