Just an FYI...while looking around in AppWorld I came across a Scanner App...It is for listening to Police and Fire calls. It has a 7 day free trial then its only 4.99...

Goto AppWorld then select the Categories folder....click on Music & Audio...Click on MP3 & Media Players...then scroll down and select Scanner Radio...

It is a real decent app...
    01-18-10 06:24 AM
    this is kinda freaky, i JUST asked a buddy with a bb if there was one lol, thanks man!
    01-18-10 06:56 AM
    I have bbscanner great app! If you don't pay the one time fee you can only use it for 10 mins the have to restart it. It has police, fire, marine, air, air traffic control, rail. All around great app!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-10 07:12 AM
    actually it's 5 mins for non weather scanners, but it is a great app!
    01-18-10 07:17 AM
    Definitely worth the $4.99 price tag!! I am planning on buying it
    01-18-10 07:55 AM
    As am I, I stay @ my GF's quite a bit and she is down the street from the Fire Dept, across the street from the Ambulance bay so my curiosity often gets the best of me lol
    01-18-10 07:59 AM
    Here is a link you can read all about this great program (BBScanner.com: Listen to police and fire scanners on your BlackBerry - Home). I have been using it since
    it came out. And the maker of the program is always
    updating (free of charge) it.
    01-18-10 08:34 AM
    yep BBScanner it a great app, paid for the full a long time ago and love it.

Now I just need more people to provide feeds in my area.
    01-18-10 08:43 AM
    Great app. Bit of a battery drain for me though. Still worth it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-10 08:57 AM
    Gotta try it!! I have 5 bucks eating a hole in my pocket
    01-18-10 09:10 AM
    I love this app. Some times my wife asks me to turn it on while she is trying to go to bed. It must be a noise thing. But it is a great app and Scanner App & BBScanner are the same. He had to change the name to enter app world due to their rules on naming conventions, If you like it give it a good review as well, I know that i did for the app in app world.
    01-18-10 10:23 PM
    yep BBScanner it a great app, paid for the full a long time ago and love it.

Now I just need more people to provide feeds in my area.
    Are you providing one?

I tired of never finding one for my area, now I provide it. Simple, real simple, and easy. RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference can give you more info.
    01-18-10 10:32 PM
    Great app, well worth the 5 bucks!
    01-19-10 02:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD