I am new to the blackberry os and currently have my hotmail sync'd to my phone. The problem is that I get too much spam and other emails that i am constantly getting messages.

Is there a way to turn of the sync and only "check" your email periodically? I tried the "reconcile now" option but that didn't "check" and update the mail.

THanks
    01-18-10 04:46 PM
    What you can do is increase the security of your Hotmail account, so that most spams are filtered and will not be sent to your device.
    01-18-10 06:34 PM
    BlackBerry is designed for and one its strongest features is "push" mail, so polling on demand is not in the vocabulary. Go to the BIS site and set up filters as JarceBerry suggested.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-10 07:57 PM
    The best option here is to up the security within hotmail itself. Hotmail has a junk filter which you can set to high sensitivity. Anything which goes automatically to the junk mail folder will not push to the BB, only new mail hitting the inbox is pushed.

At first you'll have to log in to hotmail and check your junk mail folder as setting it to high will inevitably trap some genuine emails and pull them in to (consequently these won't arrive on the BB) but within a little while and use of the safe senders list to stop this happening you'll have it solved and you'll have your spam minimised.
    01-19-10 06:41 AM
    I have the same problem; I'm not using BIS but rather using a work email account. But, messages that get filtered into junk mail on my PC pass right on through to my Bold, so I get spammed all day even though my mail is filtering.
    01-26-10 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD