Pretty much as soon I as I received my S2 on the 29th, I installed the .428 leak. I also apologize if this has already been covered, but I couldn't find anything while searching. Anyways my issue is this....when I'm typing out a text and I hit the number key or "alt" key, there is a significant delay before those alternate characters pop up.

If I do a battery pull, the problem goes away and it works fine for a while. But then it'll start delaying, then a little longer...and it just gets progressively worse the longer I go without another battery pull. At this point I've gone 24 hours without a pull...and the delay has increased to about 3 seconds before the characters finally show up on the screen.

Anyone else experiencing this? Does this also happen with the stock OS (.320)? I'd hate to have to do 2 battery pulls a day, and I couldn't get QuickPull to work very well. Thanks in advance.
    01-11-10 10:53 AM
    I still have the stock OS (320), and have not experienced this issue.
    01-11-10 11:12 AM
    I haven't experienced a delay while doing that but I did get a delay when I would try to open up the SMS. I would try to open the message and nothing would happen until I would hit the back key. Then, I would try to open it again and it would work. This annoyed me too much so I went back to the 320 OS.
    01-11-10 12:24 PM
    yeah I get that REALLY bad... sometimes just the texting itself is lagged. I don't have a bunch of open stuff (normal 5 usually).
    01-11-10 01:37 PM
    I havent had any of these problems, but that maybe dur to I have MeterBerry set to do a device reset every morning at 05:15 which is the quasi same as pulling the battery and rebooting every morning. And I am running .428.
    01-11-10 03:15 PM
    Thanks for all the replies. I guess I'm going to have to revert to .320 for the time being. While I would love to buy and download meterberry so that I can make use of the scheduled reboots, my broke-a** has to really watch what I spend money on right now. I'd have kept quickpull installed, but every time I'd open the program I"d get a message saying I have to reboot in order to finish installing certain modules. *sigh* oh well...
    01-11-10 09:15 PM
    Doesn't it happen with 320 as well ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 11:16 PM
    Doesn't it happen with 320 as well ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm gonna say no. I reloaded .320 about 13 hours ago when I got home from work last night. I've been sending text messages throughout the evening. I just checked it now, and currently there is no delay when I hit the "num" key. With the .428 leak, I would notice the delay within a couple hours, and just get worse until I pulled the battery.
    01-12-10 10:37 AM
    Thanks for all the replies. I guess I'm going to have to revert to .320 for the time being. While I would love to buy and download meterberry so that I can make use of the scheduled reboots, my broke-a** has to really watch what I spend money on right now. I'd have kept quickpull installed, but every time I'd open the program I"d get a message saying I have to reboot in order to finish installing certain modules. *sigh* oh well...
    That is what QuickPull is supposed to do. When you activate it, it basically simulates a program install requiring a reboot. It will bring up the menu to reboot now or reboot later. If you have the current version of QuickPull, just let it stay on that screen, and it will select Reboot Now for you, and the phone will restart. It may take a few seconds.
    01-12-10 10:53 AM
    That is what QuickPull is supposed to do. When you activate it, it basically simulates a program install requiring a reboot. It will bring up the menu to reboot now or reboot later. If you have the current version of QuickPull, just let it stay on that screen, and it will select Reboot Now for you, and the phone will restart. It may take a few seconds.
    Okay, the whole "modules" thing makes sense now. It simulates a program install...good idea. However a couple days after I installed it, I scheduled it to reboot the phone at 3am. Thankfully I didn't have to work that next morning otherwise I would've been SOL. But I woke up sometime rather close to 10am and checked my phone. It had NOT rebooted, and was still on the screen which tells me "you must restart to finish installing modules blah blah blah" It was right then, that I realized this program was not going to do me any good.

It's alright though. Maybe someday (soon) when I'm not stuck in some god-forsaken DEAD END (not exaggerating) job, and actually making a decent wage...I'll be able to buy that meterberry program everyone here thinks so highly of....FML
    01-12-10 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD