when i take my tour in because of the trackball tomorrow? I was able to put up with it for awhile and now i just cant take it. Its so bad that when i roll my thumb over it, most of the time it doesn't even move. I have to apply certain amounts of unnecessary pressure to the ball to get it to move. Even then its still laggy, jumpy, and unresponsive on screen. So when i got in tomorrow will they be cool about it? I doubt I'm the first of my area.

whats other peoples experience with taking it to your local store ?
    01-14-10 06:18 PM
    Just went thru exact same thing 2 wks. ago. I had my phone since day 1 and it just started to have trackball issues(moving side to side). Since I had the phone less than a year it was still under warranty. They sent me out a refurb in 2 days. Very easy and simple process.
    01-14-10 06:22 PM
    Did you call CS or go into the store?
    01-14-10 06:25 PM
    I went in a few months ago and all they did was hand me a flyer with a BB support phone number on it. I called the number and they sent me a replacement Tour within a few days. I don't have the number readily available, but I bet all you need to do is call the Verizon store and they'll give it to you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 06:34 PM
    I went to the store and they put in an order to have a refurbished unit shipped to my house. Haven't had a problem since then.
    01-14-10 06:40 PM
    dang. I was hoping they'd replace it in the store. Guess ill just call tomorrow before hand
    01-14-10 06:48 PM
    I had the same problem a while back and went to the Verizon store. The guy I bought the tour from took my old one and just handed me a new updated version of the tour. No problems ever since
    01-14-10 07:03 PM
    I think it depends on whre you are. I'm heading there tomorrow as well. I tried just contacting them using their customer service becuase the last time I went to the store they mailed me a new one. This time they told me that the service people in the store have been trained on trackball replacement and that I have to go there.
    01-14-10 07:14 PM
    dang. I was hoping they'd replace it in the store. Guess ill just call tomorrow before hand
    Depends. My store didn't have any in-stock or else they would have.
    01-14-10 07:19 PM
    Most stores do not carry replacement devices.
    01-14-10 07:22 PM
    Annoying. I think mines giving way. I love the track ball, but the tour's has been sketchy at best. Used my friends tour yesterday to check the news and was amazed. I just got used to my crap ball. His was incredible and soo smooth! VZW might have to have mine back too. Don't want a refurb though!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 07:24 PM
    ya bums me out i bought it on release day new and will have to get a refurb. My friend has been through like 4 palm pres and they've handed him one in the store twice. The lady who takes care of us is on a pretty good first name basis with us as well so hopefully she can help a brother out
    01-14-10 07:33 PM
    I went to my Verizon store on 12/23 to see if they could take the trackball out to clean it. But she said they don't take them out of the Tour. They didn't have any refurbs in stock for replacements, and she said they couldn't give me a new one as a replacement. She ordered a replacement without ever even looking at my phone. Because of the holiday, I didn't receive mine until 12/29. And the replacement was NEW, not a refurb. I've not have any problems at all with this phone, except for the Facebook app acting stupid today.

Edit: I would have received my replacement on Monday 12/28 instead of Tuesday 12/29, but I had things to do so I ended up getting home 5 minutes after the FedEx guy tagged my door. And he wouldn't come back, so I got it the next day instead.
    01-14-10 07:34 PM
    WOW! So after being told by customer service that I had to go to the store I go to the store this morning and they tell me I have to call customer service!!! Even though the girl standing next to me had the SAME problem and was giving them her address for them to overnight her replacement! I ended up having to tell this chick that I wasn't leaving until she arrange to ship my replacement.
    01-15-10 11:10 AM
    I had the Storm 9530 since 12/08 when it was first released and never had any problems other than massive lag almost all the time. I called verizon and told them I was having trouble just 1 week before my warranty ended. they sent me a refurbished 9530. I called to tell them there was a problem with it (not powering up) they said they would send me another. I told them NO WAY! I want a new phone and gave them the whole schpeal about being a loyal verizon customer for so many years. They sent me a BRAND NEW PHONE of my choice. I got the TOUR. I must have gotten the newer version of the TOUR because It has the better trackball. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY TOUR! a million times better than the STORM. The best part was that I didnt have to renew my contract or even pay anything to get the new phone.
    01-15-10 02:59 PM
    I have a second hand tour. will verizon replace it for the trackball? its less than a year old.

THX
    03-05-10 05:20 PM
    They should, or find a place in town that will replace it for you. I had a Verizon rep tell me there was a guy around here that would replace the trackball for $20.
    03-05-10 06:41 PM
    I had the Storm 9530 since 12/08 when it was first released and never had any problems other than massive lag almost all the time. I called verizon and told them I was having trouble just 1 week before my warranty ended. they sent me a refurbished 9530. I called to tell them there was a problem with it (not powering up) they said they would send me another. I told them NO WAY! I want a new phone and gave them the whole schpeal about being a loyal verizon customer for so many years. They sent me a BRAND NEW PHONE of my choice. I got the TOUR. I must have gotten the newer version of the TOUR because It has the better trackball. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY TOUR! a million times better than the STORM. The best part was that I didnt have to renew my contract or even pay anything to get the new phone.
    I'd like the first and last name of whomever you talked to! I had a very similar situation happen with my storm. I told them about being a loyal customer, my career which the phone is important for, and all they asked was so where would you like your next Storm shipped? All I can say is you're lucky!
    03-05-10 06:58 PM
    Don't get it replaced. Just call CS and tell them your trackball is honest to god messing up and you aren't pulling their leg and you just want a warranty claim through the mail or go into the store and see if they will do it. Make sure they have one in stock.
    03-06-10 02:16 AM
    thanks for the info everyone. I would love to find someone local who repairs them.
    03-06-10 10:15 AM
    I was able to due to a similar issue. You may want to call support to verify you are within the proper time frame from purchase. Also, do you have a service contract?
    03-06-10 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD