So I've been using Beejive ever since I've had my Pearl and transferred it to my Curve 8900 and now my Bold 9700...and I have heard all these great stories about battery life, etc. but I have to say that being logged onto Beejive from 6am to noon, my battery life is already well BELOW 50% and by 4-5p I'm already in the yellow zone and by 6-7p, Forget it!!!!!!!!

So I've sadly completely stopped logging onto Beejive altogether...Perhaps it's because I'm also logged onto facebook and people are constantly coming and going from FB but I find that I no longer talk to friends on AIM and only mostly on Facebook! So sad

After this, My battery is THROUGH THE ROOF!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!! But sad to no longer be logged onto Beejive
    01-08-10 11:01 PM
    hmm beejive works fine for me with battery life I still get 2 days
    01-08-10 11:03 PM
    Even logged onto Facebook?
    01-08-10 11:06 PM
    more than likely it is FB messenger that is causing it. I use beejive with no issues at all. I just transfered my license to my wife's 9700. lets see how her bat life is with FB being logged in. she has tons of people always online.
    01-08-10 11:07 PM
    Do you use beejive with Facebook?
    01-08-10 11:08 PM
    i did for about a week. i did not notice a big drain on my battery. However i only have a few friends on there. Im not a big social networking person.

What all apps do you have running? you can open the application switcher by holding the menu button for a few secs. there are some known battery draining apps.
    01-08-10 11:24 PM
    I'm also running Epocrates, Which I can't exit out of but I don't think is a battery draining culprit...ubbertwitter, Googlemaps (which I've completely suspended the Latitude thing)...I have almost 800 friends on Facebook which everday I try to delete more and more haha!
    01-08-10 11:30 PM
    Too bad you can't selectively add who you want on Beejive's facebook chat
    01-08-10 11:31 PM
    looking at Epocrates it really does not look like that would cause a battery drain. even if it were running.

Im sure its the facebook chat. you should set it to not log in unless told to. and then see how it works.

I do use gmaps with lattitude and it really does not seem to be draining my battery much.
    01-08-10 11:36 PM
    oh okay thanks
    01-08-10 11:37 PM
    I have 6 accounts running on Beejive, including Facebook, and my battery life is excellent. I get a ton of messages thru the day and no problems here. Even with heavy phone usage throughout the day, I'll get over a day of usage on a full battery charge.
    01-08-10 11:57 PM
    I have 6 accounts running on Beejive, including Facebook, and my battery life is excellent. I get a ton of messages thru the day and no problems here. Even with heavy phone usage throughout the day, I'll get over a day of usage on a full battery charge.
    Hm...well I don't know then...all I can say is that I stopped logging on and my battery life improve 3-fold...I'm scared to log back on again because battery life is very important to me (I'm a doctor and I can't have my battery drained mid-day because I don't have time to charge in the hospital!)
    01-08-10 11:59 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I use beejive and listen to music and txt and by the time I get home from school I'm at 40%. I'm thinking its beejive. I use it becuase the bb aim doesn't work good for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-10 03:43 PM
    Beejive has *always* drained my battery like none other. Running one AIM account and Gtalk, on my 8310 it would kill it in less than a day. So I wasn't surprised at all when it did the same on the 9700. It's constantly pulling and sending data so what can you expect, I guess.

01-20-10 04:14 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I use beejive and listen to music and txt and by the time I get home from school I'm at 40%. I'm thinking its beejive. I use it becuase the bb aim doesn't work good for me.

That's not terrible battery life. Unless your aren't talking a lot and it still drains.

01-20-10 04:29 PM
    I use the data services alot so I attribute it to that. On BeeJive I have 7 accounts(including facebook) and it last from about 5a.m to about 9 pm before it goes in the yellow. This includes heavy browsing and podcast downloads, including listening to them.
    01-20-10 04:41 PM
    i had beejive running all day in the office
    worse conenction there
    but the battery life is normal

if you are using google maps shut it down
    01-20-10 05:43 PM
    Yeah Beejive works fine for me too, I get excellent battery life with it. Even with moderate web surfing, texting, and conversations. I still get about 52 hours on a full charge.
    01-20-10 07:05 PM
    BeeJive has been a battery drainer for me too. I log into messenger and facebook.

Usually I log out unless I'm planning to chat with someone.
    01-20-10 07:18 PM
    I have battery drains with beejive as well. One question remains, with some people using Beejive with no problems and some that has battery drainage issues, can custom themes cause the battery to drain much quicker?
    01-29-10 10:57 PM
    Beejive kills my battery quick too. I only log on when I'm going to chat with someone, and it goes pretty quickly. Chatted today for about 30 mins and now my battery is at 39%. Usually, I'm at 65% when I go to sleep at 2:00am. I still have 3 hours to go at this point. I never see my batteryt his low unless I use Beejive during the day.
    01-30-10 12:59 AM
    I started Beejive today at 2:49pm with Gtalk, AIM and Yahoo messenger and my battery at 85%. Its now 11:09pm and my battery is down to 25%. I had 10 minutes in phone use and some bbm'ing. Is there a secret setting to get better battery life? Usually i turn it on when i am going to use it but I would like to keep it on all day.
    01-31-10 10:15 PM
    I have Beejive on 24/7 with 7 different accounts. Off charger at 7am...dozens of emails, dozens of texts, watched some Slingbox, listened to a podcast via bluetooth, WiFi on 24/7, etc. Battery at 41% at 11:15pm.
    01-31-10 11:16 PM
    I have Beejive on 24/7 with 7 different accounts. Off charger at 7am...dozens of emails, dozens of texts, watched some Slingbox, listened to a podcast via bluetooth, WiFi on 24/7, etc. Battery at 41% at 11:15pm.
    My results are pretty much the same. And I'll have ubertwitter running, along with the AP and WSJ apps. My battery life has been good to me.
    01-31-10 11:19 PM
    Beejive 2.0.2 on my 9700 .423 is fine. I def do not consider it a battery eater. Sorry email support@

01-31-10 11:31 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD