Ive had my storm just under a year (March will be 1 year) and basically one of the corners just seemed to have died on me and wont click anymore. Anyone know their replacement policy?
    01-10-10 01:40 PM
    from what I have just experienced with Telus and my broken USB port you have a full year! Just make sure you have it backed up and pay them $28.. Must be at a Telus authourized service provider.
    01-10-10 09:57 PM
    Go into a store and they will order you a replacement unit. Usually takes 3-10 days.
    @eaganman.....what is the $28 for? I've never had to pay for replacements
    01-10-10 10:13 PM
    I can vouch for the above. My screen stopped clicking properly on one corner and we replaced it for free with no problems. Then the replacement has a screen that's drooping and contacting the green call button. Another phone on it's way with no problem.

There is no charge. However, in the case of eaganman, it's possible that this was an ESN swap charge ($25+tax) or that it was a shipping charge for something that was partially attributed to user error.
    01-11-10 01:05 AM
    So far I have replaced my Storm 4 times since the end of April and have not been charged anything at the store. I believe if Telus updated their software to Version 5 most of my problems would have been solved instead of replacing the unit.
    01-11-10 08:55 AM
    So far I have replaced my Storm 4 times since the end of April and have not been charged anything at the store. I believe if Telus updated their software to Version 5 most of my problems would have been solved instead of replacing the unit.
    Yea mines not software really, just a corners dieing. I stuck a cut out of a gum package there for the mean time and its working fine now.
    01-11-10 02:19 PM
    Lenerdosy, contact your Telus dealer. Its definitely something that is considered a warranty issue. Its how I got my current replacement. And trust me, its a huge difference typing on my current one. So much easier.

The corner that stopped clicking on mine was the corner above the red end button. Made it difficult to press the shift key on that side in portrait mode, etc. The problem if you don't take it in is that if you end up pressing too hard to get it to respond, you could end up breaking the screen.

Definitely worth arranging the exchange. And there should be no charge for this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Krypto; 01-11-10 at 04:47 PM.
    01-11-10 04:40 PM
    Here's my Telus experience;

Started having an issue with my screen the old multi touch problem. Touch the screen on the left and icons light up on the right. Unable to scroll, type without multiple selections or letters typed. in other words the digitizer or main board is toast. Seems to be a common problem on when searched on this forum.
    1) Called Telus to find out what could be done and was told that I was still under warranty and that all I had to do was to take it to one of the stores and they would send it out for repair.
    2) Took it in to PCS Wireless and for $28.00 they sent it to their repair partner as they put it for repair. I received the phone back in two weeks with it formated and with the latest OS installed .713 which we all know has a terrible robot voice issue on the phone. The issue was still not fixed.
    3) Took the phone back to PCS two days later with the same problem and for an additional $28.00 they sent it away again. This time it came back with clear protection stickers on the top and bottom black plastic cover pieces and a clear plastic tear off over the screen. Funny but the PCS rep mentioned, when i indicated that maybe they had replaced the screen, that they probably put on the plastic for effect!
    4) Took the phone back the next morning with the very same problem only worse now because they had adjusted the screen (the drooping top left side issue) and now it was twice as sensitive but with the same multi selection issue. PCS Rep then gave me the Telus Loyalty phone number and told me to call and demand a new phone!
    5) Called the Loyalty hot line and talked to a rep and i was pissed. My options were to take it back a third time as (and i quote) according to the rep "the third time is the charm and this time I should receive a new phone". Should being the operative word. I told him that i would not except the phone back if it wasn't. My other option was to accept promotional pricing on a new and different phone! Needless to say I was not happy and opted for the replacement. If it's not brand new then it will be going back also.
    6) Took the phone back to PCS with the updated information from the loyalty people so they put "New Phone Required" on the work order. Oh and I had to pay an additional $28.00 for the return. That's 84.00 and I don't have any indication whether or not it will be a new or referb phone.

Still waiting to see what shows up?

PS: It should also be noted that multiple times I was told by PCS that they were not telus and that they could not take care of the problem by just giving me a new phone through them even though they have a very large sign on the store and behind the counter that is spelled T E L U S. That really pissed me off. I mean just give me a new phone and charge back Telus for your trouble. The fact that it was bought on line and not at a store should have nothing to do with it and they, as the Telus Representative should have the authority to take matters into their own hands and satisfy a Telus customer. Its not like it took it to the Rogers or Bell store for Christ sake.
    11-15-10 07:14 PM
    The problem with Telus is they have very few corporate stores and if it was bought from Telus' website it has to be taken back to Telus corporate retail location for more options for the customer. Most Telus stores are currently privately owned like franchises, so they usually hate to take a hit especially if the phone was not bought from them
    11-20-10 07:10 PM
    Telus out west (BC, AB, MB) is lousy because as far as I know there are NO corporate stores, therefore no official presence and you cannot go to the telus mobility offices anymore since 3 years ago so you're SOL, and JWF. Sounds like a pretty lousy experience you're having there.

I've got a guy i take it to locally for all my cell phone needs as i'd rather pay him the $84.00 or whatever once then go back forth 3 friggin times.
    11-21-10 02:24 AM
    Bottom line if your going to call your franchise �The Telus Store� then you better be prepared to suck it up and offer the Telus customer proper service. I can't believe that the owner would not have an agreement to include being reimbursed for service issues. I drive a ford truck still under warrenty and I can take that truck to any of the ford dealerships for repair.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-10 10:51 AM
    Got my S2 back yesterday and loaded the latest, greatest .1015 Verizon onto it and so far so good. Funny but it seems laggyer and or slower than the Storm 1 I was using as a replacement for the past few weeks.

Its the same phone but they replaced the outer shell, and probably the screen as there is no digitizer issue like before so far (keeping fingers crossed). The screen does sit level and is even a bit higher than the bottom plastic cover but that has no ill effect.

Hard to say if they actually replaced the screen (noticed that when the plastic screen protector was removed it looked exceptionally clean which was different then the last time) because there is really no evidence of that and they will not tell you what was done to the phone. Odd but what ever as long as the screen now recognizes where I'm torching it (did I just say Torching i meant touching HEHEhee.....).
    12-03-10 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD