I'm going to be taking an assessment tomorrow morning and I'm required to leave my Tour in the car.

I remember reading somewhere that cold can damage the device. Any thoughts on how long/cold it has to be to cause problems?

I'm looking at about an hour and a half for the testing and it's supposed to be around 25 degrees.
    01-08-10 04:18 PM
    Wrap it up in some kind of fabric (like a shirt) and put it in the glove box, I wouldn't expect any problems if I were you.
    01-08-10 04:21 PM
    I was thinking about that or a blanket or something. A friend of mine suggested sticking it in one of those portable coolers but I don't have one and can't see buying one just for one day's use.
    01-08-10 04:24 PM
    The cooler is a pretty good idea, maybe one of those cheap styrofoam coolers.

I bet one of those emergency/space blankets or some similar material would keep it about room temperature.

But I think you could leave it sitting out without anything to keep it warm and it would be fine.

I don't know for a fact because I've never done it. But if it were me, I wouldn't worry too much.
    01-08-10 04:31 PM
    It should be fine, wrapped in something and in the glove box for that amount of time....
    01-08-10 04:36 PM
    The only thing that I can think of that might cause problems (probably not) is if it was really cold and you brought it into a really warm enviroment. The condensation that the temperature differences would cause might get too much moisture inside the phone. But I wouldn't worry about it at all. If you just leave it on your seat or in the glovebox, and then when you get in the car the process of heating up the cold car would fix any issues it might have being cold.

Now leaving your BB all alone in your cold car is another issue, it doesn't sound very nice. I'm sure it will get over it though.
    01-08-10 04:48 PM
    If you're that worried, have someone drop you and leave the bb with them, locked of course.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 04:56 PM
    I'm going to be taking an assessment tomorrow morning and I'm required to leave my Tour in the car.

I remember reading somewhere that cold can damage the device. Any thoughts on how long/cold it has to be to cause problems?

I'm looking at about an hour and a half for the testing and it's supposed to be around 25 degrees.

I work in 20 degree weather and my phone is still fine.

Have your heat blasting before you get to your destination and throw it in your glove box if you are worried. Should be fine either way.
    01-08-10 05:39 PM
    Thanks for all the help guys! I've decided to go with a microfiber blanket and stuff it in my glove box.
    01-08-10 06:16 PM
    If you're that worried, have someone drop you and leave the bb with them, locked of course.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'll be suffering from BB separation anxiety as is, no need to compound that with the fear of it being taken hostage.
    01-08-10 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD