every since upgrading to the newly leaked .428 ive had a weird issue with texting. anytime i open a text messege and click in the space to type almost always will i get a menu pop up ..showing options to call person, mms , previous item, next item, next unopened item options..not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but if someone can help it would be appreciated.

ps. as i was typing this i realized the menu popping up is the same menu if you are in text and press blackberry key..but i know im not touching that when i go to click in the text feild.
    01-10-10 05:34 PM
    try doing at memory clean....it in the security options
    01-10-10 05:59 PM
    nope still does it
    01-10-10 06:22 PM
    mine does this as well, not all the time just happens periodicaly.
    01-10-10 06:27 PM
    it didnt happen with .320 but i started to notice it when i upgraded to the .428 leak.. i guess this is a bug, not sure if other people are noticing it..
    01-10-10 06:31 PM
    this menu pops up sometimes when i go into a text message! not while in it or typing.
    01-10-10 06:48 PM
    yup it happens to me as well. I am guessing it is a glitch and hopefully will not happen in the next leaked OS.
    01-10-10 07:05 PM
    Yeah it happens to me as well. Not enough for me to downgrade back to .320 though haha
    01-10-10 07:12 PM
    It's definitely a leak bug. Mine started doing it periodically when I first open some text messages. You can either downgrade or wait for the next leak to see if it's still there.
    01-10-10 07:26 PM
    is there a way to open up the sms, and select the part you want to copy.? What i mean is why don't when I touch the text why isnt copy already in the menu ? Why do I have to select then go back to menu and click copy?
    01-10-10 08:19 PM
    Ya I had an issue on mine so I went to the reg os

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 08:46 PM
    I have a different issues, and haven't pointed it out (or searched), but wondering if others have this.

Every once in awhile (I don't know the conditions that cause it) I will get a new text, but I can not open it. I end up having to pull the battery (the only way I've found to fix this) and rebooting to get it to work. I haven't tried running Quickpull.. but if I remember next time I'll try that first.
    01-11-10 08:38 AM
    Same to me, a work around is to hit the keyboard button at the bottom left of the tool bar. Prevents the menu from popping up everytime.
    01-11-10 08:42 AM
    I have a different issues, and haven't pointed it out (or searched), but wondering if others have this.

Every once in awhile (I don't know the conditions that cause it) I will get a new text, but I can not open it. I end up having to pull the battery (the only way I've found to fix this) and rebooting to get it to work. I haven't tried running Quickpull.. but if I remember next time I'll try that first.

well i havent had it with text but i have had that with bbm, where i cant open the chat im in, i have to either reboot my phone or end the chat with the person and click there name to open up a new chat which loses the messeges they sent. i think i had this issue with the stock os and this one. might be a bbm issue. but i guess the problems are similar..hopefully new os comes out and fixes some of these
    01-11-10 06:52 PM
    search the forum for a prior thread -- people have tried different things without success.
    01-11-10 07:39 PM
    I have never had this happen, but everytime i open a next sms I begin to type away and i then realize that my cursor was in the actual text of the sms, not in the slot to begin typing. Not a huge deal, and maybe this is how its supposed to be, but its kinda aggrevating.
    01-11-10 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD