i dont really know what is going on, but i woke up this morning to find that my phone had turned itself off again. this happens a lot and it usually just turns itself back on, but this time when the hourglass shows up to turn itself on, it just shuts back off, and that red light turns on. and it does this repeatedly so i cant do anything with it. what shall i do?
    06-02-08 09:30 AM
    First thing to try is the ol' "Battery Pull." Take your battery out for a few minutes, and then replace. A lot of times, this fixes all the little things that drive us nuts. If you've already done so, be patient, I'm sure someone has come accross this at one time or another.
    06-02-08 12:47 PM
    haha yeah that totally didnt work. it seems that the thing doesnt load at all, because it'll go ten seconds of hourglass and then shut off only to try to turn itself on again and repeat. it's really strange. apparently according to a friend that actually works for blackberry i'm the only one of his friends that has any problems with a blackberry phone. i think i will be getting a new phone soon.
    06-02-08 03:01 PM
    First thing to try is the ol' "Battery Pull." Take your battery out for a few minutes, and then replace. A lot of times, this fixes all the little things that drive us nuts.
    Yeah, BB's are like PC's they need a reboot every now and again. I didn't know this the first week I got mine and I contacted cust. support for T-Mob. when the data connection went down. Now battery pulls are just part of the weekly ritual.
    06-03-08 07:49 PM
    your bb could be nuked. search the threads for nuked berry and you should come up with something. follow the directions and hopefully you bb will be working in no time
    06-04-08 03:31 PM
    Could be a low memory issue. Go to Options > Status, tell us what you have for File Free.
    06-04-08 03:41 PM
    Hey im having same kind of problem and im getting tired of going to the phone store... this is honestly my 5th blackberry in less then 3 years and its getting ridiculous i cant afford to keep replacing these things... does anyone have any luck with them?? Mine will work if its plugged into my laptop.. but if i plug it into wall or just have it unplugged if i leave it sitting for exactly 1 minute idle it shuts off and reboots...any thoughts??
    03-10-10 07:58 AM
    Mine has been doing this for about a month. Battery pull was working but now its not. Sunday it took an hour for the thing to come back on. As of right this second mine is off & the red light is on. It doesn't seem to be coming back this time.

Tech support told me to update the OS, I did still shut off. Then they told me buy a new $50 battery. Not trying that one. Then they had me call#228 & have the phone reactivated, didn't work.

If the phone doesn't come back up I have to get a new one & cant wait until May 11th for our 2 yr upgrade.

I cant afford a new phone every 1.5yrs so now I'm leery to get another berry if this seems to be happening to ALOT of people. I might have to just have them transfer service to my old razr b/c a new phone isn't financially an option.
    03-10-10 10:22 AM
    Almost certain it's an app (I'd give that about 30%), or a battery. $50 is way extreme.

MegaCapacity.com

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 10:43 PM
    I been having problems with my pearl, for weeks

keeps shutting down, freezing,

how do i fix this ? i am lock in for 3 year contract.
    03-19-10 11:43 AM
    Have you upgraded to the latest OS, to see if that solved it?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/newe...nguage-413149/
    03-19-10 09:02 PM
    I replaced the battery & it hasn't messed up since. I found a cheap one for $12.99 that even had free shipping.
    05-14-10 10:59 AM
    my blackberry turned off randomly,

It wont turn back on. however the red light flashes when its either plugged in or not. When i plug it in and the red light is on its charging, then when the red light goes off it stops charging, i know this because my computer is making a sound each time.

now it never goes to that "hour glass" any more since it happened today. I was in the middle of answering a text and it just shut off.

What can i do? it wont hold a charge long enough to erase and restore it.
    06-21-10 09:12 PM
    It's a bugger, but if you follow my wipe section, and have a lot of patience (or whiskey), you can do it. (maybe hold off on the whiskey till it starts loading )

Posted from my Supercharged Onyx at Idon'tneednostinkin'mobileview.crackberry.com
    06-21-10 09:27 PM
    wheres your wipe section. i need my phone to work ASAP
    06-21-10 09:54 PM
    It's near the end. Look for the red.
    06-21-10 09:57 PM
    not to be a pain but i literally know nothing about this stuff and dont even know what im looking at.

plus i have the curve 8330
    06-21-10 09:59 PM
    I've laid it out as clearly as I could. The device model is irrelevant. Read through and try. You may surprise yourself.
    06-21-10 10:02 PM
    i dont think my phone stays on long enough for that process especially that end part where i have to click next
    06-21-10 10:07 PM
    You may just need a new battery, but guessing it won't succeed is useless. Try it
    06-21-10 10:11 PM
    i tried someone else battery, didnt work

i am not good enough with phones or computers to do that wipe process, ill mess something up. i read that like for the program, and theres no way i can do it
    06-21-10 10:16 PM
    Let's try getting some basic information here:

1) What model phone?
    2) How old is it?
    3) Are you still in your warranty period (1 year from date of purchase?)
    4) Has the phone suffered any hard drops?
    5) Ever had any liquid damage?
    06-21-10 10:37 PM
    Tried taking out the battery: nada
    Tried a new battery: nothing
    Deleted files to free up memory: still nothing

SOLUTION!

I took out my external media card! And now it is working fine! Yay!

I will be buying a new card today; hope this works for you too.
    08-24-10 12:45 PM
    I can confirm, I had this problem with a BlackBerry Z10. Put the battery in another phone and fully charged and the phone booted up! But it would not charge and would not boot in the original phone. Now everything is okay.

So try a new battery, a new charger and if you have access to someone else phone charge it with theirs.
    10-01-14 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD