Yes! Per a post I just read over on Engaget.Com, Samsung will start mass producing a 32gb microSD card next month! Now, that's what I'm talking 'bout!
    01-13-10 03:50 PM
    yeah i posted the link to another site earlier today http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/wh...9700-a-379964/

that means prices are going down with 32gb coming out =)
    01-13-10 03:54 PM
    Sandisk said something similar months ago; still don't see one on the market. It will be a while yet before the 32 GB cards come out, and a while still after that for them to come down to a reasonable price! I would refer you to XKCD:

xkcd - A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language - By Randall Munroe
    01-13-10 03:56 PM
    any word on price?
    01-13-10 04:08 PM
    This has been coming down the pipe for a while.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 04:20 PM
    My guess is $100+

01-13-10 04:41 PM
    How much for a 16gb card I switch between two 2gb cards and it gets tiring.

01-13-10 05:57 PM
    Yes! Per a post I just read over on Engaget.Com, Samsung will start mass producing a 32gb microSD card next month! Now, that's what I'm talking 'bout!
    I posted info on this over a year ago in the 8900 forum. They have been talking of going to production for a year now. Don't hold your breath. About 4 months out right now.
    Last edited by 3CISSBB; 01-13-10 at 06:55 PM.
    01-13-10 06:50 PM
    If it will help me get a high quality, high speed 16Gig card under $50 then its all gravy

01-13-10 07:01 PM
    If it will help me get a high quality, high speed 16Gig card under $50 then its all gravy

Don't expect to see class 6 16GB cards any time soon. Class 4 will be the fastest for some time.
    01-13-10 07:02 PM
    next time provide a link

Samsung announces 64GB moviNAND flash, 32GB microSD card -- Engadget
    01-13-10 07:03 PM

I just bought a used SanDisk 16gb microSD for $30-buck$,..from a well known online retailer. I got it because I was going on a week long trip from 25Dec to 01Jan and wanted to load up my BB Bold 9000. It works like a charm. But what I really want is a 32gb size microSD.
    01-13-10 07:14 PM
    ...my reason for not providing a link is because CB.Com is an online retailer that markets microSD cards and I thought it would not be respectful of me to post a link to another online retailer that marketed similar items.

Now that is out of the way, I think your reply should have read something like this. ..."next time, how about posting a link?,...and not be so "directed" in nature. I'm just sayin.... Respect gives Respect in return,..Kindness gives Kindness in return!
    01-13-10 07:19 PM
    This is great albeit expected news to some extent. It's another sign that these cards aren't light years away and the wait shouldn't be too much longer. I've been holding off buying a 16gb as a 32gb would be well worth the added money.

Here's hoping that the next few months should start production and supply to the public!
    01-13-10 07:35 PM
    Wonder what speeds will be offered with the cards...my 16g is a 2. I am thinking these 32g will be a good 120+ at least....
    01-13-10 07:44 PM
    I posted info on this over a year ago in the 8900 forum. They have been talking of going to production for a year now. Don't hold your breath. About 4 months out right now.
    I surly won't hold my breathe. Hopefully it does come to pass this time.
    01-13-10 07:49 PM
    Don't expect to see class 6 16GB cards any time soon. Class 4 will be the fastest for some time.
    I've been using one for months, bought from NewEgg.com
    01-13-10 08:26 PM
    ...my reason for not providing a link is because CB.Com is an online retailer that markets microSD cards and I thought it would not be respectful of me to post a link to another online retailer that marketed similar items.

Now that is out of the way, I think your reply should have read something like this. ..."next time, how about posting a link?,...and not be so "directed" in nature. I'm just sayin.... Respect gives Respect in return,..Kindness gives Kindness in return!
    His reply struck me as curt too, and I was just thinking that when I scrolled down to your reply. You were right to be careful about posting links to other sites, too.

/ES
    01-13-10 08:41 PM
    fyi, I have 8gb memory cards for $20, been using it on my 9700 no problems.
    01-14-10 08:20 AM
    Just curious what you folks are putting on your sd cards that you would need a 32gb card?
    I have an 8gb card with over 150 songs and some pictures, but I've barely used any of the space up on mine...
    01-14-10 09:26 AM
    My office data alone is more than 10 GB because I store pdf images of all my documents in and out, and I want all my cases to always be available going back to when I started my law practice -- there is always something I wrote or read years ago that is somehow applicable to what I am doing today -- even my law school notes from 1995 still come in handy. I haven't loaded my music because there is no room for everything, and I can't pick and choose my favorite songs because my mood changes -- it is my entire collection of music, or nothing. It would also be nice to have a back-up of all my computer programs, videogames, and regular videos just in case there is a fire -- I can grab my phone and get out, and restart a new life with my SD Card. I would prefer not to have a vault at the bank for this purpose -- since the phone is always with me, mass mobile storage to the nth degree is very appealing -- I can't wait for technology to advance a little so that I can have 1TB on my hip.
    Last edited by lawlist; 01-14-10 at 10:08 AM.
    01-14-10 10:05 AM
    My office data alone is more than 10 GB because I store pdf images of all my documents in and out, and I want all my cases to always be available going back to when I started my law practice -- there is always something I wrote or read years ago that is somehow applicable to what I am doing today -- even my law school notes from 1995 still come in handy. I haven't loaded my music because there is no room for everything, and I can't pick and choose my favorite songs because my mood changes -- it is my entire collection of music, or nothing. It would also be nice to have a back-up of all my computer programs, videogames, and regular videos just in case there is a fire -- I can grab my phone and get out, and restart a new life with my SD Card. I would prefer not to have a vault at the bank for this purpose -- since the phone is always with me, mass mobile storage to the nth degree is very appealing -- I can't wait for technology to advance a little so that I can have 1TB on my hip.
    I wouldn't want to lose that phone!

01-14-10 10:15 AM
    Quite correct -- we need to ask the developers to include a retinal scan auto-self-destruct sequence if it ever falls into enemy hands.
    01-14-10 10:19 AM

I have bought 2 in the last 2 weeks, about �14 from ebay.
    01-14-10 10:23 AM
    Wow bro....I really hope you never lose your phone. I wouldn't be able to leave the phone on a table or something if that was me. Personally I have a 4GB... with about 2.78 GB available space LOL. Don't do music nor movies on my phone and all important data for me is backed up on a server.
    01-14-10 10:34 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD