I am new to Crackberry as far as posting goes but, have been following the 9650 since it was rumored shortly after 9630 was released. I don't currently have a blackberry but almost jumped on the 9630 in July glad I didn't. I know everyone is talking about Verizon release of Feb. 3.... Anyone know when sprint will release it? I only care when SPRINT is getting it. I have been following cb since november but never took the plunge... any info would be nice.
    01-15-10 08:04 PM
    Ya I've been waiting for this phone also. I think it will be worth the wait.
    01-15-10 08:42 PM
    Where did Feb. 3 come from for VZW?
    01-15-10 08:43 PM
    i just wonder how much longer i am going to have to wait... and it seems like everyone in the other forums is with big red and sprint is forgotten....
    01-15-10 08:44 PM
    one of the other forums about the essex aka tour2 9650 release date stated that feb 3 give or take a day is hitting big red.
    01-15-10 08:46 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/es...ficial-400917/

This thread was hot last week, this guy had some good info on both Spt/Ver
    01-15-10 09:36 PM
    thanks... i have been following that thread since saucex announced what he knew about the vzw 9650. i was just hoping we would get someone to comment on the sprint release since rim values vzw more than sprint and releases with them first... tired of waiting....
    01-15-10 09:47 PM
    You think RIM likes Verizon better and why? I do know they are a larger company and have more phones to offer I don't know how phones are released with whom and when, but I don't think RIM is biased on the carriers they deal with.
    01-16-10 01:33 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/es...ficial-400917/

This thread was hot last week, this guy had some good info on both Spt/Ver
    if hes legit. hes yet to come through on even half of his promises. he just sounds official at this point. hasnt proven jack
    01-16-10 02:28 AM
    You think RIM likes Verizon better and why? I do know they are a larger company and have more phones to offer I don't know how phones are released with whom and when, but I don't think RIM is biased on the carriers they deal with.
    I will try to find an article I read couple of months ago about RIM and which carrier was moving the most phones. Verizon was like triple the number of phones Sprint was selling.
    So yes, I guess it would be understandable if RIM played favorites.

On a related subject, news has come out that Verizon may block App World, and Verizon users would go to V-Cast for their apps. Verizon users are reportedly over 75% of RIMS App World business.
    01-17-10 01:07 PM
    I would definitely think RIM plays favorites as far as carriers. VZW is more popular hence they sell more units. Not to mention they offer more Blackberry models than any other carrier, most exclusive.

But if what terryb99 says is true, that favoritism is going to go by the wayside.

I'm with you OP. I want to know what's up with Sprint getting this phone as well. It's freaking me out that some fellow Sprint subscribers are citing 1-2 months for a release after VZW which I don't believe can be accurate given the history of VZW/Sprint exclusive phone releases. Then again, I haven't been paying much attention to current trends until recently and Sprint has dropped the ball lately. :/ I suppose we'll know soon enough. Just keep an eye on VZW and Sprint news should come through as well.
    01-17-10 04:47 PM
    Sprint and Verizon will get the Essex at roughly the same time. Just like the Tour 1.
    01-17-10 09:21 PM
    hi guys, a friend of mine that is a sprint employee and wants the tour 2 scans the company computer everyday looking for the tour 2 to appear, well tonight out of the blue he calls me and says it just appeared, also said release would be around that feb 3 date. if anyone of you have a friend that works for sprint can you see if he can check the system and confirm that the phone has appeared please.
    01-17-10 09:42 PM
    Sprint and Verizon will get the Essex at roughly the same time. Just like the Tour 1.
    and the curve 2.
    01-18-10 06:52 AM
    \ but I don't think RIM is biased on the carriers they deal with.
    oh yeah they are! Very Biased RIM is with other carriers! Verizon sells a ton more phones then any other company.
    01-18-10 09:01 AM
    I will try to find an article I read couple of months ago about RIM and which carrier was moving the most phones. Verizon was like triple the number of phones Sprint was selling.
    So yes, I guess it would be understandable if RIM played favorites.

On a related subject, news has come out that Verizon may block App World, and Verizon users would go to V-Cast for their apps. Verizon users are reportedly over 75% of RIMS App World business.
    It's not like they are losing money selling to Sprint. Also, they already play favorites by giving Big Red the Storm. I mean, it would be silly to give them the top two CMDA BlackBerries exclusively...right?
    01-18-10 11:09 AM
    I don't see why they wouldn't come out close to each other just like tour and curve 2. The fact that waiting 2 months after verizon is insane. No way they would do that. I'm gonna stop by sprint and talk to some people see what i can get.
    01-18-10 11:59 AM
    I don't see why they wouldn't come out close to each other just like tour and curve 2. The fact that waiting 2 months after verizon is insane. No way they would do that. I'm gonna stop by sprint and talk to some people see what i can get.
    I'm sorry - what make you think the Sprint version will come out 2 months after VZW? Not arguing with you.. just curious where you heard it.
    01-18-10 02:26 PM
    I am currently with Sprint and I have the M300 phone. I am really wanting to upgrade to the Tour 2 and I called Sprint Store and they said they have no information about the Tour 2. I have heard a lot about the February 3 date for the release on Verizon but I haven't really heard any thing about Sprint. They said it might be released there after February 3. I hope they get released the same date because I am really ready for this Tour 2. I think it is going to be a great phone. I think the Tour 2 is going to be a good first phone for me because of the trackpad that Blackberry is now going to put in Blackberry's.
    01-18-10 05:31 PM
    I am currently with Sprint and I have the M300 phone. I am really wanting to upgrade to the Tour 2 and I called Sprint Store and they said they have no information about the Tour 2. I have heard a lot about the February 3 date for the release on Verizon but I haven't really heard any thing about Sprint. They said it might be released there after February 3. I hope they get released the same date because I am really ready for this Tour 2. I think it is going to be a great phone. I think the Tour 2 is going to be a good first phone for me because of the trackpad that Blackberry is now going to put in Blackberry's.
    I'm with you dude, I can't wait & I hope that it comes out soon because my GF needs a new phone & I have an upgrade available on feb1.
    BTW I spoke with a Sprint rep (I know they don't give the right info or the don't know $hit) & I asked about the Tour 2 & she said that she saw it in the system but not in her calendar for the release date.
    01-18-10 05:55 PM
    I'm with you dude, I can't wait & I hope that it comes out soon because my GF needs a new phone & I have an upgrade available on feb1.
    BTW I spoke with a Sprint rep (I know they don't give the right info or the don't know $hit) & I asked about the Tour 2 & she said that she saw it in the system but not in her calendar for the release date.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah. I got my 2 year upgrade price on January 1 but since I have been hearing alot about this phone. I am waiting until Feb 3 because I think it is going to be released Feb 3 because Verizon is getting theres released that day. That is what people are saying and I kinda do believe it because they are already selling the keyboard accessory for the Blackberry Tour 2 9650. So we will wait and see. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! I hope Sprint releases it on Feb 3. Good Luck!!!!
    01-18-10 06:14 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah. I got my 2 year upgrade price on January 1 but since I have been hearing alot about this phone. I am waiting until Feb 3 because I think it is going to be released Feb 3 because Verizon is getting theres released that day. That is what people are saying and I kinda do believe it because they are already selling the keyboard accessory for the Blackberry Tour 2 9650. So we will wait and see. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! I hope Sprint releases it on Feb 3. Good Luck!!!!
    I have no idea what this is and searched and didn't find anything. Can you show me what you are talking about?
    01-18-10 08:00 PM
    I have no idea what this is and searched and didn't find anything. Can you show me what you are talking about?
    OEM Keyboard keypad for RIM BlackBerry Tour 9650*::*BlackBerry Tour 2 9650 (RIM Essex)*::*Blackberry*::*Housing/Faceplate*::*Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories & PDA Accessories wholesale Co.

There is the Website above. Sorry about my wording. I was meaning the Keyboard Keypad for the Tour 2 9650. That takes you directly there. Good Luck!!!!
    01-18-10 09:02 PM
    i can't imagine sprint will be very far behind, if at all, on the tour 2. if we know they're getting the phone, then verizon has no exclusivity on the phone. and typically with rim they either go all or nothing with exclusivity, which is to say if verizon isn't the only carrier in the US who will have it then rim isn't likely to impose a lead-in time on other carriers.
    01-18-10 10:00 PM
    I saw somewhere on the "SauceX" thread that someone predicted that the 9650 will be released for Sprint over the following weekend after the VZW release. For all you Sprint users I hope they are correct.
    01-18-10 10:29 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD