I just got a new 8900 and I wanted to give it away as a gift but the screen stopped working so I sent it back and got it a refurbished phone back. Is there any way I could remove the refurbished detail from under settings/about it tells the user that the phone was refurbished on a certain date. thanks any help would be appreciated.
    01-14-10 09:58 PM
    Why does it matter? Does it actually say refurbished?? Where at?
    01-14-10 09:59 PM
    no theres not. im pretty sure that detail is written into the phones ROM upon its refurbishing. there is no way for you to remove it. besides, refurbished devices are usually held to a higher quality control than new devices.
    01-14-10 10:01 PM
    Why does it matter? Does it actually say refurbished?? Where at?
    i think it will say it in the help screen, along with Vendor ID info etc.
    01-14-10 10:02 PM
    Better to get a refurb than a broken OEM device, I would think.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 10:15 PM
    if its a gift that someone is getting for free, it would be rude of them to even complain about it being refurbished to begin with.
    01-14-10 10:30 PM
    Lol yea hopefully the person doesn't even realize I just imagined that if there's a way to put the detail into the phone there would be a way to get it out like deleting a line from a file in the os when u want to unlock vendor themes I'll give it a shot and keep everyone posted...thanks anyways
    01-15-10 04:40 PM
    WoW saad thanks your giving me a refurb phone I won't complain. When can I come pick it up. Btw saad is my cuz

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-10 10:19 PM
    so i upgraded to the latest os available (5.0.0.411) and it got rid of that little refurbished deatil for me. i don't know if it had to do with deleting the vendor.xml file or editing the blackberry.alx file to remove the vendor id's or just upgrading the os itself but after a long day i got rid of that stupid refurb detail. hope this helps for ppl in the future
    01-16-10 02:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD