Has anyone been able to get TeleNav (not SprintNav or GPS Nav, but the actual TeleNav program directly from ota.telenav.com) to work properly on OS 5.0? It seems to be giving me the same "Device GPS is disabled" that SprintNav used to give before it was updated. Is there any way around this other than using the inconvenient "Google Maps GPS lock-on then switch quickly" method? I really prefer TeleNav 5.5 to SprintNav. It just has more features like "toggle 2D/3D" when viewing a normal map.
    01-15-10 01:45 PM
    I would like to know this too... i loved telenav... I'll make due with sprintnav but its just not the same... just personal preference i guess...
    01-15-10 01:55 PM
    Waaahhh, I just tried my Telenav since I recently upgraded to OS5, and it doesn't work. I keep getting a message that my GPS is turned off, and it's not.
    01-15-10 03:12 PM
    This isn't a perfect fix, but if you open Google Maps first and get a GPS lock, Telenav will then open without the GPS error.
    01-15-10 03:31 PM
    This isn't a perfect fix, but if you open Google Maps first and get a GPS lock, Telenav will then open without the GPS error.
    Yes, but as you can see in my original post, I'm looking for a way around this annoying trick.
    01-15-10 04:50 PM
    Can anyone offer some more insight?
    01-17-10 10:11 AM
    @Blies I had this problem with my Sprint Navigator [it would constantly say the GPS was off when everything was enabled...not sure if 2.1 is just not compatible with 5.0 or what?]. A Sprint tech sent me an OTA link, and I uninstalled Navigator and reinstalled it with version 2.8, and that fixed the problem. Hope this helps!
    01-27-10 02:09 PM
    whats the link the tech sent u
    02-04-10 08:04 AM
    If you have sprint, go to bookmarks, wireless web, download applications, gps applications, Sprint Navigation. THis will give you the most up to date version that works with sprint and 5.0.
    02-04-10 10:24 AM
    If you have sprint, go to bookmarks, wireless web, download applications, gps applications, Sprint Navigation. THis will give you the most up to date version that works with sprint and 5.0.

the tour is not listed on this trail, which version did u download?
    02-12-10 09:52 PM
    @Blies I had this problem with my Sprint Navigator [it would constantly say the GPS was off when everything was enabled...not sure if 2.1 is just not compatible with 5.0 or what?]. A Sprint tech sent me an OTA link, and I uninstalled Navigator and reinstalled it with version 2.8, and that fixed the problem. Hope this helps!
    The OP want to use the non-branded version of Telenav, not the Sprint version.

@OP
    The only way to get around this problem would be to downgrade your OS, or possibly swap the problem OS files with older files (hybridize), if you have that kind of skill, which I don't
    02-12-10 10:27 PM
    Tele nav now works with 5.0.0.484 I got it up and running now. I just wish I can get rid of the sprint nav icon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-10 07:18 AM
    Tele nav now works with 5.0.0.484 I got it up and running now. I just wish I can get rid of the sprint nav icon.

Me too - but I just have a hidden folder called crap that I put all carrier pushed icons in.

02-13-10 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD