Am i the only one who's beyond p*ssed off with t-mobile and their neglect of the 8900 device? the LEAST they could do is release a statement or potential release date. these other versions like .411 just dont cut it, in my book. I'm sick of being kept in the dark.
    01-13-10 05:35 PM
    Am i the only one who's beyond p*ssed off with t-mobile and their neglect of the 8900 device? the LEAST they could do is release a statement or potential release date. these other versions like .411 just dont cut it, in my book. I'm sick of being kept in the dark.
    what are you referring to?
    01-13-10 06:02 PM
    5.0 OS, new one.
    01-13-10 06:09 PM
    You are new here. We all have experienced that with our carrier at one time or another.

Have you noticed, there is regularly maintained sticky thread with the latest carrier approved OS software? There is nothing to prevent you from upgrading as you choose.
    01-13-10 06:13 PM
    With all due respect - I'm not new, I've been a member here as long as you have. And i'm very privy to Sticky Threads and Foreign Carrier releases. My problem is not with RIM, my problem is with T-Mobile's negligence of the 8900 as it pertains to OSes. Now that RIM has given the 5.0 OS to all carriers, T-Mobile still has yet to say anything. It's ridiculous.
    01-13-10 06:17 PM
    Tmo does not need to release a statement. When they feel the OS will work properly on their network without causing many customer issues, they will release it. Networks almost never release statements on this stuff.
    01-13-10 07:16 PM
    I have been on .411 OS work with T-Mobile with no problems. It has been the best for me by far especially with the battery. Been using 5.0.0.411 a month now since 12/9/2009. This os has given me the best battery life out all of the OS. I gone from 3/4 of a day to 2 1/2 days on a single charge. Used for work 3 to hrs of talking total, emails(IT dept) and text all day. Sofar this OS has been the most responsive and stable yet. Not a big fan 3rd party Appz. Boot up time is faster also.
    UMA - works with no prob. Used more at work due to our building structure but, I have noticed the non UMA signal strength actually got better in some areas at work were some co-workers still get no signal. From 0 bar to 1 and holding when i have checked.

YouMail Visual Voice Mail Plus - Works great for me.

Google Maps not a problem. Use to use Gokivo Nav also before they started charging.

Google Voice been waiting to get invited.

I hope this help...
    01-13-10 07:58 PM
    With all due respect - I'm not new, I've been a member here as long as you have. And i'm very privy to Sticky Threads and Foreign Carrier releases. My problem is not with RIM, my problem is with T-Mobile's negligence of the 8900 as it pertains to OSes. Now that RIM has given the 5.0 OS to all carriers, T-Mobile still has yet to say anything. It's ridiculous.
    I guess I don't understand what your issue is with T-Mobile specifically. What U.S. carriers have released the 5.0 operating system? None, right? Your contention is somewhat confusing.....
    01-13-10 09:23 PM
    basically he wants to know since RIM stated that 5.0 is ready for distribution for carriers, why hasnt T-Mobile picked up the 5.0 OS update.

As Garz stated before, it is up to the CARRIER'S discretion to release the proper update for their BBs. When T-Mobile is ready and comfortable on the actual release they're testing, they will distribute it accordingly. If you want the 5.0 update, either d/l the ones stickied here, or just wait for T-Mobile's official release, like some of us is doing. If it happens it happens. If not, oh well.
    01-13-10 10:25 PM
    The premise of my discontent is that when it comes to OS updates, things tend to fall by the wayside for months on end. Leaving people anxious, especially when they know what features are coming. And when that happens, the only places that customers are able to pick up nuggets of information is great sites like Crackberry, BGR, etc etc. It annoys me at how much of a distance T-Mobile (and other carriers) keep their customers. So to respond to you, Garz (& marfaboy), it is written nowhere in my contract that they HAVE to provide me with that information. But would it be a nice customer service gesture to people curious about their phone's OS? Of course it would. Who wouldnt want that type of treatment? It shouldnt be Crackberry's job to break news like this, even though they do it so well. I think Carriers should start AT THE VERY least doing better with press releases/status annoucements of upcoming events (upgrades, new handsets, etc). Show a little transparency. That's all I'm saying.

mookie6870: .411 is a very good OS, but I'm noticing small little things that are buggy, although I can deal with them. they just constantly remind me that T-Mo is nowhere near releasing the official 8900 update.

good talk.
    01-13-10 10:54 PM
    reed has over 7,000 posts, you have almost 40. seems pretty new to me...just saying..
    01-13-10 10:57 PM
    reed has over 7,000 posts, you have almost 40. seems pretty new to me...just saying..
    thanks for the insight.
    01-13-10 11:01 PM
    They call me captain obvious
    01-13-10 11:02 PM
    Have you contacted T-Mobile and asked for their comments?

What did they tell you?
    01-14-10 01:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD