Hello all,

Apologies if this has been answered already, I've searched for quite some time and not been able to find the answer...

I'm quite new to BlackBerries, and have had a Storm2 for about a month now. Each night I plug it in to charge and use the Bedside Mode. What I'd like to do is have it so that it all notifications are off, except for those from specific contacts. I've set up a BlackBerry Contact Group with those people in (ie just family, close friends, important colleagues, etc.). Is there a way for me to do this?!

Many thanks in advance for anyone who's able to help!
    01-13-10 04:16 PM
    I was just thinking of trying to do something similar, only not in bedside mode. I am just about to start searching so I'll let you know if I find anything!

Kat
    01-13-10 04:31 PM
    What's does bedside do the phone?k

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 08:18 PM
    Bedside mode will dim the backlight on the screen and turn off the LED. I use my phone as my alarm so it makes it really nice! Just plug it in, the clock pops up, set the sound profile to silent, turn on bedside mode and voila!

Kat

01-13-10 08:50 PM
    I haven't tried it, but I know you can choose which sound profile you want in bedside mode, and you can also customize a contact's alert profile to always ring. It seems like you should be able to choose a silent profile, and the contact will still ring. Worth a try, at least.

01-13-10 09:01 PM
    Great suggestion, thanks! The only issue I see with doing it that was would be if I am in a meeting or someplace else when I really don't want it to ring. Then I have to remember to turn those ringers back to "active profile".

Kat

01-13-10 09:11 PM
    Bump! Anyone else have any suggestions or even know if this can be done?

Kat

01-14-10 04:09 PM
    If you go to the How-To section of CrackBerry they have a whole lesson on sound profiles, and there is also a video clip a couple of weeks back discussing BedSide mode and editing the profiles.
    01-14-10 10:56 PM
    Pardon me "Blackberry Help"
    01-14-10 10:57 PM
    Try making a custom profile with all sounds, except those for your chosen contacts, set to silent. BOOM! DONE!
    01-14-10 11:51 PM
    hmmmmmm, i really just leave mine on "phone calls only" so that if a important call comes in while sleeping I will hear it
    01-14-10 11:52 PM
    hmmmmmm, i really just leave mine on "phone calls only" so that if a important call comes in while sleeping I will hear it
    Right, but the OP is trying to find a way that only certain phone calls will ring, not all. This is important to people who sleep odd hours due to their job.
    01-14-10 11:56 PM
    Try making a custom profile with all sounds, except those for your chosen contacts, set to silent. BOOM! DONE!
    That is exactly what we want to do. The question is how. I can not find a place to select what contacts you want to ring for a certain profile. There is nothing about it in the profiles posts or videos mentioned above, so I had chalked it up to not being able to do it. Do you know how? I will make you my best friend if you do!

Kat

01-25-10 01:30 PM
    Create a custom profile that allows only that group to ring, set all other tones to silent. Set bedside mode to activate the new profile and all should be well.
    01-25-10 02:01 PM
    How do you set it to ring for only a specific group? I don't have that choice when trying to create a custom profile.

01-26-10 03:12 AM
    How do you set it to ring for only a specific group? I don't have that choice when trying to create a custom profile.

When you add a custom ringtone for certain contacts it will ask you for the ringer volume. Set that to "active profile". Next create a new sound with all sounds set to silent but the volume on 10 (or a high number). Now contact ringtones will play only for the people with a custom ringtone on loud and all others will be silent. Does that make sense?
    01-26-10 03:45 AM
    Yes! It makes complete sense! Thank you soooo much. Going to work on it in a little while!

Kat

01-26-10 09:19 AM
    Did those steps work for you? Because I can't seem to make it work for me.
    01-27-10 11:00 AM
    There's an app called Ring Scheduler that will do exactly what you want. Its also automatic, you won't have to set it every night.

01-27-10 11:11 AM
    I have been working on it and can't get it. Going to check out Ring Scheduler now! Thanks reme!

Kat

01-27-10 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD