Oppps I just posted in a different forum by mistake.
    I have been just updated to the 8520 (from the 8320) - it looks really cool but the lack of flash and GPS makes me think it's more of a downgrade. Maybe i fit was my first blackberry I would have loved it.
    Right now I have both of them in my hands but I have to return one - my friends feel like it 's silly to return the cool newer model but I really feel like the 8320 is still better .... am I crazy?
    I read the reviews on this forum and there are so many different opinions about it.
    My 8320 is brand new too so it's not really like staying with an "old phone" - they had sent me a new 8320 before sending me a new 8520 .........
    Is it silly to keep the "older" version? My husband has the 8320 as well and we usually use the same charger (also when we travel etc) - the 8520 has a different charger (why did they have to change it?!?!) -- anyway - I really like the 8520 look although I used it for 5 minutes and it was all full of fingerprints hard to remove (no, I didn't use it with greasy hands!) - and I hate fingerprint stains! But that's not the real issue - what bother me the most is the lack of a flash in the camera - I use the camera, not a lot, but I want to be able to take pics at night or in the dark too.

What should I do?? go against everybody and keep the old one?
    What am I gonna tell Tmobile?? LOL -- no thanks for the free upgrade but I'll keep my old one?
    01-14-10 09:01 AM
    You should go w/ what you feel, not what everyone else says. Try using the 8520 just a bit more and see, you might end up liking it more or you may not. But in the end who's the one using the phone, you or your friends?
    01-14-10 09:49 AM
    So true what fallenangel says, go with what makes you feel good. The 8520 is newer and probably the only differences would be speed and the trackpad. Speed, because the newer one should have more RAM and, well, the pad/ball is more of a personal preference. Go with what you feel. I bought the new one since it is my 1st blackberry and I really love it. Just wish it had a flash. But, it's the perfect 1st blackberry for me. I would love to add an 8300 series to my collection, but probably would go with something like the Bold 9000 or the 8900. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 10:22 AM
    For me the trackpad and the speed beats the flash.
    01-14-10 10:45 AM
    same here don't really need a flash
    01-14-10 10:49 AM
    Yes, the addition of WiFi is a much stronger feature than GPS in my opinion. The speed is a very noticeable difference between the two. The only weak link is no flash, but not being a person who uses his phone as a camera that is not a huge issue for me. All that being said, use them both and then keep the one you are more comfortable with because ultimately you are the only one who can make that decision.
    01-14-10 08:05 PM
    Thanks for your advices.
    Another question: Do you know if the 8320 is being discontinued? I noticed that Tmobile is not selling it anymore ...

Thanks
    01-14-10 09:48 PM
    Thanks for your advices.
    Another question: Do you know if the 8320 is being discontinued? I noticed that Tmobile is not selling it anymore ...

Thanks
    I'm pretty sure that it is. I can't buy it new here in Mexico. Just the 8330, the CDMA version. And that's going to be discontinued soon. You might be able to buy one off of Boost (not sure if it's the 8320 or the 8330) or unlocked on ebay.
    01-14-10 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD