Basically, I want something that I can use to either actually connect to my Wachovia account and view history/transfer funds or (if the first option isn't available) balance my individual bank accounts and keep a record (like a checkbook). I was using Verizon's "Mobile Banking" app, but it does not work on OS 5.0.0.419, and Wachovia does not have their own app. I'd prefer the app be on the Crackberry App Store, because I don't like to deal with App World. Any help is appreciated!
    01-08-10 07:00 PM
    Basically, I want something that I can use to either actually connect to my Wachovia account and view history/transfer funds or (if the first option isn't available) balance my individual bank accounts and keep a record (like a checkbook). I was using Verizon's "Mobile Banking" app, but it does not work on OS 5.0.0.419, and Wachovia does not have their own app. I'd prefer the app be on the Crackberry App Store, because I don't like to deal with App World. Any help is appreciated!
    There isnt anything like that as of yet. I use Mobile Checkbook but it doesnt connect to the account and sync. Mobile Checkbook is a great app though. Just manually input the deposits and withdrawals and you should be straight.

I was wondering what the heck was wrong with the Mobile Banking app, I thought that it may be related to .419.
    01-08-10 10:15 PM
    Pageonce's Personal Assistant app sounds like what you want for your first option. I love using it.
    There's a free version that limits you to only 5 accounts.

It's only available in App World as far as I know, and the price tag for the Premium version is usually $6 I think.

However, it is actually on sale (yes on App World!) for $3. It says for the first week of the new year and today's the 8th, so go grab it NOW.
    (I upgraded to the Premium version just yesterday.)
    01-08-10 10:45 PM
    I used to use mobile checkbook but switched to ascendo money. ascendo is just a much better app and has more options as far as tracking spending and budgets. the user interface is a lot nicer too and more customizable.
    01-08-10 10:48 PM
    I used to use mobile checkbook but switched to ascendo money. ascendo is just a much better app and has more options as far as tracking spending and budgets. the user interface is a lot nicer too and more customizable.
    I agree completely here. Ascendo Money costs a bit more than you specified, but is honestly worth every penny. Look at the reviews for it, including mine and you will understand. They also have the option to sync with your accounts, but my bank charges for access this way. I use Ascendo Money to keep track of my cash flow, and also as a double-check on my bank and debit charges. Amazingly it has caught some errors on the part of my bank and also some charges to my debit card. So really it's paid for itself easily. I tried every money managment app I could find, (free and pay) and Ascendo Money was the absolute best. I highly recommend this app.
    01-08-10 11:07 PM
    I agree completely here. Ascendo Money costs a bit more than you specified, but is honestly worth every penny. Look at the reviews for it, including mine and you will understand. They also have the option to sync with your accounts, but my bank charges for access this way. I use Ascendo Money to keep track of my cash flow, and also as a double-check on my bank and debit charges. Amazingly it has caught some errors on the part of my bank and also some charges to my debit card. So really it's paid for itself easily. I tried every money managment app I could find, (free and pay) and Ascendo Money was the absolute best. I highly recommend this app.
    Is there another version besides the $29.99 bundled one? I cant seem to find it.
    01-08-10 11:19 PM
    I believe $29.99 is for Ascendo Money only. I know it's a little pricey, but like I said, worth every penny. I have used/transfered it on 3 blackberrys now, and so it's not all that bad of an investment. Give it a test drive. I think they give a 15 or 30 day trial. If I remember correctly, I purchased after the first day. I haven't even considered another app to replace it since it works so well for me. In my opinion, it's perfect for what I use it for. Also a plus, their customer service is second to none.
    01-09-10 02:06 AM
    Pageonce's Personal Assistant app sounds like what you want for your first option. I love using it.

It's only available in App World as far as I know, and the price tag for the Premium version is usually $6 I think.

However, it is actually on sale (yes on App World!) for $3. It says for the first week of the new year and today's the 8th, so go grab it NOW.
    Wow, I just looked up Personal Assistant Premium on the CB App Store. I hadn't thought it was there�
    I was wrong. It is there, but it's $9.99!!!

I've never seen App World beat an App Store price like this.
    The dev must have adjusted their price to account for Mobihand taking a larger cut, I'm going to assume.

Anyway great, secure little app for checking your balances and recent transactions. Also tracks loyalty points (air miles, etc) and flight itineraries too in the Premium version.
    For $3, worth trying before spending the $30 on Ascendo, which I'm sure does more, but who cares if Personal Assistant does all you needed? (Only directed at OP re his original request; NOT a debate-starter� honest!)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by elite1; 01-09-10 at 05:31 AM.
    01-09-10 05:26 AM
    I'm trying the trial version of Ascendo, and I don't see any way to link my bank account. It just looks like a glorified checkbook.

01-09-10 08:19 AM

+1 for pagonce, i'm using it now and love it
    01-09-10 08:27 AM
    I'm trying the trial version of Ascendo, and I don't see any way to link my bank account. It just looks like a glorified checkbook.

That's strange because if you look in your menu there is an option for "Online Banking Setup" I had set it up and could not connect. When I called my bank, they said I needed to pay something like $3 a month for this type of access. Further digging showed only some banks charge for this. It's the same access as Quicken IIRC. So yeah, it's there. Hm. Glorified checkbook, or highly organized and efficient? Just depends on how you look at it and how consistantly you use it.

I just noticed you are using the trial version. I say contact Ascendo and ask about it if it's something you will use. Maybe it's disabled in the trial version.
    01-09-10 11:27 PM
    That's strange because if you look in your menu there is an option for "Online Banking Setup" I had set it up and could not connect. When I called my bank, they said I needed to pay something like $3 a month for this type of access. Further digging showed only some banks charge for this. It's the same access as Quicken IIRC. So yeah, it's there. Hm. Glorified checkbook, or highly organized and efficient? Just depends on how you look at it and how consistantly you use it.

I just noticed you are using the trial version. I say contact Ascendo and ask about it if it's something you will use. Maybe it's disabled in the trial version.
    Yeah, there is no such option. I will shoot them an email and ask about it, though.
    01-10-10 08:11 AM
    I'm a fan of page once... never tried ascendo money though
    01-10-10 08:26 AM
    I also downloaded the pageonce trial, but is there any way to actually interact with your bank accounts (i.e. transfer funds) or can you only view them?
    01-10-10 08:28 AM
    Ok, Ascendo update: I found out that I had to use the desktop version to setup my online accounts, but all it did was download the last 3 months of transactions and balance my accounts off that (so my savings only had $147 and my checking was off by several dollars). Completely useless IMO, so I will now look into pageonce.
    01-10-10 08:58 AM
    I also downloaded the pageonce trial, but is there any way to actually interact with your bank accounts (i.e. transfer funds) or can you only view them?
    Pageonce is just a secure viewer, so no transfers or transactions at all.

I just upgraded to Premium this week after having the free version for a year or so. ($3 - couldn't pass up!)
    It's just great having everything there in one place. My 5 accounts I've had so far:
    -Royal Bank: shows my chequing & savings accounts, Line of Credit, 2nd joint LOC w the wife, Visa, and RSP (Registered Retirement Savings Plan - kind of a Canadian personally held 401k)
    -BMO Mastercard
    -American Express
    -TD Canada Trust - my company's chequing account & credit line
    -Air Miles - tracks my air miles loyalty points

It's awesome being out somewhere shopping, thinking maybe your credit card is close to limit and within 60 seconds or so being able to toggle through all of your credit cards to see which has room.
    And for me as a small-medium business owner, the access to my company account is invaluable.

01-10-10 09:29 AM
    Ok, Ascendo update: I found out that I had to use the desktop version to setup my online accounts, but all it did was download the last 3 months of transactions and balance my accounts off that (so my savings only had $147 and my checking was off by several dollars). Completely useless IMO, so I will now look into pageonce.
    Hm. I'd say somehow you're not doing something correctly. I'm not saying this is the case for you, but whenever I have found discrepancies between my account and Ascendo Money, it has NOT been Ascendo Money's fault. In fact, it caught a gas station charging me an addition dollar per transaction on occasion. At anyrate, it doesn't look like it can work for you so I'd just move on. At least you gave it a shot before forming an opinon, that I can respect. Keep us posted on your other findings with the other apps.
    01-10-10 02:43 PM
    Elite1, does Pageonce access your accounts the same way Quicken does? Or can it do it thru Online Banking? The reason I ask is Ascendo Money goes through the same as Quicken and my bank charges for this.
    01-10-10 02:46 PM
    I'm almost 100% sure that it accesses your online banking info. When you add accounts you have to enter your online passwords. I've never been charged for anything.
    I think this app is essentially a client for Pageonce's website, which I believe is set up to do virtually the same thing. (I believe so, but I've barely gone on there.)

It updates your account on their server every 24 hours. When you open the app your info has to be pushed through like when you go into App World. It will tell you how current/old the info is on each account you open. You have the option to Refresh that account, or to Refresh all.

Whenever you exit the app, even to switch apps using App Switcher or QuickLaunch or even answering a phone call, the app closes for security reasons. This way you can never accidentally leave it running in the background and possibly have anyone else see it.

If your device is lost, I think I remember reading you can go onto their website and cancel access from your lost device.

You also get an email from Pageonce almost daily with some factoid about your accounts, such as:
    -your loan payment of $xxx.xx on account #xxxx is due in 2 days
    -you received 20 Air Miles
    -the value of your account decreased by more than 10%
    I find about half of them interesting, especially the Air Miles ones as they come on at irregular intervals.
    My Mastercard was "compromised" last month (cloned I guess) and Pageonce actually picked up on it too. I received an email that night about a suspicious transaction in Toronto. (I'm in Vancouver.)

01-10-10 03:21 PM
    Interesting. I will look into this. I use Ascendo Money as a double check on all my activity. This looks like something that will keep things up to date according to my what my bank is saying is happening. I usually jump online a few times a week to make sure my totals on Ascendo Money match my balance. Sounds like a winner if I don't have to pay to access my account.
    01-10-10 08:30 PM
    You can try the free version as it let's you put up to 5 accounts on. There is a popup bubble when you open on the free version with Pay or Continue Free. I wasn't bothered by it.

Might be worth just buying off App World if you're interested. AW historically doesn't have sales. It's reg price $6 there and $10 on the CB App Store, so the current $3 price is a good gamble for you. (It said promo price for 1st week of January and it's already the 10th becoming the 11th, so time is of the essence�)

BlackBerry App World - Personal Assistant Premium

Last edited by elite1; 01-11-10 at 12:12 AM.
    01-11-10 12:05 AM
    Thanks for the tip! I just grabbed it and I'm sure you are correct in saying time was of the essence! I made it with a couple minutes to spare. For $2.99 I'm willing to gamble. I'm off to set this sucker up! Thanks again.
    01-11-10 01:59 AM
    Hey that's what this site is all about!

Post back with your impressions in a day or two maybe, or a week even. Hope it works for you too!

01-11-10 02:35 AM
    Pageonce is a good app,I used that for awhile before I found out that wells fargo has a shortcut app,which you can get to the same site by going to wf.com on your phones browser. The Wachovias' out here in colorado changed to wells fargo,since they bought them.
    01-11-10 03:01 AM
    Pageonce is a good app,I used that for awhile before I found out that wells fargo has a shortcut app,which you can get to the same site by going to wf.com on your phones browser. The Wachovias' out here in colorado changed to wells fargo,since they bought them.
    Our Wachovias are still Wachovias. Do you think we can use the Wells-Fargo site?
    01-11-10 07:31 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD