I use to be able to use my suntrust mobile banking app on my storm 2 now that i'm using .428 it does not work anymore ? i have deleted it and redownloaded it several times and still cannot get it to work . anyone else seen this problem or know how to fix it ?
    01-16-10 11:47 AM
    Suntrust's app doesn't work with .428 it was for that reason that I downgraded back to .320.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 06:45 AM
    I use to be able to use my suntrust mobile banking app on my storm 2 now that i'm using .428 it does not work anymore ? i have deleted it and redownloaded it several times and still cannot get it to work . anyone else seen this problem or know how to fix it ?
    Unfortunately, according to what my banking IT people told me, the Mobile Banking app does not work with the new .419 or above yet. The said the vendor knows of the issue and is supposedly working to resolve. So, I dumped .419 and back to .328 so I could have it work.
    01-18-10 06:04 PM
    I don't use my phone to view private info like this. Wireless signal is so easy to intercept by anyone else, the only place I look at bank statements and other personal things of this nature is on a wired computer.

There was an article about a week ago about this. I know RIM has made things vastly more secure than Android, but the way people give their apps Trusted Application Status, the two platforms are more or less the same.

The story was, since Android is an open source OS, some punk decided to make a few mobile banking app clones and stole peoples' info. He was discovered when people started popping up with maxed out credit cards and empty bank accounts.

If they had just waited to get hone and check their accounts on a secure line, they would have never had this problem.
    01-18-10 10:36 PM
    let people do whatever they want
    01-18-10 11:47 PM
    I don't use my phone to view private info like this. Wireless signal is so easy to intercept by anyone else, the only place I look at bank statements and other personal things of this nature is on a wired computer.

There was an article about a week ago about this. I know RIM has made things vastly more secure than Android, but the way people give their apps Trusted Application Status, the two platforms are more or less the same.

The story was, since Android is an open source OS, some punk decided to make a few mobile banking app clones and stole peoples' info. He was discovered when people started popping up with maxed out credit cards and empty bank accounts.

If they had just waited to get hone and check their accounts on a secure line, they would have never had this problem.
    Someone can also steal your mail with your banking and credit card info in it. For this reason do you not recieve mail to your house and have a p.o. box instead?
    I think people should be smart and cautious with their important personal information, yes, but not be freakin paranoid to the fact. If somebody REALLY wanted to, they could get into your wired computer as well. I feel perfectly safe with my banking apps downloaded through the app world. If somehow something happened, its called insurance, and lawsuits lol. anyways....
    01-19-10 01:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD