I've had my Tour for several months and recently it has started not charging sometimes when I plug it in. The clock comes on the screen when I plug it in, leading me to believe it's charging when it actually isn't. A battery pull generally fixes the issue, but the problem has become more and more frequent. I don't want to and shouldn't have to pull the battery every time I want to charge my phone. Any one know any solutions to this problem? Thanks.
    01-14-10 07:58 AM
    Are you trying to charge using a cradle through usb? That's the only time I've ever had issues with multiple tours.
    01-14-10 10:32 AM
    Try with different chargers: usb on pc, car 12 volt, wall charger, with/without charging pod...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 11:57 AM
    i'm just using the standard wall charger. When the clock comes on, I just assume its charging, but sometimes it isnt. Any suggestions?
    01-14-10 12:16 PM
    how do u know its not charging ... there is no bolt in the battery?
    will it charge via the USB cable via PC?

i ask because i had a tour that would never charge by wall outlet and would only charge via USB if i had it plugged into pc then rebooted phone ...

at the end it was a hardware issue ..reloaded a new OS and the issue followed ...

so try car charger and different wall chargers ... if u never see bolt then u must have a hardware issue and i hope u have insurance
    01-14-10 02:57 PM
    Switch Batteries also. It could help
    01-14-10 03:53 PM
    I had this problem with my first Tour. It would only charge with a usb cord but eventually it stopped charging. Haven't had a problem with my new one (thank goodness for black tie protection!) so must have been a hardware issue
    01-17-10 08:45 AM
    For the past few weeks I cannot tell if my Tour is charging or not just because the clock goes on the screen... It can be a big surprise when it is "charging" overnight and it, in fact, has not charged at all. If I go out of the clock mode, sometimes there a bolt and sometimes not. This happens when using various chargers. It is such a pain to send it in for possible hardware fix.
    01-17-10 01:56 PM
    i'm just using the standard wall charger. When the clock comes on, I just assume its charging, but sometimes it isnt. Any suggestions?
    I had the same issue... I just called verizon yesterday and its still under manufact. Warranty so they are mailing me a new battery and I'll mail the old one back. Hopefully this will solve the prob...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 01:56 PM
    I am experiencing a similar problem with my Tour. I used to be able to charge my tour using the USB cable plugged into my laptop. This has worked for the last 5 month. Last week this stopped working and I receive a message on my laptop about a power surge. I then tried to charge via my car adapter and it does not charge there either (tried to different car charging cables). It now only charges using the wall outlet.
    10-26-10 09:21 PM
    I am experiencing a similar problem with my Tour. I used to be able to charge my tour using the USB cable plugged into my laptop. This has worked for the last 5 month. Last week this stopped working and I receive a message on my laptop about a power surge. I then tried to charge via my car adapter and it does not charge there either (tried to different car charging cables). It now only charges using the wall outlet.
    I had this issue this week, I went to my provider and had to get them to replace the phone. Same circumstances, I picked up a cheap microUSB cord and tried to charge my Tour with it on my Mac. It gave me a popup saying "This USB device is drawing too much power so it has been disabled." A couple hours later I noticed my Tour wouldnt charge.

Hope you have some warranty or extended warranty on yours, I got mine replaced free since I got it not 2 weeks ago.

The lesson here is to just keep the stock microUSB cord with you at all times!
    10-27-10 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD