I have a BB Storm 9530 for verizon and its my first BB i am so lost in the world of BB still haha..

The BB Currently has 4.7
    The phone is used for Email/Texting

Which OS Should i DL

Currently having issue of the BB unlocking itself about ever other minute and its draining battery
    01-11-10 10:52 AM
    Spend some time reading the OS folder. There is a wealth of information in there.

I recommend the 5.0.0.419 version, the best one yet. But, if you are not comfortable using a none Verizon released OS go with 5.0.0.328. This is the latest from Verizon. Lots of infomation in the OS section.
    01-11-10 10:56 AM
    if I were you I would install 5.0.0.328 as recommended above as that would be the most straight forward install.
    Verizon tech support should be able to do it for you in the store as well. Not sure if they charge for this service?
    01-11-10 12:23 PM
    if I were you I would install 5.0.0.328 as recommended above as that would be the most straight forward install.
    Verizon tech support should be able to do it for you in the store as well. Not sure if they charge for this service?
    Its free of charge here, you should be good.
    01-11-10 12:30 PM
    Moving to OS Discussion
    01-11-10 02:11 PM
    Resolved.
    Chose to go with OS .328
    Thank you all i am slowly figuring out this amazing world of BB
    01-11-10 03:24 PM
    Why not .419?
    01-11-10 09:34 PM
    Perhaps cos its not official.
    I must say, I had no issues with 328...
    The only reason I've upgraded is cos I'm addicted to loading the latest & greatest :-s

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 11:57 PM
    .419 is a official release just wasn't offered through verizon but from MTS which works on all storm 9530's. Blackberry makes the os's the carrier just choose whether to certify and offer it. Delete vender xml file and install on any 9530.
    01-12-10 02:31 AM
    I have a BB Storm 9530 for verizon and its my first BB i am so lost in the world of BB still haha..

The BB Currently has 4.7

Which OS Should i DL

Currently having issue of the BB unlocking itself about ever other minute and its draining battery
    The official release from your carrier. 5.0.328

Being very new to BB start there. I run 328 with zero issues.

01-12-10 03:54 AM
    Why not .419?
    If you are not familiar with the upgrade process .328 would simply be easier to install if your provider is Verizon.
    Once there you will enjoy all the new features and have time to learn more about the upgrade process by reading the forum and becoming familiar with it.
    Too many people have problems installing an unofficial OS due to not reading all the instructions and not paying attention b.c they are in a Hurry to get their phones to work.
    01-12-10 02:03 PM
    Welcome to BB.I will disagree with some ppl.Os.328 was good but had some memory issues,for some ppl.I think you should deffinately read up first as much as you can so you can get an idea and understanding of how the os works and then you can upgrade your Os.I would recommend .419 tho its the newest we all have as far as normal Os and not hybrid.hope you have fun with your new phone!
    01-12-10 08:23 PM
    Welcome to BB.I will disagree with some ppl.Os.328 was good but had some memory issues,for some ppl.I think you should deffinately read up first as much as you can so you can get an idea and understanding of how the os works and then you can upgrade your Os.I would recommend .419 tho its the newest we all have as far as normal Os and not hybrid.hope you have fun with your new phone!
    I am going to install 419.I am 43 years old and have been modding all kinds of electronics for years.I have been reading for days and absorbing as much info as possible.I am very confident that I can get it done without running into problems.What's the worse that can happen,I go back to an earlier OS?I think most people saying not to do it think that I might be a person who doesn't have much knowledge about electronics,but I am pretty good with it.
    01-12-10 08:54 PM

The BB Currently has 4.7

Which OS Should i DL

I also have the battery drain issue. I was on the road today and the battery was completely drained by 2:00, and i had it plugged in all night last night.

I also just installed .419. Lots of neat new features, but man even way more bugs. I'm sure I must have done something wrong, because most seem to lioke it. I was coming from .328 which I've had for the past month and it worked great. I want to try a hybrid, but it seems the info is spread out over this forum, and my laptop is making surfing a chore.

Don't let my experience with .419 deter you, but that battery drain issue is frustrating.
    01-13-10 06:13 PM
    I've upgraded to .419 and like it better than .328. Two key issues resolved for me - pop up keys and email links.

I haven't experienced any battery issues (but then I never have) and have only done 1 battery pull in a month.
    01-13-10 06:23 PM
    People always report terrible battery drain when they first install a new OS. For what ever reason this may be, give it some time, battery drain should come back to normal.
    01-14-10 03:03 PM
    IMO .419 is the way to go. For the longest time I ran .328 and got bored and thought I would try it and I was shocked! I gained 10mb of memory, all my leaks are gone. Dimming issue was fixed as well...

Now I can use different themes with absolutely no memory leak what so ever (not to mention there are no more white bars on the landscapes of older themes).... Kind of nice staring at meterberry throughout the day and it doesn't budge off of 36.0mb free!!!!!!!

I am also running a bunch of apps as well...
    01-14-10 03:39 PM
    I successfully installed .419 with no problems at all.Now I just need to get used to a Blackberry as I have never owned one.Thanks for all the input guys.
    01-14-10 08:14 PM
    To bypass the speed dial bug you need to use sure type not full keyboard in portrait mode. And only other bug that's real noticeable is the black lines in text threads to bypass this switch from bubbles to stripes or vice verse I forget.

01-15-10 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD