Hi everyone! I know that people have been asking this quetion a lot already, but does anyone know when will sprint come out with a new android phone wit a bigger screen and faster processor like the droid or Nexus one? I would get the hero but the screen is so small compared to the latest that's out. And, it hasn't been much said bout sprint getting any kinda love lately. So, can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks in advance!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 07:30 PM
    I don't think the screen size difference is really that large between the Hero and the Droid:

http://www.androidjunkies.com/wp-con...oid-screen.JPG

I mean it's bigger, but I don't really think that would be a huge factor for me.
    01-13-10 07:39 PM
    That's a pretty big difference lol. If it wasn't the Verizon was so expensive I'd leave Sprint and get the Droid. My buddy has it and its awesome, the web pages look so nice on that phone. I wish Sprint got phones like that. I'm tired of Sprints ****ty line up of phones.

01-13-10 11:24 PM
    Hi everyone! I know that people have been asking this quetion a lot already, but does anyone know when will sprint come out with a new android phone wit a bigger screen and faster processor like the droid or Nexus one? I would get the hero but the screen is so small compared to the latest that's out. And, it hasn't been much said bout sprint getting any kinda love lately. So, can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks in advance!

dude the moment has a faster processor then the droid...

800 mhz processor for the moment vs the 550 mhz for the droid
    01-13-10 11:28 PM
    dude the moment has a faster processor then the droid...

800 mhz processor for the moment vs the 550 mhz for the droid
    Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the Droid have two processors?

01-13-10 11:42 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the Droid have two processors?

gpu yesssss.. 1=nexus 2=droid 3=moment
    01-13-10 11:48 PM
    Ur right the moment is faster but it looks like a child phone to me. I'm just ready for sprint to come out with something that can compete with the droid and Nexus even if we don't get a version of those phones.

01-14-10 12:07 AM
    Processor doesn't mean anything really. I've used the droid and the browser for example is not as good as the Pre. Just a matter of what you want. But waiting for the latest and greatest on Sprint is almost always futile.
    01-14-10 12:11 AM
    The Hero is really quite a good phone. I've run into very little problems with it and the problems I do have are simply because I pay to close attention to stupid things and the camera doesn't have a flash. The droid is nice a phone but I wouldn't say that it's better then the Hero. Having a faster processor is neither here nor there. It depends on if the phone makes full use of the processor which is the question.
    01-14-10 03:04 AM
    Processor doesn't mean anything really. I've used the droid and the browser for example is not as good as the Pre. Just a matter of what you want. But waiting for the latest and greatest on Sprint is almost always futile.
    Software once 2.1 comes out for both the hero and moment that 800 mhz will mean something and you can see it in both phones as in lag in the hero where the moment is faster . and hey dont call it a child's toy thats what im using
    01-14-10 08:41 AM

the moment has a 800mhz processor thats faster then the droid's 528mhz processor. The moment is definitely not a child's phone the hero if anything with the sense ui is closer to a child's phone(no offense i think the hero is a awesome phone) plus you cant forget about the amoled screen on the moment that supports 16.7 million colors witch is a amazing my 9630 only has 65thousand. The moment is by far the most under-rated android phone by far.
    Last edited by njbianco; 01-15-10 at 11:53 PM.
    01-14-10 11:59 PM
    child's toy pfffftt people dont know what hardware there phones are running nowadays before making statements like that
    01-15-10 12:36 AM
    Having held a 'droid' .. vzw's droid is the closest thing to a turd I've had in my hand. Cannot even compare to the moment.
    01-15-10 06:59 AM
    child's toy pfffftt people dont know what hardware there phones are running nowadays before making statements like that
    very true the moment is a beast like i already said highly underrated
    01-15-10 11:47 PM
    very true the moment is a beast like i already said highly underrated
    was referring to the OP
    01-16-10 08:58 AM
    Well, I was saying it looked like a childs phone not that it operated like one. Don't get me wrong, It does seem like its a good phone reguardless of the looks cause of the power underneath the phone. Its jus that I was hoping sprint gets something even better, but if not then I will jus get the hero or the moment.

01-17-10 07:35 PM
    I believe the Pre also has a gpu if that's what you're going for. If not then they're running some impressive games without one.
    01-17-10 08:09 PM
    yes, we are getting a new android phone and its going to be WIMAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f70/we-...wesome-406570/
    01-17-10 10:19 PM
    I am soooo excited cause this is like the android device I was looking for! I guess I will just have to wait and see when it will finally launch.

01-18-10 07:17 PM
    I hope this phone doesn't require another plan change and that the everything data will be sufficient
    01-18-10 07:22 PM
    Yea, I think as long as u do have an everything data plan u should be ok! Well, at least I hope so. I don't see why they would change that.

01-18-10 10:48 PM
    so, we hope...

a lot of carriers are pulling shenanigans now
    01-18-10 11:11 PM
    *fingers crossed* lol! Yea, that is true! Especially now you just never know what's next or what these carriers have in store.

01-19-10 01:35 AM
    when it comes to processing power the only other android currently out there thats better then the moment(witch is 800 mHZ) is the nexus one with the 1 GHz snapdragon. The only problem the moment is its still on os 1.5. witch its getting 2.1 eventually.
    01-19-10 09:37 PM
    when it comes to processing power the only other android currently out there thats better then the moment(witch is 800 mHZ) is the nexus one with the 1 GHz snapdragon. The only problem the moment is its still on os 1.5. witch its getting 2.1 eventually.
    once moment gets that 2.1 upgrade it will use that 800 mhz to good use i cant wait
    01-19-10 10:46 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD