Hi all, new to the site. New to owning a bb

Have been looking at various apps and would love to be using vlingo (or other) to write texts/emails by voice while I drive. Would prefer not to pay (duh)

Saw some previous posts about how v2.0 or 2.1 used to work in these capacities for free...but can't manage to get my hands on them...maybe the company has somehow disabled them.

Any intel/help would be AWESOME!

Basically I don't care about any functionality except text/email voice to text for while I drive...or even one of the two. I am aware that there is an app to go the other way (text to speech) at the appworld.

Help me!!! (or crush my dreams)
    01-13-10 01:25 PM
    It's on appworld
    01-13-10 01:48 PM
    It's on appworld
    Thats not what he was asking for. I don't think the files would work for you. They said they would only allow you to use the 2.0 version if you had it for your device before they switched to 3.0
    01-13-10 03:19 PM
    Sorry...I screwed up the title of my post.
    I don't want the current free vlingo, which I tried and will not allow me to send texts or email unless the other person has vlingo too.

I want to get the old version (2 or 2.1) which allowed me to send texts or emails to whoever I want.
    01-13-10 03:19 PM
    Version 2.0 only works on devices that had registered 2.0 prior to the 3.0 release.

Even if you load 2.0 onto your BB now, if the PIN hadn't been registered with Vlingo prior to the 3.0 release, it won't register as a free app now.

The controversy for some was what would happen if their device failed and had to be replaced. I think Vlingo was doing something for some people, but if you are a new Vlingo user, the only option you have is 4.0.
    01-13-10 03:25 PM
    well that sucks.

Any other options available to me to do this? (covert speech to text for sms and email (or one or the other if necessary))
    01-13-10 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD