I have a Gmail account synced to my BlackBerry Bold 9700. Everything works fine, as soon as I get an e-mail, bam, pushed to Bold. Love it. Here is my interesting issue. All e-mails, stupid e-mails, bill e-mails, friend e-mails, even MySpace e-mails all get pushed to my phone immediately. The interesting issue is that NONE of my facebook notification e-mails get pushed to my Bold. I checked my settings in facebook to be sure all e-mail notifications are on. And they clearly are because if I log into my Gmail account on my computer, facebook e-mails are there, they just don't get pushed to my BlackBerry. I also checked my Gmail settings to make sure I don't have any filters set up that I forgot about or something. Nope, nothing there...but still not getting facebook e-mails pushed to Bold.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Funny thing is, I work for AT&T and between myself, the rest of my store, Customer Care, tier 2 AT&T tech support, and BlackBerry tech support, I still don't have an answer or even an idea.
    01-18-10 01:11 PM
    do you have the facebook app installed if thats the case it uses the email for the notification
    01-18-10 02:01 PM
    I do have the facebook app installed and I'm getting updates in the app and in my e-mail, but the notification e-mails aren't getting pushed to my phone.
    01-18-10 02:03 PM
    They are getting pushed to your phone. The Facebook app takes them and processes them itself and notifies you. It also removes them from your mailbox on your phone since it is already being dealt with in the Facebook app.
    01-18-10 02:08 PM
    They are getting pushed to your phone. The Facebook app takes them and processes them itself and notifies you. It also removes them from your mailbox on your phone since it is already being dealt with in the Facebook app.
    this is exactly what I meant should have been more clear
    01-18-10 02:19 PM
    Is there anyway to get around to that so the e-mails actually show up on my BlackBerry? I've been messing around with the options in the facebook app and nothing seems to be working. The reason I'm asking is because every so often when I log into my Gmail account I will have like 100 facebook e-mails that I have to go through and physically delete instead of just taking care of them as they come on my Bold.
    01-18-10 02:26 PM
    There is no way around getting them to show up in your email other than logging out of the Facebook app then they will just get treated as ordinary emails.

However what you're looking to achieve can be done easily from within the Facebook app. Go to options and then scroll down and you'll see an option to leave email notification messages on the mail server. Untick this and then as soon as the Facebook app receives an email it will process it as normal in your app and delete it from your gmail account so you won't have to do that manually in the future.

I think this is the solution you're looking to achieve.
    01-19-10 06:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD