Over the last few days, I have been receiving the following notice on my tour:

"you are attempting to open a secure connection, but the server's certificate is not trusted."

The weird thing is it happens when the phone is sitting ideal and not in use

When I view the certificate it looks like the phone is trying to contact google.com.

Anyone having a similar experience or know how to stop this?

Thanks.
    01-17-10 12:49 PM
    What apps do you have running on the device?
    01-17-10 12:58 PM
    What apps do you have running on the device?
    I wonder if it is google voice. I changed some settings the other day so that my phone shows my google voice number instead of my contacts during received calls.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 01:19 PM
    I too have a Tour with Google voice and have had the same messages over the last two days. I have not changed any settings however.
    01-17-10 01:22 PM
    I've been receiving this for the last couple of days. It only shows first thing in the morning. It's either because I turned on wireless sync of contacts (through my BIS login), or by changing my gmail setting online to always connect through https (secured connection).

In any event, Google's website has a slight solution. They suggest going to Options->Security Options->Certificates (you might have to go into Advanced Security Options if you have 5.0). You then have to find google's certificate in there, hit the BB key, then click on Trust. Apparently you need to manually trust the certificate this way, rather than when prompted (in the morning, for me).
    01-17-10 02:49 PM
    Does anyone that is having this problem use QuickLaunch memory cleaner?
    01-21-10 06:39 PM
    I've been receiving this for the last couple of days. It only shows first thing in the morning. It's either because I turned on wireless sync of contacts (through my BIS login), or by changing my gmail setting online to always connect through https (secured connection).

In any event, Google's website has a slight solution. They suggest going to Options->Security Options->Certificates (you might have to go into Advanced Security Options if you have 5.0). You then have to find google's certificate in there, hit the BB key, then click on Trust. Apparently you need to manually trust the certificate this way, rather than when prompted (in the morning, for me).
    I have the same issue, but idk what certificate is the google one. i dont see one that is listed as google.
    01-21-10 07:04 PM
    i just got the same message just now. for some reason when i click view certificates, i can see google in there..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 07:17 PM
    I have google voice, and gmail and Qlaunch with memory cleaner. I'm getting the message but no Google Certificate in the Options section.
    01-21-10 08:05 PM
    01-21-10 08:18 PM
    Thanks...10 chara
    01-21-10 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD