I've done lots of searching (on here and otherwise) and haven't found a definitive answer to this...

Currently a 9700 user on TMo. Love my 9700, but am starting to get an itch for a touch screen again (former unlocked iPhone user)... I would miss 3G, but I DO spend a significant amount of time on Wifi anyway...

Has anyone been into the eScreens on the S2 to see if the UMA options exist? And, those of you using an unlocked S2 on TMo, do any of you have UMA working?

Sorry if this has been answered, but I've done all the digging I can do and haven't found the answer, so I'm asking. If theres someone out there with an unlocked S2 on TMo that wants to give this a try, I'd be willing to help out however I can.
    01-15-10 10:55 PM
    From what I remember seeing from other people on this subject even if the bands were supported with the hardware and you could enable it every time you restarted the phone you would have to do it again.

Not really sure, maybe someone else with more personal experience can chime in
    01-15-10 10:59 PM
    Mmm, I guess that makes sense... Because any eScreen changes reset themselves after the 30 day period, or whatever you choose when you generate the code, yes?
    01-15-10 11:01 PM
    To my knowledge, UMA will not work on a storm.
    01-15-10 11:43 PM
    What is that escreen method? If the UMA does work, man would that be awesome....

To the OP, I'm also from onyx to the storm 2 and am loving it!!!!
    I say go for it.
    The 3G thing is extremely over rated.
    But UMA, yes, I do miss it. I work in a lead box with wifi, so UMA is greatly used.

But if there is a way, no matter how hard, I'd go for it. What's so hard with do some settings every 30 days.

Those who know a way to do this, please elaborate. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-10 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD