I have been tryin to figure out how to be able to see my weather on my homescreen. I wanna know which apps r theee best to choose! Can you let me knw of any apps yall know and which 1's e the best to use and HOW DO you get it on ur HOMESCREEN I have tried several apps b4 as well...........

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 03:10 AM
    Do you mean like WeatherBerry that has information on your homescreen or maps on your homescreen?

01-19-10 03:33 AM
    Idk I think its the homescreen tho....

01-19-10 04:26 AM
    What he means, and im would like to figure out as well is, which app and how, can you show the temperature on the homescreen as i will show you below.
    Last edited by ProblmeChild0; 01-19-10 at 06:18 AM.
    01-19-10 06:16 AM
    You would need a custom theme (look in the theme area under 9700) which allows you to have you Temp on the home screen as shown above or You will need to buy a good weather app such as SimpleWeather or BerryWeather which would allow you to use their weather program as your homepage.
    There is lots of good information on here about doing this if you search
    01-19-10 06:32 AM
    I like BerryWeather, even before they added the ability to have the weather on the main screen... I really like the radar images and the long range forecasts... I usually kept the icon as one of my main screen icons.
    01-19-10 06:44 AM
    There are several ways to do it. Many of the paid apps have that functionality, including WeatherBug elite. But there are free options as well.

BBWeather (visit www.tateu.net/downloads for OTA link)
    BerryWeather (appears as BeWeather Free on BB App World)
    Weatherbug Free (I'm pretty sure)

What those three allow you to do is put an icon on your homescreen which should auto-update. The icon itself displays the current temperatur e or conditions, OR a text line showing the current temp is displayed when the icon is rolled over.

BBWeather is a little barebones, but it updates the most frequently. BeWeather Free only updates on the hour, but is a little nicer.

I've had problems with some themes, however, getting it to work. If you like the "Bliss" theme (Crackberry free theme of the year!), I had that working great. But since trying to switch to Section8, it doesn't update for me. (If anyone can help with that, that would be great!)
    01-19-10 09:24 AM
    Thankz I really appericate all of yall advice and hipping me to this bb weather!

01-19-10 11:37 AM
    I like berry weather as well its the best weather app available
    01-19-10 11:48 AM
    I need help with my Homescreen icon, it doesnt update it just stays on the "umbrella"...Just started doing it today
    Last edited by islandgal808; 01-20-10 at 08:58 PM.
    01-20-10 08:56 PM
    If you have already registered the app, then Alt+Right Shift+Del.
    01-20-10 08:58 PM
    @StormJH1 and islandgal808
    Go to settings>Homescreen/Notification Icon
    Check Show Tempurature Icon in Notification Area
    It puts the Temp under the umbrella and it updates.
    01-20-10 10:32 PM
    What he means, and im would like to figure out as well is, which app and how, can you show the temperature on the homescreen as i will show you below.
    What theme is that, anyone have a link to it?

01-21-10 02:46 AM
    BeWeather Free only updates on the hour, but is a little nicer.)
    This is not true. There are many options for update times in BeWeather Free.

01-21-10 06:49 AM
    What theme is that, anyone have a link to it?

that is a cracking screen.
    would like to get hold of it where did you get it from please
    01-21-10 12:57 PM
    weathereye is free and it displays the temp on your home screen, but you have to have your cursor over the icon to see it. It doesn't just have it displayed like it is in the screenshot that was posted.
    01-21-10 04:39 PM
    I need help with my Homescreen icon, it doesnt update it just stays on the "umbrella"...Just started doing it today
    I had that problem too..then I opened it and kept it running (in the background) and the umbrella went away....so you need to have it running in the background.
    01-21-10 04:56 PM
    I had that problem too..then I opened it and kept it running (in the background) and the umbrella went away....so you need to have it running in the background.
    Just upgraded to a 9700. Does running this in the background use much in the way of memory or battery? As in, if it is only a bit then fine.
    01-22-10 04:15 AM
    I have not noticed any noticeable battery drain or memory leak at all. It is a great app and definitely worth the price. I definitely plan on using it while in London next month on business.
    01-22-10 04:18 AM
    I have not noticed any noticeable battery drain or memory leak at all. It is a great app and definitely worth the price. I definitely plan on using it while in London next month on business.
    LOL save your battery! It always Rains in the UK!
    01-25-10 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD