first of all.... !!! A !!! W !!! E !!! S !!! O !!! M !!! E !!!, that would be to sweet esp in a cell phone

Qualcomm will launch dual-core 1.5GHz Snapdragon this year :: HEXUS.channel - Essential IT business intelligence
    It's been a busy start to the year for mobile chip maker Qualcomm, with the launch of the Google Nexus One and Lenovo trying to chuck a Snapdragon chip in anything it can get its hands on. And things don't look like letting up, with two new flavours of Snapdragon due to be launched this year.

We spoke to Luis Pineda, SVP of product management for Qualcomm CDMA Technologies (pictured below), at CES 2010 today and he shed some light on what we can expect from the Snapdragon roadmap in the next 12 months.

Later this month a 45nm version of Snapdragon - the 8X50A - clocking at 1.3 GHz will be offered to manufacturers and is expected to appear in end-products by the end of this year.

Also before the end of the year, Qualcomm will unveil a dual-core Snapdragon - the 8X72 - with each Scorpion core clocking at 1.5 GHz. Pineda said it can be used in both phones and smartbook type devices and will be capable of providing 1080p resolution.

Pineda also brought along a few smartphones and there was one we hadn't seen before, even though it was launched a month or so ago. It's called the LG eXpo, and supports an optional �pico projector' - the LG Mobile Projector that clips onto the phone and can project straight from it. There's also a fingerprint reader.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 01:27 PM
    Holy batphone. That's a load of power in a tiny device. I hope the battery manufacturers can keep up.

01-13-10 02:03 PM
    What kind of battery life would a phone with that much speed in its CPU get?

01-13-10 02:12 PM
    battery life should be good since it's a dual processor - only one on most of the time, and two on when you need it.
    01-13-10 02:23 PM
    battery life should be good since it's a dual processor - only one on most of the time, and two on when you need it.
    old McDonald had a dog and his name was BINGO

01-13-10 02:25 PM
    What kind of battery life would a phone with that much speed in its CPU get?

Batteries? We don't need no stinkin' batteries!

A processor that fast will need a micronuke reactor.
    01-13-10 05:22 PM
    I'm guessing they watch power consumption. I'm also guessing that the reason these chips aren't nearly as popular as we and Qualcomm would like to see. Having that high of a Mhz rating is great, but I'd rather have battery life (or a nice happy medium).

01-13-10 05:25 PM

I'm there in what ever device drops first with this chip!!
    01-13-10 05:34 PM
    Man, I bet these things will generate some heat too.

Hey, maybe that could be a selling point. Built in Hand Warmer!!
    01-13-10 05:47 PM
    Man, I bet these things will generate some heat too.

Hey, maybe that could be a selling point. Built in Hand Warmer!!
    AGREE, the Tour gets hot as it is, this would be insane. But on the real all that speed wouldnt the provider speed also matter? Like having all that power is great but if you have low reception or signal kinda defeats the purpose right? Im just assuming this*
    01-13-10 06:23 PM
    I would love to see this too in my BlackBerry but really in what way is it going to improve my phone? Until we have a better browser and flash or some amazing apps I don't see the point of this processor.
    01-13-10 06:26 PM
    That's nothing compared to what ARM has coming out.

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/?s=arm+2ghz+
    01-13-10 06:56 PM
    I would love to see this too in my BlackBerry but really in what way is it going to improve my phone? Until we have a better browser and flash or some amazing apps I don't see the point of this processor.
    It'll make the hourglass spin faster

01-13-10 07:00 PM
    It'll make the hourglass spin faster

I will admit........... That made me giggle.
    01-13-10 07:05 PM
    That's nothing compared to what ARM has coming out.

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/?s=arm+2ghz+

Yeah, and in the article it says,

" Potential iPhone Gen 4 ARM Cortex A9 Multicore Processor Demo"

"MacRumors is guessing it might just make its way into the iTablet/iSlate as well."

Although that would be the sweetest thing ever if it does happen.
    01-13-10 11:10 PM
    I just got my Feb issue of Popular Science today and it kind of revealed something I had missed.

These seem more powered towards making cell phones "bigger". The article in PopSci (which I didn't see on their website) talks about the Lenovo Skylight. A 3/4 inch thick laptop that is 9.9x7.7 inches. Instead of shrinking laptop and computer parts, they've increased cell phone parts size and added a big screen. This model uses the 1Ghz snapdragon processor and is 3G.

So my guess is that these aren't intended for devices as small as cell phones. But more like midrange devices like mini laptops and other devices of the sort.
    01-20-10 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD