whats the best case for storm 2? ive only seen the otterbox defender.. too bulky
    01-15-10 10:10 PM
    Yes, it's bulky, but if you've ever dropped your phone, it's worth having.
    01-15-10 10:15 PM
    i used the otterbox commuter... dono if its the best case but i assume its less bulky than the defender
    01-15-10 10:16 PM
    cool... il try to get that one ....
    01-15-10 10:53 PM
    Try the Case Mate Barely There. It is very nice and not nearly as bulky as the Otterbox. I have a few of them and love it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-10 11:15 PM
    whats the best case for storm 2? ive only seen the otterbox defender.. too bulky
    I had the Storm1 with the Defender and it was awesome never had a problem. Now I have the S2 with the Defender and I am a maintenance super at a 110 unit appt. complex so I'm very active and every time I bend down or when I'm snow shoveling it pops out of the clip, I mean all the time. Then the clip actually broke where it snaps in on the sides. They are refunding my money. OtterBox has awesome customer service. I just can't see anyone who is active being able to use this one. I'm really bummed too because it is very protective.
    01-15-10 11:25 PM
    its not out yet IMO....i have tried a couple and found nothing satisfying yet. **** i go a $7 hard case from amazon right now.

I really wish siedio would release the innocase 360 like they had for the storm 1. I love that thing. Not bulky and built in screen protector. cross my fingers something comes along.
    01-15-10 11:36 PM
    I use a psycho-kinetic force field to protect mine.
    01-15-10 11:46 PM
    Epik resin for me!

01-16-10 12:00 AM
    i got the commuter. really doesnt add much weight and size for bein a hybrid
    01-16-10 12:03 AM
    ********** D I S C L A I M E R *********************************

the following is of my own personal opinion's and experiances. I use the Verizon Wireless Shell/Holster Combo ($29.99) barcode 38516 33556. The shell is a matte black item has served me well and does not add bulk to the phone.
    the holster the phone/shell slides DONE into I have not yet had it afll out, and have been using them since May/Mar 2009 and it still looks great.
    01-16-10 12:41 AM
    I use the body glove. its not bulky at all and does the trick. the body glove has saved many of phone for me in the last three years. I would strongly recommend grabbing a body glove.
    01-16-10 12:45 AM
    I have the OtterBox Impact case. Might upgrade to the Commuter, but so far I like the Impact especially for the ability to quickly remove the skin in case a battery pull is needed. I don't have major issues with it, but I will post a more thorough review later (want to make a proper review, not just a first impressions therefore I need to to use it for a couple of days to get a feeling for it).
    01-16-10 06:48 AM
    ********** D I S C L A I M E R *********************************

the following is of my own personal opinion's and experiances. I use the Verizon Wireless Shell/Holster Combo ($29.99) barcode 38516 33556. The shell is a matte black item has served me well and does not add bulk to the phone.
    the holster the phone/shell slides DONE into I have not yet had it afll out, and have been using them since May/Mar 2009 and it still looks great.
    Is that the one that is rubberized and ribbed on the back? (I'm not trying to be funny but that's the best way I can describe it). That's the one I use although I don't use the holster that came with it. Slides in and out of the pocket better than a silicone case and is very easy to grip.
    01-16-10 07:14 AM
    Epik resin for me!
    Yup, I use the same case (in addition to the force field). It suits my needs perfectly.
    01-16-10 08:15 AM
    I have just gotten the Seidio Innocase II and love it.
    For me it is the right combination of protection and size. It slides in and out of my pocket easily. i recently dropped it on the concrete floor of my garage, face down and it survived without a scratch. the only negative is the price....$29 bucks seems way over priced.
    01-16-10 08:21 AM
    I had the Storm1 with the Defender and it was awesome never had a problem. Now I have the S2 with the Defender and I am a maintenance super at a 110 unit appt. complex so I'm very active and every time I bend down or when I'm snow shoveling it pops out of the clip, I mean all the time. Then the clip actually broke where it snaps in on the sides. They are refunding my money. OtterBox has awesome customer service. I just can't see anyone who is active being able to use this one. I'm really bummed too because it is very protective.
    Don't be surprised to see the defender for the storm2 getting redesigned, I talked with a customer service rep yesterday about this and they said that engineering is working on it. I am on my 4th case because of this issue. While they are prompt about sending me out another case each time, it get a little time consuming if I have to pick it up from the post office. I think that I am going to pick up another ivolution top case like the one that I had for my storm1 from Vaja - Leather Products. It was a very protective case that was what I would consider stylish that can go with just about any outfit that you are wearing.
    01-16-10 08:35 AM
    I've been looking at getting a case as well. One thing I noticed on Amazon reviews was that someone posted the defender or commuter, I can't remember, messes with the grounding for the capacitive screen. I didn't think the grounding went through you but the other side of the battery. Anyone using these cases have any issues with screen/BB screen buttons?

Anyone dropped the phone with just an impact case on it?
    01-16-10 08:44 AM
    I use the ribbed rubberized cover and shell. Heres the Link
    01-16-10 09:55 AM
    My vote goes to the epic case
    01-16-10 10:18 AM
    Has anyone tried the platinum case and holster from Best Buy? I was about to get it the other day but I figured I would wait until I talked to someone who already purchased it.

01-16-10 11:05 AM
    Not yet and will not do on purpose, but would love to know this too

edit: dropped my Storm2 from about 3 feet on concrete. It seemed to happen in slow motion and was horrible to watch, the phone dropped with the screen up, but when it hit the floor it flipped over and landed on the screen side. Picked it up and no scratches, everything works perfect.
    Last edited by shinkodachi; 01-16-10 at 11:21 AM.
    01-16-10 11:18 AM
    Epik resin for me!

Epik cases get my vote too. You can buy em from JustinD2473 at www.Degasis.net - Authorized Resller of Epik Cases
    01-16-10 11:26 AM
    +1 for the otter box commuter case. As long as you have an app to reset you BB, this case is fantastic. It has plugs for both the usb and headphone jack and comes with a screen protector. Only $20 on ebay

01-16-10 11:36 AM
    I've been looking at getting a case as well. One thing I noticed on Amazon reviews was that someone posted the defender or commuter, I can't remember, messes with the grounding for the capacitive screen. I didn't think the grounding went through you but the other side of the battery. Anyone using these cases have any issues with screen/BB screen buttons?

Mine has actually been working better with my commuter case on. Are you referring to the thread about the guy who cut the hole in his case and put a coin in it? Because I believe that screen and button issue was the one resolved with later os's.

01-16-10 11:42 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD