Forgive me if this has already been addressed, but I've been having a rather major issue with increasing frequency. My phone doesn't get calls or texts for minutes, sometimes hours at a time. It's not isolated to me being in one location, and I'm rarely if ever without at least one bar of service. Sometimes text messages are just delivered late (10, 15 minutes usually but I had a bunch appear 4 hours late). Now it seems that calls are randomly not coming through at all. I do use Google Voice for my voicemail, so I normally get a text message eventually letting me know that I missed a call/have voicemail.

So I guess it could be a Verizon issue, an issue with my phone, or possibly a problem with Google Voice. Has anyone experienced this? Should I just contact Verizon and go from there?

For what it's worth, I've had my Tour since launch day. Currently running 4.7.1.61.
    01-09-10 12:52 PM
    have you made any changes on your tour that may coincide with the occurrence of these problems? it sounds like it's probably a service issue, but sometimes it's hard to tell.

in the case of network issues, i have a couple things you can try. first, a good rule of thumb is to pull your battery whenever you have an issue with service interruptions. if your phone is locked onto a particular cell tower that is out of range you can miss notifications for sms and calls. pulling the battery will force the device to re-establish a connection to the strongest tower signal it can find, once it boots back up. also, try running a prl update (i believe you dial *228 [send] with verizon) to make sure you have the most recent prl list available. this will ensure you are connecting to the best available signal.

if these things don't seem to help, you can always call verizon tech support and have them take a look at your service issues. they may be able to identify and correct network problems you can't fix locally.
    01-09-10 01:04 PM
    I have Verizon, but this hasn't happened to me.. ... I get all of my messages rather quickly, often before they show up on my desktop.
    01-09-10 01:24 PM
    Since you are not sure and mentioned Googlevoice - maybe you should remove that from the middle and test for a day or two.

Email is delivered in two different ways from what I've read. Gmail is almost instantaneous. Other email comes in waves by polling every 15 minutes, if there was something there the last time it checked, it will check it more quickly and if empty, go back to 15 minutes - or something like that. I don't use TXT so don't know how that might work or not.
    01-09-10 02:34 PM
    That's a classic network issue. Why are people making it complicated?
    01-09-10 03:43 PM
    Do a few battery pulls and *228 you should be fine if not then it's got to be some sort of network problem. Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD