Just wanted to know how many people felt the same way the bold is an amazing phone
    we are nationwide sold out here in canada a year and a half after its release
    When do you think rim will make a phone that will top the bold ?
    Probably dakota/magnum until then

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 11:48 AM
    The bold is definitely an awesome phone, the 9700 would be great if it didn't loose the three speakers for music or video playback...

Of course they will come out with something better, cooler and more awesome...that's what they do...make newer and more appealing devices...with more features and capabilities. For some, the 9700 is a more appealing device due to the size.

01-10-10 12:23 PM
    For some, the 9700 is a more appealing device due to the size.
    for some perhaps... but I think most will say the size is the drawback.
    what is BOLD about a smaller device?
    this phone is perfect for my large man hands... i cant type a word without 6 extra letters on any other BB. lol
    01-10-10 12:55 PM
    The 9000 is the best handheld ever in my hands. Perfect it is not. But still my fave. Until more memory and better screen come in the same size this one is here to stay for me.

01-10-10 01:55 PM
    i have had mine for almost 2 years now. it has been the best phone i have used for a long time. functionality is absolutely wonderful. call clarity/speakers are an A+.no doubt it is still appraised as rim's flagship device. it exceeds the smartphone platform.
    01-10-10 10:16 PM
    I still think the 9000 is the flagship. You still
    see it everywhere compared to the 9700.
    I have the 9700 and 9000, only things I liked
    about the 9700 was its performance, trackpad,
    and other goodies. But I went back to my 9000
    today cause I miss having the big BB feeling and
    screen!!

Plus IMHO the 9000 still looks way more professional
    and ppl notice it right away instead of trying to figure
    out the 9700, thinking its a Curve or a Tour in your hand lol
    01-10-10 10:48 PM
    Tell me about it. I've had my bold for a week now and you couldn't tell me it wasn't the greatest device ever created. I use it for EVERYTHING. And I mean that in every way. Phone, internet, GPS, games, Business(especially!) and soo much more. Bold is here to stay.
    01-11-10 12:00 AM
    Tell me about it. I've had my bold for a week now and you couldn't tell me it wasn't the greatest device ever created. I use it for EVERYTHING. And I mean that in every way. Phone, internet, GPS, games, Business(especially!) and soo much more. Bold is here to stay.
    He!! yeah, its a powerhouse! Now if they packed
    everything in from my 9700 without the small size
    it be even better.
    01-11-10 12:03 AM
    I have both..just got my 9700 4 days ago. Before getting 9700 I was excited about higher resolution, faster cpu, more ram, 3.2mp cam w/ auto-focus, tmo 3g!!! And wifi w/UMA (my 9000 was unlocked for tmobile so couldn't get uma or use the 3g, and the best part the TRACKPAD!!!!

I always had trackball issues where it would stop scrolling down and was a pain in the *** to fix all the time. Everyone I know with 9000 has same trackball issues. Trackpad and this keyboard is the best EVER. I really thought smaller size would suck since I love 9000 size..BUT

The 9700 is the best BB EVER!!! Only thing ima use outta my 9000 is the battery!! Lol it works with 9700 so now I have a spare. Ill prob never need it since 9700 battery lasts 2x as long ATLEAST. Battery life is unbelievable and a dream come true. The 9700 is soooo smooth when manuevering around with the trackpad...so crisp and soft. All of you who still love the 9000 I dare you to give the new Bold a try..you will NOT look back, trust me! And I was as big a 9000 lover as you can get!!

-@j0hnnyv

01-11-10 12:38 AM
    I love it, closest thing to a laptop I've ever had.

Can't wait for a REAL Bold replacement.
    01-11-10 01:03 AM
    I love it, closest thing to a laptop I've ever had.

Can't wait for a REAL Bold replacement.
    I agree completely. I will stay with my bold until we get something with the 5.0 OS with the bold size
    01-11-10 04:33 AM
    The 9700 is not a Bold replacement, but rather it's there to fill a void until they drop the real Bold replacement.

01-12-10 06:18 AM
    go to the blackberry.com website, after that click on what ever country you want the first device you will see appear is RIM's new flagship Device, and tell me what that is. The device at its new fore front, and what will be their flagship phone for at least the next year. Now I know its hard to accept but just let it go. The current Flagship Device is not your 9000.

here is the link by the way (Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com).

Now yes the Bold 9000 was a great device no doubt about it, and is still a great device hence the release of the White Bold, and the camerless Bold underway, but it is no longer RIM's Flagship as Most Die Hard 9000 users want to believe. And i do agree with the poster above me the 9700 is by no means a 9000 replacement as it was never designed to be, its an addition to the Bold line.
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 01-12-10 at 06:39 AM.
    01-12-10 06:36 AM
    I love my 9700, but I also loved my 9000. The speakers were a lot better on the 9000, but everything else on the 9700 is a lof better. I thought it would take some time getting use to the optical track pad and the size, but ater a few days everything seems normal.
    01-12-10 10:10 AM
    It is not RIM's flagship anymore but no doubt it is a great smartphone. It is the best handheld device I've ever had.
    01-12-10 10:28 AM
    go to the blackberry.com website, after that click on what ever country you want the first device you will see appear is RIM's new flagship Device, and tell me what that is. The device at its new fore front, and what will be their flagship phone for at least the next year. Now I know its hard to accept but just let it go. The current Flagship Device is not your 9000.

here is the link by the way (Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com).

Now yes the Bold 9000 was a great device no doubt about it, and is still a great device hence the release of the White Bold, and the camerless Bold underway, but it is no longer RIM's Flagship as Most Die Hard 9000 users want to believe. And i do agree with the poster above me the 9700 is by no means a 9000 replacement as it was never designed to be, its an addition to the Bold line.
    To be fair, why would they keep an older phone on the front page on their site? They want to sell phones. A flagship model does not mean newest, either. IMO, the 9000 is still the Flagship model. The 9700 is great, but it did not improve in all areas, and even went down in a couple. That is why, IMO, the 9000 is still the Flagship model.

EDIT: There are currently 4 phones on the "front page" of BB NA, further disputing the "front page" model does not equal Flagship.

EDIT #2 : Click "Smartphones" on that front page. Guess what model is top of the list... Yup, 9000. Even above the 9700. Just a coincidence perhaps, more poking fun with that tidbit. (Yes, the list is alphabetical and then goes by the lower model number, so it means nothing. )
    Last edited by Blacklac; 01-12-10 at 12:00 PM.
    01-12-10 11:42 AM
    It is not RIM's flagship anymore but no doubt it is a great smartphone. It is the best handheld device I've ever had.
    completely agree

d
    01-12-10 11:46 AM
    The 9000 is the best device I have had to date. I really love the speakers and the picture quality when playing videos. Yes the 9700 might be a better device in some areas but the 9000 surpasses it in others, size being one. it feels so good in my hands.
    01-12-10 01:25 PM
    The 9000 is the best device I have had to date. I really love the speakers and the picture quality when playing videos. Yes the 9700 might be a better device in some areas but the 9000 surpasses it in others, size being one. it feels so good in my hands.
    The 9000 is a BA device, I'm using it right now as I speak, and yes the 9700 does walk right past it in performance. My main concern is whats gonna happen when the Bold 3 comes out, will this will be long gone and forgotten, for all I know so will the 9700.
    So I MAY go back to my 9700, just cause its fast, hate the size, but whatever. Tired of waiting on ATT to push out their own 5.0
    for the 9000.
    RIM needs to hurry up with the Dakota!!!
    01-12-10 09:16 PM
    Just returned my 9700 on my way to work this afternoon and have reverted back to my 9000, the true Bold IMHO. Although I really appreciated the upgraded features of the 9700 I just could not adjust to the smaller size and found myself making frequent text errors etc. 9000 it is until something better suited to my needs comes along.
    01-12-10 09:47 PM
    Just returned my 9700 on my way to work this afternoon and have reverted back to my 9000, the true Bold IMHO. Although I really appreciated the upgraded features of the 9700 I just could not adjust to the smaller size and found myself making frequent text errors etc. 9000 it is until something better suited to my needs comes along.
    When I first got it I did the exact same thing with the typing.
    But for some reason I feel like if I dont keep up with the latest
    I'm going to miss out on something. Im just hoping the next is
    big again like the 9000...
    01-12-10 09:52 PM
    When I first got it I did the exact same thing with the typing.
    But for some reason I feel like if I dont keep up with the latest
    I'm going to miss out on something. Im just hoping the next is
    big again like the 9000...
    I agree with you Macneil. I like the size of the 9000. I did look at the 9700 but I got such a good price on a HUP that I could not pass it up. I like to have the latest myself but coming from an 8310 Curve, this device is so optimum for me.
    01-12-10 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD