my tour [running 4.7.1.61 AND the previous software] are sometimes VERY slow to react coming out of the key locked state.

ill pull it out of my pocket press the button on the top left, and could easily wait 20-30 seconds for the menu to come up.

other times its not THAT long, but longer than i like, and sometimes its very fast, exactly what i would expect.

is this a known bug? is it something i did [im still fairly new to my BB]

love this phone in every other aspect.
    01-14-10 04:43 PM
    Sometimes it can be dependent on your theme or 3rd party apps. If you are running berry weather on your device, this is a known issue for which the only remedy is to turn berry weather off.
    01-14-10 05:19 PM
    Berry Weather slowed my BB a lot with 4.7.

Of course 5.0 is another story and so far(fingers crossed) everything is running fine.
    01-14-10 05:23 PM
    ok, so its berry weather...

guess ill just deal with it cause berry weather is so awesome.
    01-14-10 06:23 PM
    mine is a little bit slower and I do not have berry weather. Its not 20-30 seconds though..maybe on a couple seconds
    01-14-10 10:53 PM
    I have BB Weather and it's pretty good... My major problem with the Tour compared to the Curve is how long it takes to boot after a batter pull or a reset... Up to 10 minutes??? Why???
    01-14-10 11:02 PM
    I have BB Weather and it's pretty good... My major problem with the Tour compared to the Curve is how long it takes to boot after a batter pull or a reset... Up to 10 minutes??? Why???
    I never could figure out what made my reboot time go from about 3-4 minutes to over 10 on my Tour. It got much better when I upgraded to OS 5 but that is a beta which some folks don't want to mess with.
    01-15-10 12:31 AM
    My lock used to be *extremely* slow. It was especially slow with the Focus theme running (20-30 seconds), but still quite slow without any 3rd party theme.

I upgraded to 5.0.0.419, and it is a complete 180: *lightening* fast. I sit around locking and unlocking it, just to see it go so fast.
    01-15-10 12:32 PM
    lol not kidding the other day I battery pulled and got in the shower, forgot all about my tour get out walk back in my room and all of a sudden hear the startup noise when it hits the Verizon screen...at least 10 mins if not more I was shocked
    01-15-10 12:52 PM
    lol not kidding the other day I battery pulled and got in the shower, forgot all about my tour get out walk back in my room and all of a sudden hear the startup noise when it hits the Verizon screen...at least 10 mins if not more I was shocked

I guess I am the minority as my resets usually takes under a minute?
    01-15-10 12:54 PM

under a minute?? wow. i have no idea what that is like, mine goes easily 10 min +
    01-15-10 01:20 PM
    yes i would say count your blessings, i'm almost as shocked to hear that as I was to see how long mine took
    01-18-10 02:55 PM
    Upgrade to 5.0. It will be the solution to all of your issues relating to speed and efficiency.
    01-18-10 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD