When the Storm2 came out, my friend got an email from Verizon offering her to upgrade from the Storm1 to the Storm2 at a discounted price. She was nowhere near her upgrade date. Do you guys think we might be so lucky when the infamous Tour 2 drops?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 11:41 AM
    I hope so. I would jump at it.

01-17-10 11:45 AM
    I definitely wouldn't jump for it. I'm not willing to pay at least $200 for generally minor upgrades.

I will just be waiting until the Tour 3 comes out in July.
    01-17-10 11:53 AM
    When is the Tour 2 suppose to drop?
    01-17-10 12:13 PM
    I definitely wouldn't jump for it. I'm not willing to pay at least $200 for generally minor upgrades.

I will just be waiting until the Tour 3 comes out in July.
    do you know something everyone else doesn't? what tour 3? i doubt the tour 3 would drop that early
    01-17-10 12:13 PM
    Oh, I hope so. That would be cool.
    01-17-10 12:19 PM
    It wont. The OP is speculating. The next major blackberry on big red will be the touchscreen/qwerty combo that is coming in November. Those upgrade offers usually move up your annual date. Its not really a completely bonus upgrade. So if you get a new phone now, you wont be able to get a new one this summer at a discount.
    01-17-10 12:19 PM
    even with an early upgrade.. paying 200 bucks for a trackpad and WIFI is crazy. Those arent breathtaking improvments over Tour 1
    01-17-10 12:36 PM
    i hope so but I'm def not going to pay another 200 bucks for such minor improvements.
    01-17-10 12:42 PM
    do you know something everyone else doesn't? what tour 3? i doubt the tour 3 would drop that early
    Ever heard of a little thing called sarcasm?
    01-17-10 12:43 PM
    Where did the $200 come from? Is that set in stone somewhere? Why don't we just wait And see?

01-17-10 12:43 PM
    Where did the $200 come from? Is that set in stone somewhere? Why don't we just wait And see?

The Tour was $200/2-year contract when released. Chances are the Tour 2 wouldn't be anywhere lower than that. Maybe I could see $175..
    01-17-10 12:45 PM
    I don't think there were as many complaints about the Tour1 as their were about the Storm1 (other than trackballs that were either replaced or swapped out). Most users with the Current Tour aren't disappointed with its main features, so it is less likely that there will be the same offer to upgrade to the Tour2.
    01-17-10 12:49 PM
    I will certainly be upgrading. True the improvements are minor, but I have a line thats due for an upgrade in April (Im not an early adopter anyway, too many kinks with new devices). My current Tour is unlocked and I can easily sell it on eBay/Craigslist for $200 effectively making the Tour 2 free.
    01-17-10 12:54 PM
    It wont. The OP is speculating. The next major blackberry on big red will be the touchscreen/qwerty combo that is coming in November. Those upgrade offers usually move up your annual date. Its not really a completely bonus upgrade. So if you get a new phone now, you wont be able to get a new one this summer at a discount.
    No the next major blackberry on Verizon will be the Storm3, which is not a combo. If there is a combo, it is likely to be a GSM device.
    01-17-10 12:59 PM
    The next major blackberry on big red will be the touchscreen/qwerty combo that is coming in November.
    Where did you hear this?
    01-17-10 01:01 PM
    Really what are the advantages of the Tour1 to the Tour2 aside from Wifi and a somewhat faster processor?
    01-17-10 01:13 PM
    Really what are the advantages of the Tour1 to the Tour2 aside from Wifi and a somewhat faster processor?
    the processor is the same in as Tour 1 in Tour 2.

only thing Tour 2 adds is Trackpad, WIFI, and 2gb onboard memory
    01-17-10 01:16 PM
    So then really unless you rely on Wifi in a lot of places there is no need to upgrade?
    01-17-10 01:21 PM

No one has proven that the processor is the same yet. We don't know yet. sal said it might be the same but short of taking the phone apart he can't tell. BGR said the phone was slightly faster. which could mean faster processor, or just 5.0 os
    01-17-10 01:32 PM
    So then really unless you rely on Wifi in a lot of places there is no need to upgrade?
    I think wifi is undervalued on a mobile device. With wifi on your BB you can send documents directly to your printer, use your Berry as a mouse on your computer, etc. At CES this year, T.V.'s were a huge product of interest. There were many new sets that were networked with wifi and ethernet connections. A networked tv with a wifi BB is something I've been looking forward to. With the right app your Berry could act as a remote to your television set, it could control your XBOX or anything else utilizing an internet connection (connected to your router/wifi). The possibilities are endless.

I live in a neighborhood where Verizons coverage is marginal at best. Here in the house we constantly have dropped calls. With a wifi enabled BB I could at least have a constant data connection, maybe a VOIP could be developed so I quit dropping calls.
    01-17-10 02:23 PM

You dont know that for sure, BGR has said the processor is upgraded. There is no proof either way, its all just pure speculation. One would hope that the processor is upgraded.
    01-17-10 02:25 PM
    You dont know that for sure, BGR has said the processor is upgraded. There is no proof either way, its all just pure speculation. One would hope that the processor is upgraded.
    BGR also said Tour 1 was a Touch screen before it was released. There full of crap 80% of the time. They might think its a faster processor, but thats just becuase Tour 2 is running 5.0
    01-17-10 02:31 PM
    BGR also said Tour 1 was a Touch screen before it was released. There full of crap 80% of the time. They might think its a faster processor, but thats just becuase Tour 2 is running 5.0
    Agreed, BGR is often incorrect. They tend to end many of their posts with question marks, they are always speculating instead of providing cold hard facts. My point is that no one knows exactly what processor it will have.

01-17-10 02:43 PM
    You mention the wifi and trackpad added, which depending on who you ask may be minor or major. You go ask someone who's gone through multiple phone because of bad trackballs and ask them if the trackpad is an upgrade.

Reliable sources have stated that the Tour2 will release with a "surprise". Bold processor? Speculate if you wish, or wait another 2-3 weeks and find out for yourself.
    Last edited by willyboy6; 01-17-10 at 04:41 PM.
    01-17-10 04:39 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD