after having few different phones and platforms i finally realized something.
    you cant get one that fits all phone.
    theres advantages and drawbacks to every phone.
    and then theres also the corporate thinking that will not let a company design a phone that DOES EVERYTHING..
    because in that case (like apple i-phone) it will be only phone selling and soon will be forgotten and company would have to design something more amazing to catch customer's attention.
    its much easier to feed us(consumers/sheep) with minimal changes every year, you can almost predict what is gonna come out next year...

so it comes down to what you want to use your phone for?
    taking pictures, multimedia, videos? sony ericsson/apple...
    communicating, email, sms,mms, blackberry other qwerty smartphones
    PDA replacement win-mo phones
    personal organiser,winmo, blackberry phones.
    never used android so i wont comment on that but from what i see its aimed more towards Iphone beating.in other words its made to be attractive to consumers, and profitable for developers, kinda like a carrot for donkey. so is the iphone platform.
    you buy an iphone its nice anc clean with few apps and then you get hooked on purchasing apps one after another without really using them.

and theres another category of people that is the ones that are sucked into MODDING their phone continuously and not really using it much.
    i got sucked into it for few months in the past with my sony ericsson phone.
    and just recent few weeks with my HTC touch pro 2

80% of the time i spent trying to figure out and tweak and adjust the endless settings, and workaround bugs and errors, installing/erasing apps because they didnt work right, flashing cooked roms, reflashing newer ones, and original ones, to see which one actually works without bugs...
    i almost stabbed that phone with the stylus after only 4 days of use, it crashed after 3 days and i hard reset it...

anyway most of people are caught up in that MODDING loop and dont realize it untill they re out of it and look back and analyze.

with blackberry i spent about 30% of time maintaining the phone and tweaking it because it JUST WORKS. once you have something to compare it to you will see that it is GREAT at things that its designed to do.
    Last edited by raverx3m; 01-15-10 at 11:29 PM.
    01-15-10 11:26 PM
    well I normally use the phone for it's original purpose about 80% of the time. rest is spend in installing/removing apps, modifying themes/WPS etc.
    01-16-10 01:18 AM
    My usage for original purposes reaches toward 90% or more. Adding an occasional app or a new theme is a small contribution.

The one best attribute of BB is its high functionality right from the box. Tweaking is fun but not necessary.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-10 05:37 AM
    I spend way too much time using my phone as it can handle all my basic needs (*ahem* computer needs).. I agree with sedalia066, it works just right, out the box, and is ready for constant use & abuse.
    01-16-10 11:04 AM
    I use my BB for everything I need it for. It has replaced many of my other electronic devices. So I use it more than I have used smartphones in the past. Also, I am always learning new ways to incorporate it in other aspects of my daily activities. It sounds bad, but it is really a good thing. I'm lucky to have a BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-10 06:07 AM
    I use mine for SmS text messages I receive more then I send normally from a wild variety of places such as breaking news to sports, to entertainment messages as well as a few social sms messages .I use BBM more then I use to as well and the phone web comes in handy but dont use that as often as i use to ,I use to have alot of apps but recently removed all but a few.

Oh and sometimes I use my phone to talk on as well
    01-18-10 08:03 AM
    I use my phone mostly to keep in touch via email, texting, and BBM. I also use it to watch videos and You Tube videos. I love adding wallpapers and new themes, as well as trying different applications.
    01-18-10 11:12 AM
    I've had my BlackBerry for 8 months now. In that time, I've probably changed themes about 12 times. I've upgraded the OS 6 times.

I've tried about 25 apps and got rid of many of them, since I did not like them. I've decided which ones I like and use, and I have no plans to add any new ones now, unless something really catches me eye.

I really have no interest in modding the housing, trackball, or any of that stuff. I think my Berry looks fine as it came out of the box.

Yes, I use it a lot: mostly e-mail, BBM, Web browsing, streaming radio, SMS/MMS. I really don't talk a lot and only use around 150 minutes/month total.
    Last edited by lak611; 01-18-10 at 11:46 AM.
    01-18-10 11:43 AM
    As a pilot who travels I use it for everything. I use Poynt and google maps for finding businesses and places to eat. I use Opera mini to surf the web. I have multiple weather apps. I also do sMs, facebook, twitter, email, read the Bible, pay my bills. I broke my Zune so now it's my MP3 player too. The good thing about the 8530 is the media battens at the top make listening to music a better experience then on my old 8330.

I think I youse just about every functionality that this phone has.
    01-18-10 12:53 PM
    once my blackberry is set up its setup I need not mess with it anymore and I love it the way it is
    01-18-10 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD