What is the best way to switch from my storm 1 to a new storm 2? Should I just use the dm to transfer all apps and info? Would that also transfer any issues that would cause a crash on my storm 1?
    01-12-10 12:31 PM
    You definitely want to back up your S1 apps with BBSAK, and do your own S1 DM backup before you attempt the device transfer. I'd also advise you upgrade the S2 to 5.0.0.428 before you do the transfer so you don't have to worry about losing any apps and settings.

Once you have everything backed up, just follow the normal device switch process through DM.
    01-12-10 01:01 PM
    You definitely want to back up your S1 apps with BBSAK, and do your own S1 DM backup before you attempt the device transfer. I'd also advise you upgrade the S2 to 5.0.0.428 before you do the transfer so you don't have to worry about losing any apps and settings.

Once you have everything backed up, just follow the normal device switch process through DM.
    Agreed.

What kind of crash were you experiencing? Just do the swap then if the error still is present wipe and reload your apps 1 by 1

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 01:05 PM

That's exactly what I did, including the update to .428...worked flawlessly. Good luck !!
    01-12-10 01:06 PM
    That's exactly what I did, including the update to .428...worked flawlessly. Good luck !!
    Yup, This is the best and safest way to do it!

If you have PIN registered Applications, be sure to go back to the site you bought them from and register your S2 PIN. You normally get a new activation code for the application so you can use it on your S2.
    01-12-10 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD