Okay, I'm so totally frustated with the QL upgrade! Am I dreaming, or is there actually a new version of QL 2.17 which would allow you to set Q as a shortcut for the app???????? I've upgraded from Mobihand store countless times, and no matter what I do, delete original version before upgrading, battery pulls, contacted customer support and followed the instructions to do EXACTLY what I've already done yet again....it's a no go.
    The upgraded version is the exact version I had to begin with. Can someone who has successfully upgraded please tell me what some of the differences are b/t the two, what can I look for to confirm that I have the correct upgraded version?
    I'm really starting to loose it, maybe I'm just a dweeb and overlooked the shortcut feature....which I'm really looking forward to b/c I can use any theme w/o forgoing my beloved QL...

Please, please help you guys

Thanks in advance.
    01-12-10 05:21 PM
    In options -> phone options -> general options set dial from home screen to "no". Then go to home screen and press q.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 05:58 PM
    I believe the new version had multi click features

01-12-10 06:13 PM
    The quicklaunch upgrade is a PITA in my opinion, I would love to have it and will wait for it to show up on appworld because I purchased it through appworld, when you go to "check for update" it finds an update and downloads it it changes the version number in applications falsly making it seem like it updated when the app hasn't changed at all. A total headache and this is the only app I have ever paid for, I get better support from free apps than I have from QL
    01-12-10 06:19 PM
    There has not been an upgrade for the curve yet.
    01-12-10 06:20 PM
    After searching, I also can not find a upgrade released for the 8900
    01-12-10 06:23 PM
    Quicklaunch = BB Nirvana

best app I ever bought!
    01-12-10 08:19 PM
    In options -> phone options -> general options set dial from home screen to "no". Then go to home screen and press q.

Thank you for replying, but this did not help....the upgrade link apparently is not working.

01-12-10 08:56 PM
    The quicklaunch upgrade is a PITA in my opinion, I would love to have it and will wait for it to show up on appworld because I purchased it through appworld, when you go to "check for update" it finds an update and downloads it it changes the version number in applications falsly making it seem like it updated when the app hasn't changed at all. A total headache and this is the only app I have ever paid for, I get better support from free apps than I have from QL
    This exactly my situation. Mobihand customer support sent me a link with the supposed 2.17 upgrade, but it did the exact same thing. Same version with a 2.17 vs description.

01-12-10 08:59 PM
    After searching, I also can not find a upgrade released for the 8900
    Oh really? Wow, well in that case I digress

Thanks guys

01-12-10 09:04 PM
    Oh really? Wow, well in that case I digress

Thanks guys

what os version are you using on your 8900 ?
    01-12-10 09:28 PM
    I'm using OS 4.6.1.231

01-12-10 09:33 PM
    I'm using OS 4.6.1.231

ok i also have an 8900 but im running 5.0 and not 4.6
    01-12-10 09:39 PM
    I am so glad that somebody started this thread!!!! I too got an email from mobihand saying there was an update to Quicklaunch to version 2.17.1 and I downloaded the new update, but, I cannot get the "Q" shortcut to work. I already turned off dialing from the homescreen because I don't do it anyway. I have set all of my permissions to Allow and I still cannot get it to work. I am very disappointed as this is the first time that this has happened to me with a Quicklaunch update.

I have a Curve 8900 OS 4.6.1.250.

I also don't understand why when I had my 8330 Curve the fonts bigger and they were never cut off on the end of some of the app names. Now I have a bigger screen and the when you select big for fonts they are not really that big and the are words cutting off on the end. The cut off happens on the left and right side.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    01-14-10 08:40 PM
    this latest quicklaunch update seems to be really messed up, the check for update function within quicklaunch only acts like it works and doesnt and it hasn't made it to appworld in over a week now. The problem is that when you update like those of you above it looks and acts like it is updating but isn't. When you look in applications it shows the correct version number but within quicklaunch itself in says it is still the older version. Within quicklaunch is correct. Asked cheetahace a couple times and cheetah blew me off like I was crazy and has not offered me any help in 10-11 days. so I will be waiting for it to hit appworld since the app within the app to check for updates doesn't work
    01-14-10 08:44 PM
    A quick search finds this

This is an app world thing. Happens all the time to all apps on app world. Not related to QuickLaunch or the update.

do the following w/o skipping any steps:
    1) Go to My World and Delete QuickLaunch
    2) uninstall QuickLaunch from your phone from Options, Advanced, Applications.
    3) Delete QuickLaunch from your sdcard if present (app world archive thing)
    4) uninstall App World
    5) pull the battery for a FULL 30 seconds
    6) download and install the LATEST App World Client
    7) log in to My World with your pay pal email
    01-14-10 08:48 PM
    this latest quicklaunch update seems to be really messed up, the check for update function within quicklaunch only acts like it works and doesnt and it hasn't made it to appworld in over a week now. The problem is that when you update like those of you above it looks and acts like it is updating but isn't. When you look in applications it shows the correct version number but within quicklaunch itself in says it is still the older version. Within quicklaunch is correct. Asked cheetahace a couple times and cheetah blew me off like I was crazy and has not offered me any help in 10-11 days. so I will be waiting for it to hit appworld since the app within the app to check for updates doesn't work
    Same here, under applications it says that it has the latest version. I was just going to ask if why Cheetah has not spoken up about any of this mess! I don't understand it!
    01-14-10 08:55 PM
    I don't understand it!
    What don't you understand?
    01-14-10 08:59 PM
    A quick search finds this
    This does nothing to fix it, nothing at all. a quick search would have also told you that those of us who tried it found that it did not work
    01-14-10 09:04 PM
    This does nothing to fix it, nothing at all. a quick search would have also told you that those of us who tried it found that it did not work
    That's funny because all I see after his post is people saying that it did work.
    01-14-10 09:17 PM
    What don't you understand?
    I don't understand why Cheetah has not responded to some of these issues a lot of us are having. He is usually more helpful....It just hasn't been my experience with him in the past to not help with Quicklaunch issues.
    01-14-10 09:56 PM
    he is probably busy. I understand. That is why I am waiting for appworld. The fix only works for people who downloaded through mobihand, not appworld
    01-14-10 09:58 PM
    That's funny because all I see after his post is people saying that it did work.
    But, this does not resolve the issues for those of us who did not get the update from App World...I have never used App World...I got my update from an update link in mobihand, I don't even have App World installed on my BB.

So what are we supposed to do?
    01-14-10 10:00 PM
    he is probably busy. I understand. That is why I am waiting for appworld. The fix only works for people who downloaded through mobihand, not appworld
    It says that fix was for "app world" not mobihand in Dubbin1 's post.
    01-14-10 10:02 PM
    Okay, don't get me wrong... It is unfortunate that there seems to be updating issues for so many people, and that Cheetah has been tougher to pin down, but he ALWAYS asks for help testing when he's ready to test something. Perhaps he's working out the kinks he's discovered.

Besides, who cares? I tried to update and nothing changed. Know what I did? Went on using the version I already had, because it's awesome software. Do you really feel ripped off or that he owes you something? Try not to look at devs as people to hold accountable. Look at them as the folks who make your phone better. Be glad he's still working to improve the software you already paid for.

01-15-10 01:01 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD