Im trying to record a phone conversation... at there any apps or am i just doing it wrong on the phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 10:27 PM
    Google Voice. Sorry, that may not be the answer you were looking for, but it's what I use. I too looked for an app but could not find one, but needed something for personal reasons. GV is awesome for me, look into it, maybe you'll want to try it. Not only can you record, but you can get VM transcribed among many other things. Good luck.
    01-17-10 10:49 PM
    I don't think you can record a phone conversation I have never heard that you can
    01-17-10 10:49 PM
    I can do it all day long. I answer my phone using Google Voice, press 4, then a recorded voice comes one saying this conversation is being recorded, or something to that effect, and....it gets recorded. Go to your account and listen to it. Thats it.
    01-17-10 10:53 PM
    thanks...but its telling me its only invite only...is that wat you had to do? kinda new to this but im needing it asap

01-17-10 11:05 PM
    no... i need this without notifying the other person... kinda complicated

01-17-10 11:06 PM
    Sorry friend, thats why I said it might not be what you're looking for. I sooo understand the complicated aspect, but, you need to be careful of the legalities. Again, good luck. Go ahead an ask Google for an invite though, it'll take a little while but you can use it in the future to block, record, re-direct calls, and not give out your phones' real number.
    01-17-10 11:16 PM
    well thanks anyway

01-17-10 11:28 PM
    It is not possible on the BB. The API' necessary for an app to do it are not available and the BB does not have it built in.

-frank

01-17-10 11:35 PM
    Speakerphone on and Berry Record may do the trick. BerryWAV - What can your phone do?
    01-18-10 05:38 AM
    Its pretty sad that my old LG flip phone can record calls with a push of a button, but my 500 dollar Blackberry can't.
    01-18-10 06:26 AM
    Google voice can only record incoming calls, not outgoing and in some states recorded conversations are illegal or legal. PA - where I am, all parties must be notified by either a voice message or a persistant beep every minute or so. Other states only one side must know its being recorded (no 3rd party recoding w/o one party's knowledge).
    01-18-10 07:24 AM
    no... i need this without notifying the other person... kinda complicated

It's illegal to record without other person's consent and approval.

This is the reason GV will provide the recording message as well as business that say "this call may be recorded".....if you stay on the line, then you effectively give consent to the recording.
    01-18-10 07:48 AM

This is the reason GV will provide the recording message as well as business that say "this call may be recorded".....if you stay on the line, then you effectively give consent to the recording.
    Not always true - it depends on the state. Some states merely require that one of the two parties give consent.
    01-18-10 08:56 AM

In many states and under federal law, as long as one party to the phone conversation is aware of the recording it is perfectly legal.
    01-18-10 09:58 AM
    Correct. In NY you can record a conversation as long as 1 of the individuals is apprised of the fact that the call is being recorded, and that person could be you.

You can record by using a digital recorder, and a suction cup pick up that sticks to the back of your phone. It picks up both callers. You can get them at radio shack.
    01-18-10 10:05 AM
    You could simply record the conversation with another device like a cassette recorder, mp3 player with a recorder (obviously) etc.

There might not be an app to use but there are alot of very simple ways to record a conversation using your speakerphone.

I am not sure of the legal issues but I would be wary judging by what other people said here.
    01-18-10 12:01 PM
    01-18-10 12:09 PM
    is it not illegal to record a conversation here in ky as long as one party knows that its being recorded you can. so as in you being the recorder you know about it so its legal.
    01-18-10 12:25 PM
    Its pretty sad that my old LG flip phone can record calls with a push of a button, but my 500 dollar Blackberry can't.
    Yes but those LG phones could only record the other party and not you. Seriously, try it.
    01-18-10 01:09 PM
    I had a samsung about 10 years ago that had a button on the side that you could press and it would record the conversation and file it with the date and number of the person you were talking to. Phone was the best I've ever had.
    01-18-10 03:37 PM
    I bet if you muted the call, while using Google Voice, and then hit 4 the other party wouldn't be able to hear the announcement telling them the call is being recorded. I will try it later and report back.
    01-18-10 08:27 PM

Texas is first person privacy, so as long as one person knows that the conversation is being recorded you are fine. I worked as a PI several years and had no problems with recordings. But laws do vary by state so check before you record.
    01-18-10 08:48 PM
    I bet if you muted the call, while using Google Voice, and then hit 4 the other party wouldn't be able to hear the announcement telling them the call is being recorded. I will try it later and report back.
    It cant be done. I experimented with my wife, she called my Google Voice number and I answered. I then muted the call and pressed "4" to record the call and it gave both her and I a notification that the call was being recorded. It seems Google has thought of everything.
    01-18-10 10:57 PM
    As others have pointed out, it's perfectly legal (in many states) to record conversations without the other participant's approval. When I did it, I turned the speaker phone on and recorded the call with a digital voice recorder. I tried using the suction cup thing but those are designed for older phones (landline phones) and it didn't work too well. I recommend Olympus voice recorders.
    01-18-10 11:48 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD