I just noticed that when i add a contact my BB does not automaticly add it onto the SIM card. I've tried to find an option that would allow my BB to do this, but I haven't had any luck. Does anyone know how to solve this problem. It just seems that this is somthing that should be pretty simple, or even automaticly done, but I can't figure it out.... help please!
    01-14-10 03:19 PM
    No, you have to do it one at a time. It is actually much easier to just back it up on your PC once a week. Than way you won't have any problems in case you have to get a new SIM. Also, the SIM won't store numbers as well as the address book because you will have a SIM entry for each phone number. So if you have one contact with home, work, and cell numbers it will have to be saved as three separate SIM phone entries. Not the most convienent way to do it
    01-14-10 03:23 PM
    PS- Im using a Curve 8900 from T-mobile on OS 5.411
    01-14-10 03:24 PM
    Awesome, thanks for the Info. buddy. I saw the backup to computer option and thought that would be the best way to go about it. But just to make sure im clear on this; if I update it weekly and for some reason I have to get a new SIM card, all of my contacts can be transfered onto it from the t-mobile site?
    01-14-10 03:28 PM
    Yes. It transfers to the phones address book, not to the SIM, the mobile backup option with tmobile is great. Works in the backround, you don't even know when it is working. Between that and Desktop Manager backups or upgrades you will never lose a number
    01-14-10 03:31 PM
    I can also see how this would be convienient because I absolutly hate having to edit all of my contacts after loading them from a SIM card. Usually it puts the last name first and even cuts off some of the longer entries. The mobile backup does seem like a much better alternative.
    01-14-10 03:33 PM
    Additionally in case I did not make it clear, mobile backup is a real time live backup of contacts you can access and edit even through tmobile.com if necessary. It also will help you resolve duplicate contacts. If you delete a contact from the tmobile webiste and then look at your phone it will be gone faster than you can open your contacts
    01-14-10 03:35 PM
    Is there an option to have it automaticly backup at a desired time or at certain intervals, or is it just a manual thing?
    01-14-10 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD