I noticed that on Seidios website the charging dock from them is now available. The difference between the OEM and the Seidio of course is that with their dock you can charge with a case or extended battery on the phone without taking it off. Glad it is finally out.
    01-09-10 10:51 PM
    I noticed that on Seidios website the charging dock from them is now available. The difference between the OEM and the Seidio of course is that with their dock you can charge with a case or extended battery on the phone without taking it off. Glad it is finally out.
    I am as well, just got my extended life battery. I ordered the dock yesterday, will post about it when it arrives.
    01-09-10 11:01 PM
    Do let us know how this pod is superior to the OEM one. I just ordered their extended battery and would like to see if I should change to the Seidio one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 02:09 AM
    Hi, ordered the seidio about a week and half ago, due to holidays just got it 2 days ago.

So far it is really nice, I had the OEM one as well for the S2

If you had the S1 Seidio cradle charger you won't notice a huge difference. Actually little to no difference.

Size is the only difference to accommodate the new the S2 size

And instead of that off blue or whatever the charger is now Black

Nothing new. Looks nice works with my Innocase I got for it at the same time.

Have had 1 issue unsure if it is related, notice every now and then the phone while charging in the cradle pops up with an error, something like the USB.... is not sufficient enough to charge the phone... ? Don't know what that means I just had to pull the phone off the charger and set it back down problem solved.

Kind of odd but I think it might be something with my phone not so much the charger.

Overall highly recommended for anyone with a case (pretty much) and I'm sure you extended battery people.

DARN LED GREEN LIGHT IS STILL BRIGHT AS HECK THOUGH! Had to put a piece of black electrical tape over it because I need to use the thing as a alarm clock and the LED will shine right in my eyes.

Hope everyone likes it as much as I do
    01-10-10 02:57 AM
    DARN LED GREEN LIGHT IS STILL BRIGHT AS HECK THOUGH! Had to put a piece of black electrical tape over it because I need to use the thing as a alarm clock and the LED will shine right in my eyes.
    That's funny, I was wondering about that myself. And I told myself it was too bright I would fix it the exact same way, haha.

Do you ever find that it does not charge the phone the entire way? Just curious if something like that would be the reason for the insufficient usb charge power or whatever the exact term was, lol
    01-10-10 06:38 AM
    I am surprised that Seidio didn't consider the green light issue. Its a big turnoff for all those who use the bedside mode. Is Seidio listening?

01-10-10 07:48 AM
    Could anyone tell me if this would work with the otterbox commuter case?
    01-10-10 10:31 AM
    Got mine about a week ago as well - my impressions so far:

has a flat black finish similar to the extended battery cover - which I like - the S1 pod seems to have a bluish color

I agree that the green light is too bright - I am planning to use a piece of limo tint I had laying around to dim it considerably

charges fully with no issues as of yet - no error messeges (wondering if that is caused by connecting it to a computer usb)

for those with just a skin (I have the IS full body) it fits nicely - snug the first time I tried, but perfect now

I haven't gotten around to ordering an otter box yet so not sure about the fit - it has an insert that you can remove like for the S1, but it's gonna depend on how thick those things are

overall its a great item and functions as you would expect. Asthetically, the flat black is a much better combination

pics show the S2 on the left and the S1 pic has the SEIDIO extended case (no S1)
    01-10-10 11:15 AM
    YMMV, but I've found that the 'insufficient usb ...' error was caused by the S2 (with the Innocase on it) not being firmly enough seated in the dock. If I just press it down a bit to seat it firmly, the error message disappears.
    01-10-10 09:11 PM
    Yep I found that to be the same issue. Just didn't have time to post. That is one thing I noticed a difference between this one and the S1 cradle. This one requires a bit more placement to get it to sit correctly. Not a big deal obviously. Just noticed.

01-10-10 09:27 PM
    Before I bite the bullet and buy it (I've already ordered the extended battery and clip from Seidio), can someone enlighten me as to the following:
    1) Does the "insufficient usb..." pop up even when charging from power (not from usb slot of computer), and
    2) Does the supplied OEM charger (microUSB v2) fit the pod?
    Thanks .....
    01-10-10 11:40 PM
    Before I bite the bullet and buy it (I've already ordered the extended battery and clip from Seidio), can someone enlighten me as to the following:
    1) Does the "insufficient usb..." pop up even when charging from power (not from usb slot of computer), and
    2) Does the supplied OEM charger (microUSB v2) fit the pod?
    Thanks .....

Okay GREAT PRODUCT. HAHA I was going to do the 2 comparison photos. Thanks saved me some time lol.

1. No It doesn't popup It was right when I first got it so I hadn't pushed the phone down all the way so there was full contact to charge it. Don't worry about that stupid fluke on my part.

2. Yes supplied charger does fit it. Actually you need to have the OEM charger in order to power it unless you use a USB, or you buy the kit with the charger in it or third party.

2.1 IF I understand right by v2 do you mean the S2 charger because as far as I know the S2 charger and S1 charger are identical.

The product is great don't worry about popup for insufficient power that was all me.

Goodluck Hope you Enjoy it if you get it.
    01-10-10 11:58 PM
    @speedyV .. thanks for the clarification! Looks like I'm gonna go for it!
    01-11-10 12:57 AM
    Has anybody had a chance to try the cradle with the Otterbox Commuter case yet?
    01-19-10 02:45 AM
    Has anybody had a chance to try the cradle with the Otterbox Commuter case yet?
    I would love to know the answer to this question too!
    01-19-10 11:33 AM
    i really want to know if it will fit with an Epik Case.
    01-19-10 12:23 PM
    I got it and I love it.
    01-19-10 10:37 PM
    how easy is it to plug in and unplug the device into the cradle? does it slide right in or does it off the same type or resistance as plugging in the usb cable? Can you just lift the phone out of the cradle without holding the base?

I'm just curious since i'm used to my previous 8900 cradle where you could literally just drop the phone in there.
    01-20-10 05:19 PM
    Is anyone having issues with the innocase and the dock? I got mine recently and it when the phone is in the case, it doesn't seem to make the proper connection to the dock. Also, I've made sure to remove the insert from the dock. It seems like the case is too long. So the corners on each side prevent it from sitting flush with the dock.

The first image shows just the top half of the case on the charger. It is sitting flush. The second shows the both halves of the case on the charge, and it doesnt' sit flush.
    02-11-10 11:23 AM
    I'm using both the OEM pod and the Seidio one, since I got the OEM cheap off a friend. My BB slides into the OEM pod real smoothly.
    As far as the Seidio one is concerned, they sent me the cradle without the removable attachment, which I need since I have an 'unskinned' Storm2. When I emailed them, they did send it to me, though by USPS First Class Mail, not Fedex, with whom they'd sent the original package. Anyway, my two bits:
    1- I find that the BB doesn't slide into the Seidio cradle as smoothly as it does in the OEM one.
    2- I've taped the green light since it disturbs me when in the bedside mode.
    3- When I look for shipping options on purchase, I only get the Fedex option for shipping to India. But when Seidio sent me the missing removable attachment, it was by USPS First Class. Why can't Seidio give the USPS option for shipping? Fedex shipping to India is expensive.
    My 2c.
    02-11-10 10:02 PM
    Is anyone having issues with the innocase and the dock? I got mine recently and it when the phone is in the case, it doesn't seem to make the proper connection to the dock. Also, I've made sure to remove the insert from the dock. It seems like the case is too long. So the corners on each side prevent it from sitting flush with the dock.

The first image shows just the top half of the case on the charger. It is sitting flush. The second shows the both halves of the case on the charge, and it doesnt' sit flush.
    Yeah same here. With the Innocase II, my Storm 2 barely fits and doesn't make good contact- sometimes triggering the insufficient "USB charge" or mostly not charging at all. With the bottom half of the innocase off, it fits. I emailed their tech support and I'm waiting on a response. This is without the adpater in place. On another note, it fits my Storm 1 that's also in an Innocase II perfectly, without playing games to fit. The model on the charger states its for a 9550.
    02-28-10 12:51 PM
    I'm having the same issue as Darius. Anyone have any further tips?

04-03-10 02:49 AM
    Ok guys, here's my experience.

I'm on my second Seidio cradle.
    First one returned within warranty period because the rear usb female port broke off and was rattling around inside the base. They replaced it.

So now I'm out of warrantly and the same thing has happened.

This time I was able to retrieve the female port and much to my suprise it was held in place on the bottom of the recepticle with two small adsives/glued spots. The inside of the base is hollow. So I glued it and put it back into place but when I attempted to insert my charge cable it broke loose.

Poor design. So I'm about to pry off the recepticle on the cradle so I can invert my Storm2 and use it as a dumb cradle and plug in the charging cable on the other side.

Anyone else have this issue with the recepticle breaking off?

TIa
    05-13-11 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD