Yes folks -- the rumors are true. Apple is holding an event on January 27th to show off something the company is calling their "latest creation." Hair standing on end? Good. The proceedings will take place at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Theater in San Francisco, and will get underway at 10AM Pacific. We'll be there live -- as usual -- covering every little second of the action... so get ready!

Update: We're not ones for wild speculation, but the inclusion of splatter paint and the use of the word "creation" could suggest that if we do see the long-rumored Tablet at this event, the focus could be slanted towards art, music, and movie-making. Maybe we'll finally figure out what the point of an Apple tablet is! On the other hand, that might just be a bit of wild speculation. Feel free to generate your own kooky concepts in comments -- we promise not to judge you.
    Possible new iPhone and or OS 4.0 news?
    01-18-10 02:02 PM
    I HOPE SO!!!!
    I can't wait, if the new iPhone IS going to be coming out, I'll have to contact AT&T and see if my eligable upgrade is still available, or if I have to wait another one year. I wonder, if Apple does release ANOTHER iPhone 1-year after the 3GS like they did the 3G, will they discount those who bought the 3GS this past summer?

I had the 3G, and did the upgrade in June for the 3GS at a discounted price... so I'm hoping Apple/AT&T will come to a agreement if that is the case to make it easier for those who did yet, another upgrade this past summer... We'll see.
    01-18-10 03:12 PM
    Seems like it would be hard to believe Apple would announce the next iphone this early since they dont release until end of June or early July.
    01-18-10 05:37 PM
    Now is about the time they announced the 3GS last year

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-10 06:12 PM

Well lets hope so then
    01-18-10 06:13 PM
    Totally. I'm waiting.. Maybe a longer battery life? I still have to get my Apple Care and go to an Apple store in Portland, OR after this winter ... and have them look at my touch screen

But, I'm waiting. The 27th is one of my days off, glad I can listen to the meeting then
    01-18-10 06:20 PM
    Seems like it would be hard to believe Apple would announce the next iphone this early since they dont release until end of June or early July.
    From what I have read it sounds like it is going to be the tablet iLife10 and the new OS for the iPhone, 4gen iPhone around Sept.
    01-18-10 07:34 PM
    iTablet will most likely be the main event of this Apple event. I really wouldn't expect a lot of iPhone news, but hopefully there it.
    01-18-10 07:44 PM

The 3GS was announced at right about the end of May or early, early June of
    last year. The only iPhone that has ever been announced in January was the
    original one. When Steve Jobs took his leave of absence in January there was
    no way they were going to announce the iPhone then.
    01-18-10 07:53 PM
    Apple will announce a Sprint 4G Wimax iphone!
    01-18-10 08:18 PM
    If they do come out with the new phone I sure hope it is this month as I just bought my 3gs and would be able to return it.
    01-18-10 09:32 PM
    Apple will announce a Sprint 4G Wimax iphone!
    For the last time they are not going to Sprint. It's a numbers game and Sprint does not have enough customers for Apple to give them the iPhone. Next carrier is going to be VZW or maybe TMO.
    01-18-10 09:57 PM
    This will be very big news.. in addition to the tablet they will announce iPhone Operating System 4.0 and it's features which will be HUGE.
    01-18-10 10:03 PM
    For the last time they are not going to Sprint. It's a numbers game and Sprint does not have enough customers for Apple to give them the iPhone. Next carrier is going to be VZW or maybe TMO.
    For the record I don't think the iPhone will be going to Sprint, but as for the numbers game, 69.99 unlimited everything/month + iPhone would make numbers like you wouldn't believe. A WiMax iPhone would kill Sprints computers in minutes from the signups lol.
    01-18-10 11:45 PM
    hopefully its 4.0 OS!
    01-19-10 12:24 PM
    01-19-10 12:27 PM
    When the 4.0 comes out, will it just be a beta software or the actual upgrade?
    01-19-10 06:31 PM
    When the 4.0 comes out, will it just be a beta software or the actual upgrade?
    The actual upgrade.
    01-19-10 06:55 PM
    Yeah apple really does not do public betas. Can't think of even one that they have done ever.
    01-19-10 10:05 PM
    "iPhone 4.0 O/S to include BBM."

bwahahahahah.
    01-20-10 05:37 AM
    I hope they announce a future iPhone on VZW. I haven't seen that many VZW commercial going after the iPhone like it was weeks ago. Not sure if they just calmed down before they launch more or because they will now get the iPhone. I don't care who's better I just want to be able to have the choice of either carrier. Plus I get a slightly bigger discount on VZW LOL.
    01-20-10 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD