Somehow on Friday night while replying to an email my phone suddenly restarted
    and after a 10 minute reboot threw up an Error 507 (No OS). I have no idea why

I was too tired to deal with reinstalling the OS so I didn't. Saturday I was very
    busy (breakfast with my little guy, Mass, brunch with my best friend, grocery
    shopping and various errands) so I never got around to it until about 9:00pm.

Honestly, I did not miss not having the phone. In fact, I truly enjoyed NOT
    having the phone.

To all the self proclaimed addicts I highly recommend ditching the phone for a
    day (or as I do, the entire 5 weeks I am on vacation). .

Trust me, you will not break out in hives, get the shakes, get phantom vibes,
    or any other nonsense like that. I never thought about
    the phone until about an hour and a half after I got home
    01-10-10 04:09 AM
    My girlfriend would love for me to do that. Maybe that will be her Valentine's gift this year. I'm a pretty bad addict though its like 5am and I'm up posting in Crackberry from my BB. However I do have a sorta excuse but it might make me sound worse. Was up all night fussing with my pc. It was fubar and I have to run all kinds of test and do some serious clean up. I'm a pc tech during the day but I tend to neglect my home PCs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 04:18 AM
    i dont know what i would do without my phone. i rely on it too much for work and play. i would be lost.
    01-10-10 04:39 AM
    I hear you PK, I am an professionally an Accountant. Monthly I reconcile 56 various
    bank accounts, investment accounts, Tax Collector and Town Clerk receipts but I
    never balance my own checkbook.

Don't wait until Valentine's day. Do it for her now because you love her and you don't
    need a "Hallmark day" to show her.
    01-10-10 04:40 AM
    i dont know what i would do without my phone. i rely on it too much for work and play. i would be lost.
    Completely understandable, but man it was so nice to be unplugged for a day.
    No email, no BBM, no Yahoo IM, no calls, etc... I really did enjoy the day more
    without it.
    01-10-10 04:45 AM
    Completely understandable, but man it was so nice to be unplugged for a day.
    No email, no BBM, no Yahoo IM, no calls, etc... I really did enjoy the day more
    without it.
    Same here.. My BB died New Years weekend so I had to wait till Tuesday for my replacement. Being that I send over a hundred emails and way over a hundred texts daily, not even counting AIM/Facebook/Twitter, I felt insanely disconnected from the world lol.. BUT.. I accomplished so much in that time because I was disconnected.. I felt rather unburdened as I did not have to check my BB every minute lol..
    01-10-10 05:05 AM
    I did it for a week. However I wasn't completely excluded. I used my flip-phone that doesn't do anything else bit make phone calls and send text messages. It was liberating the first three days, but after that, I starting to really miss my smartphone. I didn't like putting my appointments on a paper calendar. Or writing out my tasks lists. Messaging is atrocious on a flip-phone. The only positive was that I was talking more instead of texting. We may all need to cut down a little bit, but the world around us has changed. We can no longer get away with not being connected.

01-10-10 05:38 AM
    I second that

01-10-10 06:36 AM

I was too tired to deal with reinstalling the OS so I didn't. Saturday I was very

having the phone.

12k+ posts and still you manage to ditch the phone for more than 5 weeks??? amazing!
    01-10-10 08:12 AM
    I did this for a day n I survived but I didn't like it. No cyber-world @ the tips of my fingers. No internet/email/sms/ & all the things I love. Nope I'm keeping my BB right next to me! DON'T MESS WITH MY BB!

01-10-10 10:56 AM
    I find it funny that the "addicts", can't live a day without their phones.
    Granted when I first got mine, the unlimited texting and the keyboard were kinda nice and different. But I often go a day or more without shaking, just doing my daily stuff. I think I'd be more lost of I didn't have a watch on me.

I have had to pull it out to get phone numbers or addresses, but I don't count those times, unless I use the phone to make a call. Well come to think of it I do pop it out to check Google maps when looking for a business or directions to an address. Oh and it comes in handy when I forget or see something interesting coming on TV, and just tell the Tivo app to schedule a recording (if I don't have access to a computer at the time).

I'm with AG on vacation time. Will often leave the hotel/house with just a debit card, ID and my car keys and if the world comes to and end while I'm without my phone, oh well... who is going to be around to even notice?
    01-10-10 11:24 AM
    I'm a pc tech during the day but I tend to neglect my home PCs.

I did the same thing to my cars when I was a mechanic. After working on everyone else's vehicles the last thing I wanted to do was work on mine...
    01-10-10 11:28 AM
    I did the same thing to my cars when I was a mechanic. After working on everyone else's vehicles the last thing I wanted to do was work on mine...
    Unfortunately for me, I have OCD, so I have to have it in perfect condition. Honestly though, I can't remember the last time my personal systems were ever messed up.

On a side note... It's people like you AG that make RIM think it's OK to have data outages.
    01-10-10 11:41 AM
    On a side note... It's people like you AG that make RIM think it's OK to have data outages.

Lmao! That was good...
    01-10-10 11:47 AM
    I made myself go through a digital cleansing for a week. No Blackberry, facebook, twitter, internet. It wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. It helped me scale back my ocd. I dont have to check my bb every two minutes now. I dont know how long it will last
    01-10-10 12:12 PM
    FTR I WAS able to get my PC running good again. Had to do some MAJOR cleanup and monkey around a bit in msconfig, BUT all is well.
    01-10-10 12:21 PM

Forget not having the phone. Dude, you ate breakfast and still had brunch??
    01-10-10 12:54 PM
    Now that's just wrong

Forget not having the phone. Dude, you ate breakfast and still had brunch??
    Maybe I should have phrased that differently. I had coffee and a bagel, the little
    guy ate half the refrigerator
    01-10-10 02:16 PM
    Maybe I should have phrased that differently. I had coffee and a bagel, the little
    LMAO! I have the same problem now that my "little guy" is almost 15. I can't seem to keep enough food in the refrigerator! I'm thinking of opening an account at the Subway for him - the only fast food place out where we live.

I did without my device for a day in December when I dropped it in one of my horse's water tanks. It took half a day to recover it. I felt cut off and isolated, but it wasn't so bad because I was able to catch up a bunch of "Honey Do's." However with two teenagers and a wife who loves facebook, I almost never get computer time and rely on my 9700 for most of my browsing.

01-10-10 02:43 PM

Yeah I think you're the only person aside from me that doesn't eat breakfast.
    That's why what you typed caught me off guard. Now go have your 19 cups
    of coffee
    01-10-10 03:11 PM

having the phone.

Lol I already have phantom vibes even when my phone is functional. Keep feeling the damn thing vibrate bit to no avail. Nothing. No texts, calls, or email.

Maybe I need help...

01-10-10 03:17 PM
    I did without my device for a day in December when I dropped it in one of my horse's water tanks. It took half a day to recover it. I felt cut off and isolated, but it wasn't so bad because I was able to catch up a bunch of "Honey Do's." However with two teenagers and a wife who loves facebook, I almost never get computer time and rely on my 9700 for most of my browsing.
    Same here I finished everything around the house that I promised to do and even washed the cars then waxed/polished all by hand. I was freaking amazed by all that I did and a tad disappointed that my phone is such a big part of my life as it's like always being tied to it.. When I get home I check my work emails and browse on my phone. I have never posted to facebook from a computer except when I signed up lol. I just built another computer for the fun and love of it but it sees no use from me.

I would def recommend everyone try to go without the phone for a day or at least shut it off. My phone crapping out on my taught me a valuable lesson...
    01-10-10 03:19 PM
    when my bb breaks down I have to fix it right away
    01-10-10 05:33 PM
    I can't go a day without my icarly.com newsletter
    01-10-10 06:26 PM
    when my bb breaks down I have to fix it right away
    Normally I would too but I know myself well enough to know there are some
    things I should not do when I am tired.
    01-10-10 06:39 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD