I have been able to view PDF files from my professors just last week, but as of yesterday I have not been able to open any through email attachments. Why has this happened?
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 01:31 AM
    have you updated your OS? try reinstalling the app or could maybe be the incompatibility of the pdf files they're posting.
    01-14-10 02:07 AM
    We have the same issue.

I have 230 users on our BES v5.0.1.58

So far, from what I can tell, users with the Tour (9630) can open all attachments fine.
    Users with an 8330 and 8830 World Edition can *not* open PDFs and PPTs. They can open wavs, docs, xls, etc.

I have spent many hours on this and have not found a solution (or cause for that matter).

I have tried different IT Policies, removing/resending the email's CMIME Service Book, restarting the BES Attachment Service, and of course the traditional battery pulling, removing 3rd party apps etc.

I am currently doing a complete wipe of an 8830 and will re-add to our BES. Although I hope that works, it's going to be a pain to do that on the 100-something BlackBerrys that can't open PDFs and PPTs any longer (they use to just fine).

Anyone have any other ideas...?

-Jeff
    BES Admin

I have been able to view PDF files from my professors just last week, but as of yesterday I have not been able to open any through email attachments. Why has this happened?
    Thanks

01-14-10 09:08 AM
    I can't think of anything else besides updating the OS, besides that I'll just eventually upgrade to the Tour.

01-14-10 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD