Hi,
    Haven't visited this forum much lately, but got E-mail yesterday about upgrade for my Tour available. I'm running official Verizon 4.7.1.53. Is it worth the upgrade to .65? I'm pretty satisfied with my Tour's current performance, just usual trackball quirks solved with occasional cleanings.

Can anyone recommend whether I should upgrade or not, and the benefits?

Thanks,
    Mike
    01-09-10 08:51 AM
    Hi,
    Haven't visited this forum much lately, but got E-mail yesterday about upgrade for my Tour available. I'm running official Verizon 4.7.1.53. Is it worth the upgrade to .65? I'm pretty satisfied with my Tour's current performance, just usual trackball quirks solved with occasional cleanings.

Thanks,
    Mike
    You might want to reread your email because the latest official update from VZW is .61

however if you have purchased BerryWeather the is an update for that from .53 to .65 which is their official latest.
    01-09-10 12:25 PM
    Just upgrade to 5.0.0.419. Bugs are very limited in this OS.
    01-09-10 12:41 PM
    Love how people say to just update to 5.0 because it just has a few bugs now lol.. It's only half broken lol..
    01-09-10 02:41 PM
    Love how people say to just update to 5.0 because it just has a few bugs now lol.. It's only half broken lol..
    LOL... I missed the part where the OP asked about upgrading to 5.0. I thought he was aking about 4.7 so I answered it and being with VZW it is .61 as the latest. I believe that Telus might have .65 but not VZW. Again sorry I mssed the right answer...lol

Wish people would get off 5.0 because everyone else loads it then comkplains about all the bugs it has instead of sitting tight until VZW signs of and QCs 5.0 for official release and that is when I will upgrade.
    01-09-10 02:57 PM
    Well, some people might consider 10 minute reboots and reload errors in 4.7 "bugs".
    01-09-10 04:12 PM
    I have been running 5.0.0.230 for at least 2 months and havent seen a problem yet. I run numerous apps, surf the web everyday,make numerous phonecalls, and take pics and vids all the time. Not once have I seen a problem. Not as many freeze ups as the "official" versions, battery life is MUCH better,threaded sms(which I thought i didnt care about until I got it), and alal in all, the phone is snappier. Im not sure about the other 5.0's, but .230 has been AWESOME for me.
    01-10-10 12:30 AM
    Hi,

Thanks,
    Mike
    like another member said already, the last official OS from Verizon is 4.7.61

who was the e-mail from anyway? It couldn't be Verizon though as there is no such thing as a Official .65 OS

don't mind everything screaming at you to upgrade to 5.0 as its not official, there only a leaked OS
    01-10-10 07:06 AM
    There is an official 4.7.1.65 OS from CBeyond on the Blackberry site. I was using it before I moved on to .419
    01-10-10 12:43 PM
    Yes upgrade you'll get better battery life.

For the record I went from .61 to .419 with no problems other than quickpull not working.
    Last edited by Hockeypuck55; 01-10-10 at 01:37 PM.
    01-10-10 01:34 PM
    i have 4.7.1.61
    01-10-10 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD