So I saw that Bell customers are having issues with Bell's new HSPA network... it turns out that I as a Telus customer am having the same issues! My BBM messages are delayed about 15 minutes and sometimes so is my email...this is so frustrating! I love my BBM and it being so delayed is making me feel like I am out of the loop! I have called Telus and started a ticket for BOTH of the phones I have on my account which are both 9700's. The tickets are about 2 weeks old now but still no answers. All I am told is that a technician is working on the issue... Anyone else having the same problems? If so, give Telus a call and let them know how unhappy you are and perhaps they will move a little quicker to fix all of the problems!

Let me know what you hear form Telus....
    01-12-10 02:25 PM
    So I saw that Bell customers are having issues with Bell's new HSPA network... it turns out that I as a Telus customer am having the same issues! My BBM messages are delayed about 15 minutes and sometimes so is my email...this is so frustrating! I love my BBM and it being so delayed is making me feel like I am out of the loop! I have called Telus and started a ticket for BOTH of the phones I have on my account which are both 9700's. The tickets are about 2 weeks old now but still no answers. All I am told is that a technician is working on the issue... Anyone else having the same problems? If so, give Telus a call and let them know how unhappy you are and perhaps they will move a little quicker to fix all of the problems!

Let me know what you hear form Telus....
    I'm one of the Bell customers with this issue, so I'm thinking that it must be the new network. Bell and Telus share it. I've tried a variety of OS's on my 9700 all with the same result and given that our friends to the South are not having issues leads me believe that it's the network.

Seems that everyone is getting the same "we're looking in to it" response which is frustrating and could be because they don't want to admit there is a problem.

As a BB user now for nearly 10 years, I'm having to force my BB to check for new email and messages.
    01-12-10 04:46 PM
    I'm one of the Bell customers with this issue, so I'm thinking that it must be the new network. Bell and Telus share it. I've tried a variety of OS's on my 9700 all with the same result and given that our friends to the South are not having issues leads me believe that it's the network.

Seems that everyone is getting the same "we're looking in to it" response which is frustrating and could be because they don't want to admit there is a problem.

As a BB user now for nearly 10 years, I'm having to force my BB to check for new email and messages.
    Bell user here, exact same issues and have been experiencing them since I got the device. Very annoying manually refreshing to see if I have any missed bbm's or emails. After a countless amount of calls to tech support, ive come to the conclusion that the only thing we really can do is wait.
    01-12-10 05:39 PM
    It is a new network, bound to have issues.
    01-12-10 06:27 PM
    It is a new network, bound to have issues.
    OK then, so why doesn't Bell/Telus at least acknowledge that there is indeed an issue rather than "we're looking in to it".

When I bought a new car in it's first year of production I expected some small problems but I wouldnt' expect to jump start when I want to go somewhere. Not receiving email/data on a push Blackberry is big issue!
    01-12-10 07:14 PM
    maybe slightly slow browsing for a bit yesterday but no delays or anything for me.
    01-12-10 08:25 PM
    Can I asked what OS version you are running and which city you are located?

Not that I don't believe you but do you also receive your email via a Desktop client, so you can say for sure that your Blackberry isn't delayed?
    01-12-10 11:46 PM
    all i am hoping for is that they fix it....soon!
    01-13-10 10:07 AM
    Bellus guys. This is where the name comes from.

Anyways, it's still a pretty new network, there's going to be hiccups, slowdowns, etc for a little while. Remember, you guys are sharing a network with the iEatBandwidth now, too. More Telus/Bell iPhones = slower HSPA.
    01-13-10 10:29 AM
    OK then, so why doesn't Bell/Telus at least acknowledge that there is indeed an issue rather than "we're looking in to it".

When I bought a new car in it's first year of production I expected some small problems but I wouldnt' expect to jump start when I want to go somewhere. Not receiving email/data on a push Blackberry is big issue!
    That sounds like acknowledging that there is an issue to me. I'm no genius though..... lol

I for one don't have this issue with having to manually refresh for messages or BBM. I pretty much haven't noticed any issues with the network.

Telus and Bell also share CDMA towers so them sharing is not anything new. It's been like this for quite some time now
    01-13-10 12:17 PM
    Bell and telus are sharing same tower and network

dats y....
    01-13-10 12:17 PM
    this problem is all over HoFo

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Blackberry BBM Delay and Garbeled/Robotic Voice Issues on the new HSPA Network

the bell forum also has a big thread on bbm delays as well.
    telus refuses to believe its a problem. they insist i change my device when i know it is not my device since i didnt have the bbm delays before. its only been happening for about a month.
    01-13-10 12:22 PM
    Can I asked what OS version you are running and which city you are located?

Not that I don't believe you but do you also receive your email via a Desktop client, so you can say for sure that your Blackberry isn't delayed?
    .423 in Calgary. My gmail has been virtually instant and I can verify it on the web portal. My work email via OWA has the usual varying minor delay that is always has. Gtalk isn't delayed at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 12:47 PM
    I have good friend on Telus who just traded his old 8700 cdma for a brand new 9700 on the new network as I have been telling him what a great phone it is. He and his son both have new 9700 and have been on with Telus for hours trying to diagnose BBM problems. He sends to me no trouble at all, I send to him, get the small d after some time, but he never receives it. I also send to other countries without any problems only Canada seems to have this trouble.
    01-13-10 02:02 PM
    For all you Telus customers who are having this issue, call Telus and let them know you are calling about known issue 1516. That's telus' master ticket for this problem...as of 545 pm there is no estimated time to resolution but the more people that there are on the ticket the better!

01-13-10 04:48 PM
    For all you Telus customers who are having this issue, call Telus and let them know you are calling about known issue 1516. That's telus' master ticket for this problem...as of 545 pm there is no estimated time to resolution but the more people that there are on the ticket the better!

I'm with Bell and they don't have a master ticket yet (or not that I have been able to get out of them).

Do we know from this Telus Master ticket/known issue where they are focussing their investigation? Network, Device Firmware, OS?
    01-13-10 05:09 PM
    Ya I also had this problem when I had my 9700 sometimes bbm msgs wouldn't even get received by me unless I started a data connection like the bbrowser. I dunno what's going on but bbms r definitly delayed

Good thing Im on my iPhone now

01-13-10 05:39 PM
    From talking to the tech, they believe its the network as the cdma network is not having the problem..however, they are exploring all avenues to make sure that it is only the network.
    01-14-10 01:46 AM
    i really hope they are looking at the right issue.

they told me there was a master ticket as well for an issue about this but it was not even close when the guy read it out to me.
    01-14-10 01:17 PM
    OK. So after escalating the problem through the large company I work for who have direct links inside Bell, I got a call back from 3rd level support today.

The issue with delayed BBM, delayed email and losing the Blackberry Data connection/icon is a known issue affecting mainly Ontario and Alberta. The issue with the HSPA network and they are currently deploying software updates to the network.

Ontario is first to be completed, followed by the other provinces with a scheduled completion date for the end of January.

In the past 24 hours I've actually noticed a big improvement, so hopefully they have deployed it in my area. The tech will also call me back next Wednesday to check on the status.

He also confirmed that they found that people who replaced their SIM cards were temporarily fixed for a couple of weeks before the problem came back. Which is exactly what happened to me.

Sounds good folks. By the end of the month we should all have "normal" 9700/9000 Blackberries that don't need a kick
    01-15-10 02:04 PM
    oh man...im anxiously waiting for that day....thanks for the update agault..im hoping that the same details apply to telus!
    01-17-10 12:51 AM
    I dont understand.. I'm with bell with the 9700.. using every function everyday.. never notice any slowdown or delay even on BBM... i have co-worker with rogers and telus and when I send them a bbm, they got it a few seconds later..

Is it because I'm going through a BES! ?
    01-17-10 08:29 AM
    I dont understand.. I'm with bell with the 9700.. using every function everyday.. never notice any slowdown or delay even on BBM... i have co-worker with rogers and telus and when I send them a bbm, they got it a few seconds later..

Is it because I'm going through a BES! ?
    It's because you are in Quebec. As I mentioned in my note, the problem is limited to Ontario and Alberta.

I'm on BES and in Ontario and had the problem. I have to see though it has been much better for the past few days.
    01-17-10 01:19 PM
    Hi all, I switched away from an Iden Curve 2 weeks ago and obviously the speeds between my new 9700 and old 8350i are night and day but one thing I have noticed is that BB App World almost always times out. I need to escape and go back in sometimes to download apps? I am north of Steeles in the GTA. I suppose in the heart of these network issues? Using BIS and BBM seems to work fine, as dfoes email but web and app world suck? Any suggestions? Running v5.0.0.344 (Platform 5.1.0.96)
    01-17-10 01:54 PM
    Have you tried the standard suggestion from Telus tech support which is a battery pull while the phone is still on. Give that a shot and see if it improves anything and if not try re-sending service books to your phone.
    01-22-10 04:49 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD