I have a Blackberry Curve about a year and a half old. Looking to upgrade. Would like WiFi and a bigger sceen. Any suggestions?
    01-17-10 01:34 PM
    Hello Troll. How is the water under the bridge? This thread is written about 1000000000 times a day. Search the forums
    01-17-10 01:44 PM
    They all work well. Since none of us are going to use your phone, go play with them and get the one you like, not the one everybody here likes.
    01-17-10 01:54 PM
    Hello Troll. How is the water under the bridge? This thread is written about 1000000000 times a day. Search the forums
    New to this and am old. give me a break, please.
    01-17-10 01:58 PM
    No need to apologize, I'd say he's the troll considering all he did was call you one without asking what your looking for first. Then again his pic says it all, stupid kids anyway.

Ok, on to your question, it really boils down to what you plan on using it for.

If your business oriented then go for a BB, if your looking for "Entertaintment" devices, then a BB is prolly not best suited for you, sure BB's are capable of multimedia, but if you have hangups about browsers not being fast enough or other complaints that have been mentioned on this site then I would suggest an Iphone or other smartphones that will fill your need.
    01-17-10 02:07 PM
    You looking for a mod stick beatdown Brock?!? If you are not going to be welcoming, then just don't say ANYTHING.
    01-17-10 02:12 PM
    New to this and am old. give me a break, please.
    Don't get too mad, and don't give up on CrackBerry. It's the greatest place in the world to find out all you need to know about your phone (assuming you get a BB), fix any problems that come up, find apps that do what you need (ShopCrackBerry is a great place to buy hardware and software) and share the things you discover. It's just not a good place to ask that particular question. It's kind of like walking into a GoodYear store and asking them if you should buy GoodYear or FireStone tires. What would you expect them to say. To further the point, are you really going to base your decision on the answers you receive? I doubt it. If 2 people say Storm2, 1 says iPhone and 3 say Droid, you'd have to be pretty ******** to run to the store and buy a Droid.

My son has the Droid, my best friend an iPhone and I have a Storm2, so I vote for the Storm. But this is a subject you have to decide on your own and the best way to do it is to spend some time in the store playing with the phones and do some research here before you go. If you'll search for Storm vs Droid, as Brockmant suggested, you'll find a ton of threads, but in the end, it's going to come down to you playing with each and getting what you like. If it ends up being the Storm, come back with all your questions...just try to search for the answers first. Finding other peoples threads is a lot faster than waiting on people to answer yours anyway. If you don't find the answers, post a question.
    01-17-10 02:18 PM
    You looking for a mod stick beatdown Brock?!? If you are not going to be welcoming, then just don't say ANYTHING.
    You make me laugh!
    01-17-10 02:22 PM
    What are you looking for in a phone? That could make a huge difference in your choices.
    01-17-10 02:24 PM
    Your choice of carriers is critical sometimes too. Where I live ONLY Verizon gives me 3G reception. If you're in a city of any size, this probably isn't an issue, but in some locations it could be.

Bob
    01-17-10 03:55 PM
    Welcome to crackberry friend... You said you want wifi and a bigger screen sounds like you need a storm 2

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 04:10 PM
    Welcome to crackberry friend... You said you want wifi and a bigger screen sounds like you need a storm 2

Bigger screen and wifi and you suggest the Storm 2? Really?
    01-17-10 04:15 PM
    Bigger screen and wifi and you suggest the Storm 2? Really?
    Well the Storm 2 does have WiFi and does have a bigger screen than his current phone. Makes sense.
    01-17-10 04:20 PM
    Well the Storm 2 does have WiFi and does have a bigger screen than his current phone. Makes sense.
    Yes, but wasn't the Droid included in the choices?
    01-17-10 04:23 PM
    If he's old(er), no offense to old people (I don't know how old 'old' is), but I've found with my parents a familiar idea is better than a new idea as far as technology is concerned. Curve to Storm 2 is much more familiar than Curve to Droid.
    01-17-10 04:31 PM
    if you want a bb, i would wait. The storm 2 just isnt worth the hassle..
    01-17-10 04:42 PM
    1) iphone if ATT is good in your area and you don't need it for business
    2)droid if you are comfortable making the adjustment to Android OS and need a physical keyboard, no matter how bad it is. Again, not really business. I suggest that you also have a gmail account to cut down on hassle.
    3)s2 if you don't mind the adjustment to a clicky-screen, need a phone for business, and can wait two or three months for the native web browser to move faster than a snail.

If all else fails, get the tour2 when it comes out in a few weeks/months. It has a bigger screen than your curve, an excellent keyboard, and the trackpad- the best innovation by RIM this year according to Crackberry voters.
    01-17-10 04:54 PM
    www.androidcentral.com

Theone please go here.

01-17-10 04:57 PM
    I just switched from my Storm 2 on verizon to the new Nexus one on tmobile...no regrets! The service isn't as fast but even with EDGE it's faster than the storm 2 on 3G. Not to mention Tmobile is much cheaper.

01-17-10 04:58 PM
    I just switched from my Storm 2 on verizon to the new Nexus one on tmobile...no regrets! The service isn't as fast but even with EDGE it's faster than the storm 2 on 3G. Not to mention Tmobile is much cheaper.

it's most likely that the guy doesn't have t-mo in his area. not many places have such good success with it as you are achieving.

but yeah, that and the pre plus are on my watch list for there arrival to verizon :P
    01-17-10 05:01 PM
    A smart phone is a smart phone - it's based on what you will use it for. If you're a student in high school, you don't deserve a smart phone. If college, I'd suggest an iPhone if you can cope with ATT service. If you're in the working field like the many of us, most probably you'd want to get a BB as it works well with many corps. and many who don't use are switching to it.

I haven't read the first post - because i'm lazy - but the response is based off the title.

The Pre is a great phone with an increasing app # so that is another entertainment alternative.

One last thing I'd like to say though and had always wished that this won't be a problem but BIS has been going out quite a bit now and it's really getting on my nerve - although this is personal - you may want to take a look at that and if RIM decides not to do anything then I'm seriously considering moving to the Pre.
    01-17-10 05:12 PM
    if you want a bb, i would wait. The storm 2 just isnt worth the hassle..
    Totally disagree. The S2 is a fantastic phone and there is no hassle what so ever associated with it. It's the best phone I've ever owned.
    01-17-10 05:47 PM
    ok so.. here it goes..

I have the droid.. great phone.. easy o.s. but it requires heavy application babysitting as it will kill your phone's battery, but really fast internet..

iphone.. i'd rather u just get an ipod touch if u dont already have one like all of us already do..lol.. att service is shotty..

the storm2.. seems like they finally did the storm the right way.. and you have that great application.. we all love.. BBM!.. haha
    01-17-10 10:21 PM
    Totally disagree. The S2 is a fantastic phone and there is no hassle what so ever associated with it. It's the best phone I've ever owned.
    Ill agreee with that the storm is a great phone, I wouldn't put it as the best phone ever.

01-18-10 04:33 AM
    Ill agreee with that the storm is a great phone, I wouldn't put it as the best phone ever.

Must be having trouble with the eyesight this morning, if you look carefully at the end of his sentence he states "It's the best phone I'VE ever owned".

If your gonna quote, make sure you read carefully
    01-18-10 05:28 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD