I have a 2 weeks old otterbox impact casing and i don't know why, it somehow seems to have expanded...the grip around my phone isn't as tight as before and there is a small gap on the top portion resulting more pressure needed to press the power button...why is that so???
    01-14-10 05:49 AM
    If it has a defect email customer support and they will most likely send you a new one.
    01-14-10 05:54 AM
    Definitely call customer service, they are great! I had my 9550 OtterBox Defender for about 2 weeks and one of the embossed clasps broke that hold it in the holster. Not sure if it was my fault as it hadn't dropped at that point except once on carpet and the Defender should obviously protect against that anyway. I contacted OtterBox customer service and let em know the deal and they sent me an new one out without a fuss. The original one still works to but as it should not have broke in the first place they hooked it up with a new one... Even got some free OtterBox decals for a car or computer lol.

So now I got an extra one I am saving for parts lol
    Good luck... OtterBox is always the best choice!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 06:22 AM
    Definitely call customer service, they are great! I had my 9550 OtterBox Defender for about 2 weeks and one of the embossed clasps broke that hold it in the holster. Not sure if it was my fault as it hadn't dropped at that point except once on carpet and the Defender should obviously protect against that anyway. I contacted OtterBox customer service and let em know the deal and they sent me an new one out without a fuss. The original one still works to but as it should not have broke in the first place they hooked it up with a new one... Even got some free OtterBox decals for a car or computer lol.

So now I got an extra one I am saving for parts lol
    Good luck... OtterBox is always the best choice!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I am on my third case because of this issue. And this one is cracking in the exact same spot as well. I can get about 2 weeks of use out of it before it breaks. I though that it might have been me the first time but the last 2 cases haven't seen any type of abuse what so ever, that I am sure of. While their customer service is above and beyond any other that I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with they can do so much with a defective product line.

I now have case number 4 on the way. They said that their engineering dept was looking into the issue.
    Last edited by gtstang462002; 01-14-10 at 07:42 PM.
    01-14-10 06:44 AM
    Send OtterBox an email telling them exactly what you told us. They'll send you a new case right away. They have the best customer support of any company I've come across in a long time. They're wonderful answer to every problem is to send you a new case, no questions, no hassles, no charges (not even shipping charges).
    01-14-10 08:26 AM
    I have to "me too" the foregoing... Otterbox is one of the few companies that mean what they say with regard to customer support. I have bought a few defender series cases for phones on eBay, and the two times I had the slightest problem, they just sent me a new case.
    01-14-10 09:31 AM
    +1 for Otterbox having the best customer service I've seen in a long time. Send them a email and hear from them usually in an hour or two. Amazing.
    01-14-10 09:40 AM
    +1 agree. I had to contact them just this morning because I cracked my Commuter case (I have kids....). A new case is on the way as we speak!
    01-14-10 01:20 PM
    I had one of the clips for my holster snap off. I just got off of the phone with them. I am getting a new holster with no charges.
    01-14-10 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD