Sorry just relieving some stress. Damn thing is dropping calls left and right, and I had updated my roaming. Getting on the internet is slow to say the least. One thing I find wierd is if i use opera mini to open a site up wow that is fast why is my bb browser so damn slow? Can any give some enlight on that to me. also the voice recognition is really starting to **** me off. All in all I am just started think about just giving up on it. then the damn talk button will not work 80 percent of the time.
    starting to really consider the droid or trying a different storm 2 and seeing what it does. I have had this one since end of oct.
    01-17-10 07:48 PM
    <snip>
    starting to really consider the droid or trying a different storm 2 and seeing what it does. I have had this one since end of oct.
    I would suggest trying another Storm2. My last phone was a Bold, which dropped calls after a minute or so, and I thought it was the network as everyone said that the Bold is a great phone. Since I got my Verizon Storm2 (using it on a GSM network), I find that calls are no longer dropping.
    01-17-10 07:55 PM
    Opera mini uses a proxy server to truncate web content for faster loading. The server does a lot of the work. I wish RIM was doing this. Now that you ask, I don't know why they don't considering that was their magic performed behind the scenes for email.
    Hey, at least you have Opera, and its only going to get better once its out of beta. I am happy with it.

If you are having such a hard time with droprd calls with more than one storm 2 phone, I would consider another phone myself. How can anyone blame you. But you have to wonder how rare the issue is amongst the majority of storm owners and wonder what is common with the phones that are dropping calls. It could be a specific hardware issue from a single plant. Otherwise, if its one phone, get it replaced. I only have a storm 1, so I can't tell you if I have the same issue.
    Last edited by leglace; 01-17-10 at 08:13 PM.
    01-17-10 08:07 PM
    Its most likely the area that you live in and you will still get dropped calls whether your using a storm2 or a Droid or a motorola razr.
    01-17-10 09:15 PM
    Damn I didn't know opera 5 was that good been trying 4 but didn't like it always ended back to BB browser went and downloaded 5 and I don't think I'll be back on BB browser again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 09:36 PM
    there is a site called mobilespeedtest.com or something like that.

i tried the site through BB browser and then through my wifi connected to 2Mb DSL.

the results were:

BB Browser: 225k
    Opera 5 beta: 6,300k

Now these numbers seem severely off but there definitely a big difference in speeds between Opera and native BB browser.

on the call dropping issues:
    yes i am also having it now and its driving me insane. it goes away with an occasion battery pull but comes back bairly quickly.
    01-18-10 02:14 AM
    how do you get Opera
    01-18-10 08:22 AM
    how do you get Opera
    here is the link to download OM right from your blackberry.

opera mini mobile

01-18-10 08:58 AM
    Opera mini uses a proxy server to truncate web content for faster loading. The server does a lot of the work. I wish RIM was doing this. Now that you ask, I don't know why they don't considering that was their magic performed behind the scenes for email.
    Hey, at least you have Opera, and its only going to get better once its out of beta. I am happy with it.
    BOOM: http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/rim...owsing-406681/
    01-18-10 09:16 AM
    here is the link to download OM right from your blackberry.

opera mini mobile

thank you very much
    01-19-10 05:44 AM
    just get a droid. you wont have to worry about anything just addiction.
    01-19-10 10:00 AM
    just get a droid. you wont have to worry about anything just addiction.
    If I wasn't so tired of dealing with idiotic trolls, I'd point out that your Droid is inferior to any blackberry in call quality, typing capability, e-mail, and even though your screen resolution is higher, what good does it do you when you can't see the damn thing in direct sunlight? Not to mention the ugly as h*ll form factor of the p.o.s.

But as I said, I'm sick of dealing with idiotic trolls, so I'll let someone else handle this one.
    01-19-10 11:39 AM
    If I wasn't so tired of dealing with idiotic trolls, I'd point out that your Droid is inferior to any blackberry in call quality, typing capability, e-mail, and even though your screen resolution is higher, what good does it do you when you can't see the damn thing in direct sunlight? Not to mention the ugly as h*ll form factor of the p.o.s.

But as I said, I'm sick of dealing with idiotic trolls, so I'll let someone else handle this one.
    wait are you joking about the screen res and email, call quality.
    FUnny i get my emails faster than i did with the 5 blackberries i owned. The call quality come on now its crisp. I can see fine with the sunlight, by the way the nexus one is the the amled. get the facts right. Typing i type so much faster with the droid with swype. And my droidy is the prettiest thing out there. I dont have to do any batter pulls lol. NEXT
    Last edited by stormsucks75; 01-19-10 at 12:00 PM. Reason: the screen res in the specs are higher on the droid. Why cant people get the thier facts straight
    01-19-10 11:50 AM
    wait are you joking about the screen res and email, call quality.
    FUnny i get my emails faster than i did with the 5 blackberries i owned. The call quality come on now its crisp. I can see fine with the sunlight, by the way the nexus one is the the amled. get the facts right. Typing i type so much faster with the droid with swype. And my droidy is the prettiest thing out there. I dont have to do any batter pulls lol. NEXT
    All of your email accounts must be gmail or your a liar.

Take your droid outside and compare it side by side with a Storm 2 and you will see what I'm talking about (hint: brightness).

Call quality is nowhere near Storm 2 and neither is typing, tell yourself otherwise all that you want to, still doesn't make it true.

Prettiest thing out there? There is no accounting for bad taste.

NEXT.
    01-19-10 12:03 PM
    All of your email accounts must be gmail or your a liar.

Take your droid outside and compare it side by side with a Storm 2 and you will see what I'm talking about (hint: brightness).

Call quality is nowhere near Storm 2 and neither is typing, tell yourself otherwise all that you want to, still doesn't make it true.

Prettiest thing out there? There is no accounting for bad taste.

NEXT.
    yup all my email accounts are gmail. look at the youtube vids with typing on the storm2 compared to the droid you will see which is better Also my friends has an old school blackberry 2. Can you do HD Video on youtube on your blackberry storm 2. dont think so the storm would blow up Also how about apps think the droid has that one to Next the browser watch the vids blackberry storm 2 takes 1 min longer to render an website than the droid how about rebooting your storm 2 does it take 45 seconds or 4 min Droid you dont have to do any battery pulls Also sunlight does not affect the droid I will give you that the storm 2 has a better cam. But i dont take pic with the phone. But i do use the video cam. Can you say the droid has dvd quality. Can you say that with the storm didnt think so. Also look at the specs droid has that to. Free Navigation that works We dont look for leaks because we know the droid working perfectly. NEXT
    Last edited by stormsucks75; 01-19-10 at 12:28 PM. Reason: not saying the storm 2 is a bad phone, but its not in the same league as the droid:)
    01-19-10 12:25 PM
    yup all my email accounts are gmail. look at the youtube vids with typing on the storm2 compared to the droid you will see which is better Also my friends has an old school blackberry 2. Can you do HD Video on youtube on your blackberry storm 2. dont think so the storm would blow up Also how about apps think the droid has that one to Next the browser watch the vids blackberry storm 2 takes 1 min longer to render an website than the droid how about rebooting your storm 2 does it take 45 seconds or 4 min. Droid you dont have to do any battery pulls Also sunlight does not affect the droid I will give you that the storm 2 has a better cam. But i dont take pic with the phone. But i do use the video cam. Can you say the droid has dvd quality. Can you say that with the storm didnt think so. Also look at the specs droid has that to. Free Navigation that works We dont look for leaks because we know the droid working perfectly. NEXT
    Am I debating a 12 year old?

Storm 2 would blow up watching a hi-def youtube video? We'll see about that when the new webkit browser comes out.

You have 50 versions of the same useless app and consider that a selling point?

I don't consider my weekly battery pull that much of an inconvenience, but whatever.

Not looking for leaks? I suppose you don't have 2.1 installed do you?

When you can tell me the specs for the Storm 2 we'll debate that then. Smarter people than you have tried to come up with them and every one has failed.

Sunlight affects my brother's droid every time we do a comparison, maybe yours is special.

Oh, here's a for you since you like them so much.
    01-19-10 12:44 PM
    no i dont have 2.1 installed. i coulld ride out 2.0.1 for the 2 years i have the phone. Also can you say the droid will be getting flash the next few months. Can say that with the BB storm 2. Also with the apps there are some dupes but there also apps that are great. I would hate to do battery pulls even once a week waste of time. If you think about it if you do a battery pull once a weeks thats over 3 hours a year.that you wasting for the phone to work. I was prob the biggest crack head out there. I just was tired of waiting for BB to step up. I mean i would go back to blackberry in 5 to 10 years when BB has finally gotten to the point where its not frustrating to use their phones for basic stuff. what kind of specs to do want. they arent great lol
    01-19-10 12:59 PM
    no i don't have 2.1 installed. i could ride out 2.0.1 for the 2 years i have the phone. Also can you say the droid will be getting flash the next few months. Can say that with the BB storm 2. Also with the apps there are some dupes but there also apps that are great. I would hate to do battery pulls even once a week waste of time. If you think about it if you do a battery pull once a weeks that over 3 hours a year.that you wasting for the phone to work. I was prob the biggest crack head out there. I just was tired of waiting for BB to step up. I mean i would go back to blackberry in 5 to 10 years when BB has finally gotten to the point where its not frustrating to use their phones for basic stuff. what kind of specs to do want. they arent great lol
    Yes, I can say that we will be getting flash here in the next few months. It is coming with the web kit browser. A simple search could have told you that.

I'm willing to bet that the specs are at least equal to the droids, which aren't all that great either.

I might go android in a few years after they get all of their security flaws fixed and put it on a quality hand set.
    01-19-10 01:09 PM
    they are have been talking about flash with blackberry for a while now. What ever happend to that browser skyfire. Come on man just say it android is the future and BB is in a coma. Hey i used to be just like you BB is the best and omg great email. But then i learned thats all they have. is email. Not even good email i used to hate opening a email with an attachment with BB. With the droid it just pops up what ever the file is.
    Last edited by stormsucks75; 01-19-10 at 01:21 PM. Reason: i will give you this the BB storm 2 has better cam right now. But when the 2.1 comes out it will be droid 5 mega vs BB 3.2
    01-19-10 01:20 PM
    they are have been talking about flash with blackberry for a while now. What ever happend to that browser skyfire. Come on man just say it android is the future and BB is in a coma. Hey i used to be just like you BB is the best and omg great email. But then i learned thats all they have. is email. Not even good email i used to hate opening a email with an attachment with BB. With the droid it just pops up what ever the file is.
    Androids future is in serious doubt right now as far as I'm concerned.

How many more security hits do you think they can take? Trust me, this banking app scandal was just the tip of the iceberg.

Also, with google threatening to pull out of China, they will be losing out on the fastest growing economy in the world. They've already delayed all android based devices there.

Skyfire was a third party browser, you would have to ask that company what is up with it.

But go ahead and enjoy your droid, it might be a collectors item someday.
    01-19-10 01:36 PM
    alright have fun with your storm 2 its already obsolete. While i am with a phone that just started. I really liked blackberry but its not a force that it was.
    01-19-10 01:43 PM
    alright have fun with your storm 2 its already obsolete. While i am with a phone that just started. I really liked blackberry but its not a force that it was.
    Nowhere near as obsolete as your slider.

1 last question. Why do you come here? I can tell you why, it's because secretly and maybe even subconsciously you know that the Storm 2 is the better phone and you are jealous.

I have never posted anything in any android forum ever and I never would. Why? Because I'm not interested in second rate iphone wannabes.

You can deny it all you want, but you'll live a happier life if you just be honest with yourself.
    01-19-10 01:57 PM
    no i came in here because i saw should i give up my storm. So if the person wants a better phone then she or he should know about better phones on the market. I come on here because i still use my curve once in a while. i gave my tour up so my mother could have a sub par phone with email lol. Trust me i am done with BB for years until they come out with something that is worth buying. I am not bashing just stating facts.
    Last edited by stormsucks75; 01-19-10 at 02:22 PM. Reason: I am totally done with getting ripped off by rim.
    01-19-10 02:21 PM
    Opinions aren't facts, especially when they are as weakly based as yours.
    01-19-10 02:36 PM
    i have told you many facts how the droid is better lol. so much in denial. email,video recording, internet, screen resloution, apps, not needing to do a battery pull, app management, youtube, the droid does not take 4 min to reboot. voice recognition, widgets, the droid has a faster processor. the list goes on and on. i know i forgot a bunch but i am doing this while in a meeting.
    01-19-10 02:45 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD