The title, was also wondering if you guys think that the Krusell phone case is worth buying too. I used to use it because I can use my phone at the same time while it's in the case, but doesn't the one you get with the phone save battery power?

Edit: I don't wanna make an extra thread, does anybody find the the headset that you get for the BlackBerry breaks easy? I've had two and both times, one of the earphones just stop working or make scratchy noises.

Do silicone cases make it terrible ot put in the slip on case?
    Last edited by thebbnoob; 01-13-10 at 09:53 AM.
    01-13-10 04:53 AM
    I think the Krusell case are nice and I have a friend that uses the same one that you are talking about and they like it but its more of a personal preference because I personally use the hard plastic case w/ a holster that helps save battery power. My phone didn't come w/ a case but my boyfriend who has a BB pearl, his came w/ the case and he doesn't use his because he feels its a pain to constantly take it out of the case anyways.

The headsets that come w/ the phone are not the greatest and are cheaply made. I broke it the 2nd week of use.
    Last edited by fallenangel808; 01-13-10 at 06:05 AM.
    01-13-10 06:00 AM
    The screens on the storms are scratch resistent. With that said, I use a screen protector and it has not impacted performance at all. The added protection is just for peace of mind. I use the seidio innocase surface and holster. Great protection and the sleep function of the holster helps save battery life. I cant comment on the headphones as I think they are still in the bag they came in.
    01-13-10 06:21 AM
    i wouldnt say its necessary because i have gone a while without one but i wouldnt take the chance of getting scratches all over your device.
    01-13-10 06:27 AM
    Scratch resistant does not make it scratch proof. It only takes one grain of sand a minimal pressure and you have a scratch that you can feel with your fingernail. For the $3 that you will spend on a protector how can you go wrong?

I scratched the screen on my Storm 1. The glass is the same.
    01-13-10 07:02 AM
    Oh okay, I might buy them then. I'm still wondering if I want a hard case or silicon. I'm probably most likely to get water on the phone so I should probably get the silicon ones since they're more water resistant. I might buy a silicon case + SP bundled from CB. The hard cases I find have some pretty cool designs though.
    01-13-10 07:34 AM
    I just got my screen protector installed
    01-13-10 08:21 AM
    I've had a Storm since Nov 08 and never had a screen protector, not any scratches to my screen. I do carry it in a holster and would guess that you might have more problems if you carry it in your pocket.

I haven't had any trouble with my BB headset, but I don't use them much either. I really liked my ScullCandy FMJ's until I ripped the cord, now I'm happy with my v-moda vibe ii.
    01-13-10 08:30 AM
    i've had my storm 2 for 2 months now and I haven't had a screen protector to date - and don't have any scratches on my screen. I use the simple slip case provided in the box, however, i ALWAYS return it to the slip case when im not using the device. I clean it with the provided cloth nightly.
    01-13-10 08:41 AM
    What do you guys think of these? eBay.com.my: 2 SOFT Crystal Gel Case Skin Blackberry Storm 9500 9530 (item 270408211035 end time Feb 09, 2010 05:08:05 MYT)

I was gonna get a clear and blue one lol. I can't find any cool looking soft ones I might buy a screen protector as mentioned before, scratch resistant doesn't mean it's completely scratch free.

Play.com (UK) - Mobile - Free Delivery I bought this one before for my Storm 1, it didn't last long lol. Although it's cool, the slightest drop of water makes it non sticky.

BLACK SMOKE SKIN CASE FOR BLACKBERRY STORM-2 9550 PHONE - eBay (item 280423979765 end time Jan-14-10 06:38:30 PST) Do you think this type of case is good? I'm wondering if it'd be too bulky to fit in the slip in case.
    Last edited by thebbnoob; 01-13-10 at 09:18 AM.
    01-13-10 09:04 AM
    I insist my BlackBerry followers get screen protectors and I install them in clean-room environments. Its a $3 insurance policy.

Furthermore, I found out a bonus feature of the screen protector. When I dropped my Storm2 from 8 feet high onto concrete, the screen protector has been holding my shattered glass screen intact while I wait for my insurance replacement to arrive.

Just get it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 09:39 AM
    I insist my BlackBerry followers get screen protectors and I install them in clean-room environments. Its a $3 insurance policy.

Furthermore, I found out a bonus feature of the screen protector. When I dropped my Storm2 from 8 feet high onto concrete, the screen protector has been holding my shattered glass screen intact while I wait for my insurance replacement to arrive.

Just get it!

Hey have you ever used a mirror one before? I'm thinking if it will ruin the quality of viewing that much.

I have a feeling they're terrible in sunlight.
    Last edited by thebbnoob; 01-13-10 at 09:53 AM.
    01-13-10 09:49 AM
    I would say get the screen protector. I know the screen is not suppose to scratch but I was getting tired of all the smudges on my screen. I ended up buying the anti glare film set for the iPod Touch. Cut it to form it is a great protector and doesn't smudge. Used it on both my Storm 1 and 2 and it worked great. A little pricey but great.
    01-13-10 09:56 AM

BLACK SMOKE SKIN CASE FOR BLACKBERRY STORM-2 9550 PHONE - eBay (item 280423979765 end time Jan-14-10 06:38:30 PST) Do you think this type of case is good? I'm wondering if it'd be too bulky to fit in the slip in case.
    I was able to get the exact same case for 1 dollar from a hong kong seller on ebay. (Has the same design on the back) It's not bad there's a seam around the case you can feel quite a bit. I would suggest getting a Epik case from a forum member who sells them. It's half the price of the one you're looking at and looks like it covers more of the phone and doesn't have seam that sticks out . I ordered one a couple of days ago. Hopefully shipping to Canada doesn't take forever lol.

01-13-10 10:41 AM
    The best I have ever found is Invisible Shield. I have it on my entire phone and love it. It protects from scratches and damage. It also gives it a sticky feel I like which makes it easier to hold on to.
    01-13-10 11:40 AM
    Haven't had one since I got it two months ago, No scratches. I guess it depends on how you treat your device.

Greg
    01-13-10 11:43 AM
    I like to keep my phones in my pocket without a case or sleeve so I have always installed a full device skin, if available. I see a lot of people say their screen has no scratches but if you keep it in your pocket, its not possible to keep it looking like new. also, the black plastic above and below the screen is particularly soft.

I've had bestskinsever for all of my blackberries and the one for the Storm2 is perfectly cut - although I choose not to install the piece that goes around the metal. I install it on the screen, the door and the top and bottom trim only.

Personally, I prefer the screen to have a bit of resistance that the protector brings - the glass screen by itself gets oily and too slippery for my liking.
    01-13-10 12:08 PM
    I think the screen protector is a waste. personal opinion.
    but you'll go crazy if a piece of dust gets under the protector and if there is a bubble under there.
    I think the screen is strong enough that nothing is going to happen to it.
    01-13-10 01:27 PM
    +1 on a protector.

I am someone who drops my phone in my pocket, sometimes the same pocket as my keys... Since release date I have scratched both of my S2's screens. The first was pretty bad, luck would have it I already had a replacement coming for a bad headphone jack.

The scratch on my current phone isn't that bad but I got that little piece of plastic on there as soon as it came in the mail.

The only downside I have noticed to having a protector on is that I get more click "errors" - multi clicks on the bottom row, sometimes they don't respond etc. All issues that didn't happen when the screen was naked, but don't happen often enough for me to be bothered by them.
    01-13-10 01:49 PM
    Phantom Skinz takes some work because you need to dip in water. I like the results and ability to adjust while it's drying.

I think it slightly reduced the sensitivity of the screen but after a few days I didn't notice. It's mainly for piece of mind and worth a few bucks.
    01-13-10 02:15 PM
    Could anyone recommend a decent screen protector? Someone I met the other day told me about one he had on his storm that used the same material used on helicopter blades. Has anyone heard of anything like this or know if there is any truth behind this?
    01-13-10 02:25 PM
    Could anyone recommend a decent screen protector? Someone I met the other day told me about one he had on his storm that used the same material used on helicopter blades. Has anyone heard of anything like this or know if there is any truth behind this?

I've had one of the screen protectors you are talking about but didn't like the way it looked on the phone.
    Go to SGPStore.com | Protector skin for your iPod, iPhone, MP3, cell phone, notebook, and more handheld devices and check out the Steinheil Anti-fingerprint screen protector. It is awesome. Not seeing figerprints makes it all the better.
    People that think that screen protectors are a waste are crazy. I got a key scratch on my Storm1 and I was sick. But believe what you want.
    Last edited by Striker951; 01-13-10 at 05:09 PM.
    01-13-10 05:04 PM
    2 Storms (S1 and S2), 14 months, no scratches. The screen is glass, not plastic. More of a personal taste in having one rather then needing one. Without a protector, smudges can be a nuisance.
    01-13-10 06:36 PM
    2 Storms (S1 and S2), 14 months, no scratches. The screen is glass, not plastic. More of a personal taste in having one rather then needing one. Without a protector, smudges can be a nuisance.
    I hope you don't find out the hard way. They do scratch. What makes you think that glass don't scratch?
    01-13-10 06:54 PM
    Do you guys think that a soft case is better to get than a hard one? Are the silicone ones that much of a nuisance to pull out of your pocket? Also does the slip case save that much battery power? I wanna know if I'll be missing out on much.
    01-14-10 01:04 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD